• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm glad to see Prog back. Best Melee commentator ever.

The Japanese have been super quiet on the SFV front they could be ready to unleash something. They aware of our dominance and don't seem to happy with their own performances this year.

Art is streaming at the Arc booth so I wouldn't doubt it if he streams DBZ stuff which would be the best since you'll get the best quality. A lot of players from various games are interested in it so it could potentially end up as being the biggest fighting game of it's time if the players who are interested in it stick with it.

Vegas is going to be hot as hell so everyone stay safe. Over 100° during EVO.

Shouta

Just to be clear, Evo does whatever the hell they want for their Sunday schedule. They aren't using specific thresholds or metrics to determine what goes where. Arguments about entrant numbers or its first year don't really have much of an effect as a result.

Neoxon

I'm glad to see Prog back. Best Melee commentator ever.

The Japanese have been super quiet on the SFV front they could be ready to unleash something. They aware of our dominance and don't seem to happy with their own performances this year.

Art is streaming at the Arc booth so I wouldn't doubt it if he streams DBZ stuff which would be the best since you'll get the best quality. A lot of players from various games are interested in it so it could potentially end up as being the biggest fighting game of it's time if the players who are interested in it stick with it.

Vegas is going to be hot as hell so everyone stay safe. Over 100° during EVO.
Sweet Christmas, & I thought Texas had it rough.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
WNF is on. https://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

This is the first time FChamp hasn't done a training session pre-EVO with Internationals at his home.

^ 105 to 110 the next four days actually, plus humidity. It's 90 here with humidity and it's really bad. I can't imagine another 10+ degrees.

sinkfla87

Then I'll edit all my stuff out.

Whining isn't allowed?!! Lol in all seriousness though, wish you were going to Evo man. Was looking forward to some high stakes Black Canary matches :(. You, Whiteboi, and Noobe are now the saviors of the NRS Tournament scene.

pixelish

these are the players that i would like to see on espn:
smug
punk
nuckledu
itazan
a rashid player (oil king perhaps)
tokido
xian
nemo

Shouta

Oh, huh? From what I can tell, Kayopolice is showing up to Evo this year. I'm just a little bummed I'm not going now. I got to hang out with her during pools as I helped translate for her. She was really nice and it would have been great to chat with her again.

Can I get on my soapbox again and say that the best way to fix the whole kerfuffle over who gets to be on Sunday is to stop making Sunday so damn important and give games ending Saturday an equal amount of prestige and production

High profile events have their gold medal events at the olympics occur practically every day of the week ain't nobody bawling that their event ain't being held on the last day

Yo we're getting Spooky and Prog back for Evo! Will make it even better!

This is my dream results for winners:

SFV: Punk or Nuckledu or Smug
Smash 4: Nairo
Melee: Mew2King (because he's the only Smash god who hasn't won an Evo yet)
Tekken: Speedkicks
Mahvel: Apologyman (this is the year guys. I can feel it)

Smo21

I'm attending this year! Are these panels any good? What should I expect from the Capcom one that's early Friday?

Can I get on my soapbox again and say that the best way to fix the whole kerfuffle over who gets to be on Sunday is to stop making Sunday so damn important and give games ending Saturday an equal amount of prestige and production

High profile events have their gold medal events at the olympics occur practically every day of the week ain't nobody bawling that their event ain't being held on the last day

You're absolutely right.

But I don't see it happening because of EVO management.

Don't forget us stuck on Friday...

mbpm1

As an European that has been several times in the U.S., i can confirm this.

You guys don`t realize that you`re the only people that do this and i actually hate it.

Tipping should be up to me, but in the US they look bad at you if you don`t..which for us is totally absurd, you already have a salary for your job..
In the us they use the money given by the customer as an incentive to pay their employees less. It's a win win...for employers.

Anyways when's Friday

Compbros

Whining isn't allowed?!! Lol in all seriousness though, wish you were going to Evo man. Was looking forward to some high stakes Black Canary matches :(. You, Whiteboi, and Noobe are now the saviors of the NRS Tournament scene.
US 3 making it to top 8 would've been the greatest lol.

BadWolf

According to twitter the Japanese KOF players (M', Koukou, Oogosyo, Kindevu etc.) and MadKOF have arrived, so has ET from Taiwan.

Reynald and crew are already there too.

Also it looks like the Japanese player who always owns with King of Dinosaurs while wearing a dinosaur mask is attending as well.

DEi9KHAUwAAU8nO.jpg

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
As I'm not attending this year, I'll be watching this thread like a hawk.

Absolutely no whining about games will be allowed. No "Why is this game in the line-up" "When is this game over" yadda yadda. If you're doing something like this, you'll catch a short vacation.

Gonna add it to the OP so people are clear.

Thank you so much. It was obnoxious to deal with that kind of mentality.

WNF is on. https://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

This is the first time FChamp hasn't done a training session pre-EVO with Internationals at his home.

^ 105 to 110 the next four days actually, plus humidity. It's 90 here with humidity and it's really bad. I can't imagine another 10+ degrees.
global warming isn't something we should concern ourselves with tho...

Those temperatures are just insane! My goodness, hope no one has a heat stroke

Rafus

So, they gonna do all the Tekken 7 till top 8 on Friday? With all the players registration that they got, won't it be too stacked?
I don't think I can watch that much Tekken in a single day xD

Yo guys please stop by the SNK booth and try out SamSho V Special. Feedback is welcome!

I'm working on the game but can't be at the event.

rmanthorp

I can't believe GG has close to double BB but isn't on Sunday when BB is... I hate how politics and money this whole thing seems to be. Marvel, the charity game getting a spot over NRS or KOF seems pretty fucking cheeky as well.

DrArchon

I can't believe GG has close to double BB but isn't on Sunday when BB is... I hate how politics and money this whole thing seems to be. Marvel, the charity game getting a spot over NRS or KOF seems pretty fucking cheeky as well.

They weren't sure that the new version of GG would be out in time for EVO, BB just got a new version as well, GG was on Sunday last year, and the last time BB was it EVO it had one of the hypest grand finals in the history of the tournament.

Nothing shady about it.

Also, they said that no matter what game won the charity drive, it'd get the 1st slot in Sunday. Doesn't matter that it's Marvel.

sephi22

The charity game getting a Sunday spot was supposed to be a bonus motivator for people to vote their faves in. It just happened to be Marvel. Marvel and EVO go hand in hand since every Evo's had one, so it being on Sunday is pretty good. Injustice is sometimes really boring to watch and KOF doesn't have the numbers to justify a Sunday spot IMO.

I can see the thought process behind keeping BB on Sunday, since the last finals were mad hype, but unfortunately this particular version isnt very good and players don't seem as enthused about BB as they are about GG, so it might be a folly in hindsight.

They weren't sure that the new version of GG would be out in time for EVO.
Of course they were. MrWizard announced GG Rev2 as an EVO game during the reveal stream, not Rev1. GG being on Saturday was decided during the reveal stream itself. Back in February

Forward

All I know is I'll be tuning in to see which Korean (go Saint!) and which Japanese Raven player (lol) wins GG... and that's pretty much it. Oh, wait - MvC3 is getting another swan song. Goddammit. I'll be watching that spectacle too. I want to see a Pure upset.

DrArchon

Of course they were. MrWizard announced GG Rev2 as an EVO game during the reveal stream, not Rev1. GG being on Saturday was decided during the reveal stream itself. Back in February

I just remember that Rev2 didn't have a concrete release date by the time they were deciding which games would show up at EVO. I was thinking they were playing it safe by putting in on Sunday in case they had to go with Rev1 instead.

According to twitter the Japanese KOF players (M', Koukou, Oogosyo, Kindevu etc.) and MadKOF have arrived, so has ET from Taiwan.

Reynald and crew are already there too.

Also it looks like the Japanese player who always owns with King of Dinosaurs while wearing a dinosaur mask is attending as well.

Mexico will save us.

Also rooting for mah boi Venezuealn wonder Fuko on Tekken

Top Bottom