• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F.E.A.R. 2 Demo

Mohonky

Truant said:
Ironic.

They're from the same developer.

I feel Condemned is also the better game in every way. Right down to the way the engine is used.

I found it interesting that despite the fact FEAR used the same engine, Condemned was a far superior title on the 360 visually.

Condemned > FEAR imo also.

Joseph Merrick said:
more streaming pc impressions; the controls are insanely good. really excellent feel to it. way better than the first game.

get a pc, you dirty poor.

that's probably a paradox.

People still play games on PC? :lol

MMaRsu

Banned
Truant said:
Ironic.

They're from the same developer.

heh, forgot all about that. But still, Condemned is a much scarier game with a better atmosphere. But that doesn't mean this game isn't good.

Ethereal

This is the kinda game that I want to play on PC only, especially given the poor ass quality of the ports to console of FEAR first time around. That shouldn't be as much of an issue this time around, but still, I like most of my shooters on PC. Mouse and Keyboard FTW

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Truant said:
Condemned 2 > Condemned 1 > F.E.A.R

So, I agree.
Holy fucking shit, you're a cool guy dude but that shit you just said is just ridiculous.

JRW

Ethereal said:
This is the kinda game that I want to play on PC only, especially given the poor ass quality of the ports to console of FEAR first time around. That shouldn't be as much of an issue this time around, but still, I like most of my shooters on PC. Mouse and Keyboard FTW

Would have to agree especially if your PC is decent.

I had a similar experience with Left 4 Dead.. Played it on 360, loved it, then bought it on Steam for PC and cant stop playing it .. it runs so much smoother (60+ fps vs. 360's 30fps) , has higher res textures and the mouse + keyboard control is much nicer.

Kibbles

Hammer24 said:
Sorry mate, link doesn´t work for me. Demo not available here? :S
Did you go to "New Arrivals" under Game Demos?

I'm downloading it now, but is the grain filter as bad as BF:BC?

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
I put everything on max settings with some AA/AF and the game still ran very smooth, for some reason I can't seem to use buttons 4-5 on my mouse they won't register when I re-bind actions.

I played the PS3 version and loved it.. I will try out the 360 one tonight but I assume they will be just about the same.

I will say that it does just feel like a small upgrade to the first game but I just really like how it plays.

kodt

Banned
Shake Appeal said:
I've read this over a few times and still don't understand it.

I actually agree, Condemned 1 got boring after a few levels, but I couldn't stop playing Condemned 2.

Ryuuga

Banned
PC DEMO! I checked the official site earlier and they still didn't have it up, so I'm glad I came here. Thanks OP.

Blutonium said:
This is my GOTY right here. It runs smooth as hell on my rig, looks gorgeous, and is just PURE. AWESOMENESS.
I'm going to call it right here at let's say the end of the third week of the year, our goty has officially been selected. have fun these upcoming 49 weeks, suckers! and try harder next time. I swear developers are just getting lazier

mittelos

Got the 360 version all queued-up (love this new feature). Anxious to compare this to the PS3 version. The only thing I didn't like about it was the controls, so I'm hoping the 360 version fixes that up.

JSnake said:
Downloading the PC demo now. DOWNLOAD FASTER! I hope I can run this maxed out with 60 FPS. :)
My rig:
7900GTX
AMD 5000+
2GB ram

The game recommended setting everything to maximum and it all ran smoothly, I'd say you're OK.

Truant

Seiken said:
Holy fucking shit, you're a cool guy dude but that shit you just said is just ridiculous.

I totally understand why people prefer C1 over C2, but for me, the investigation and the later levels just pushed it over the top for me. I loved it.

About what I expected. Solid although not groundbreaking. I kinda wanted a full cover system this go around instead of just being able to kick over tables and such but I wasn't expecting it.

Gunplay feels mostly good. Not the prettiest game on the 360 but it's decent enough. Would have liked to have seen some multiplayer because that would be the deciding factor on whether I pick it up or not. Without that I'll wait for impressions from the retail game.

Lince

Banned
I like it, runs and looks awesome, I'm contemplating preordering the limited edition (tin case) that includes the original FEAR even though I already have it.

vilmer_

I have it running great on a P4 and a 6800gt! It looks as though they've revamped the aiming and shooting part of the engine which is a surprise... Either way, can't wait for the full version to ship!

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
fangaming's link is incredible for this.

Should take about 30 minutes, I was getting like 5 hours on the others. :lol

1400kb/s

Gowans

WOW!!!! just downloaded and played the 360 demo and WOW & from goign to keeping an eye on it to I can't wait. This is how you do a demo.

I played FEAR on PC (and checked out the 360 demo) but this sequel is really taking it up again.

The visuals are great it runs smooth as butter and I love all the atmospheric effects. It looks really really good and definatly has a very Killzone 2 vibe to it.

The control was soild, COD4 scheme but a little stiff, maybe its the style of the game I can always make it higher but I never had a problem with it.

The enemys are a lot more advanced but in a subtle way from FEAR. FEAR's AI was way above its time now everyone has caught up but I did feel flanked and had to do an awesome thing where I pushed down cover to hide behind (or open a car door).

The weapons seem solid and varied, plenty to try in the demo.

The UI works great, highlighting exactly what you can pickup or use without getting in the way or taking you out of the action.

The Slowdown is the same as always and so hand in a push.

And the Mech well is EPIC try it for yourself and see.

Very Impressed.

Kingpen

My favorite FPS on the 360... I'm going to be trading some games for it this weekend. Can't wait to try the demo.

Only thing I'm disapointed about is that the 'Instant Action' sections from the other FEAR games are seeming that they are not included in the game. Maybe for DLC I hope.

nubbe

New_Picture_1.jpg

New_Picture.jpg

New_Picture_2.jpg

I didnt really enjoy Fear. Should I check this out anyway? I didnt hate fear but I wasnt a fan of the controls and the way the guns shot.

Timan

Developer
Pretty long demo, but with it being almost 2gb I can see why.

Can't wait to play the full then when it comes out. Had a blast with this, not so many "BOOO" moments as the first fear demo. That scared the living shit out of me, going down the ladder and boom.

Top Bottom