• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

fail0verflow - PS3 Private Key + PSP Key + PS3's Blu-Ray Key found, FW 3.50 decrypted

itxaka

Defeatist
And the file manager as well:

Comgenie's awesome file manager:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YL0HQNQO

Seems that the process is easy as hell.

1)Create something with Psligth. Compile it. You will get an elf file.

2)./make_self_npdrm name.elf name.self IP9100-BULL11112_00-0000111122223333

3)Change in the makefile: titleid := IP9100-BULL11112_00-0000111122223333 and APPID :=BULL11112

4) make pkg

5) ./package_finalize name.pkg

And it's done. Maybe he has remove the npdrm checking for that title/app ID? Maybe is a title/app id special left there by Sony?
OOr maybe I'm looking too much, and you could change the title/app id for whatever you want :lol

EDIT: And blackbox FTP server 1.2, claiming it works but not confirmed yet.
http://www.multiupload.com/YVPGHUCZ5H

What a shame that I'm at work!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, those of you with GeoHot's firmware can run on PSN?

RDreamer

I'm pretty happy about this all. My 60 gig PS3 just had its blu ray drive die, and instead of paying 150 bucks to have it fixed we bought a new one and put that one in the bedroom for netflix, psn, ps2 and ps1 games. If I can get more use out of that, it'd be great. Specifically I'd love to be able to play the fan translation of the Zodiac Job Edition of FFXII, so hopefully the region locking and stuff is all gone soon with the cfw.

I think I want to see what Sony's response to this is before I do any of this. I'm honestly surprised that there hasn't been anything at all yet.

itxaka

Defeatist
wow, there is quite a lot of buzz now :lol

1: Evilnat CFW with peek&poke: Someone claims to have a CFW with peek&poke enabled. Not tested yet. There is some download links but I'm not sure of them being good ones.

2: Dean's game launcher: The guy from Multiman is testing a small app that would launch game directly from the HDD with no syscalls needed. He is signing it now. One program = one game

3: PS3 PYTHON! They are thinking of updating the abandoned ps3 python project! Awesome!

Branson

So if you install geohots fw, and Sony releases a new mandatory update, and you want to keep playing online, can you update safely? Or is it too early to tell?

Mr_Brit

Banned
kadab said:
maybe it's time to make a new thread with all the cfw and maybe homebrew
Stumpokapow said:
Whoever makes the thread should make sure that they're willing to commit to maintaining the OP.

Nope, bad idea. It's way to early in the scene with no complling content/homebrew and it will send the message that installing current CFW is recommended/safe when we don't know what will happen. Waiting a while longer is the wisest course of action for most users. In a few months we'll have proper, safe CFW and good homebrew and then is the time for most PS3 owners to upgrade.

KtSlime

Stumpokapow said:
Whoever makes the thread should make sure that they're willing to commit to maintaining the OP.

Well, I'd do it but I've never made a thread before

*traces the an 8 in the ground with foot*

Does someone want to help if I do make one?

jiggles

Banned
I wonder how these homebrew packages will work with the PS+ automatic updates feature.

Like, do they get added to the list of packages to be checked, and then can Sony log a request from my account to check for Snes9x updates and ban me?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Mr_Brit said:
Nope, bad idea. It's way to early in the scene with no complling content/homebrew and it will send the message that installing current CFW is recommended/safe when we don't know what will happen. Waiting a while longer is the wisest course of action for most users. In a few months we'll have proper, safe CFW and good homebrew and then is the time for most PS3 owners to upgrade.

By this logic we should have retroactively not had the PSJailbreak threads because they were an unknown quantity, people could have been out serious cash, and nothing might have come of them.

As long as the OP presents an accurate assessment of the status quo, it's okay to do a thread before the scene gets fully robust.

angelfly

jigglywiggly said:
I wonder how these homebrew packages will work with the PS+ automatic updates feature.

Like, do they get added to the list of packages to be checked, and then can Sony log a request from my account to check for Snes9x updates and ban me?
My guess would be no, because homebrew apps aren't added to the "recently played" list. which I assume Sony uses for that feature.

brotkasten said:
:lol

Mr_Brit

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
By this logic we should have retroactively not had the PSJailbreak threads because they were an unknown quantity, people could have been out serious cash, and nothing might have come of them.

As long as the OP presents an accurate assessment of the status quo, it's okay to do a thread before the scene gets fully robust.
In that case a good disclaimer stating that it'd be unrecommended to upgrade to CFW at this time and to wait would be wise.

P.S: PS Jailbreak can't connect to PSN so it has a much smaller risk of causing you to be banned as well as being properly tested by several people for a few weeks before release. Current CFW is being made by one guy in his room testing it on their PS3s and they have no idea what effect their CFW will have on other users.

Cruzader

Banned
LovingSteam said:
Are you hoping folks do get banned?
Uh, no. He, like me, just want to know this is "fail-safe" and that if we do install GH FW, then we will be ok.

Though I'd wait a while like someone posted just incase. Im gonna wait a few weeks and then do it.

TheSeks

Cool. I'm more worried about PSN access/losing my account than losing the jailbreak/firmware option now.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Mr_Brit said:
In that case a good disclaimer stating that it'd be unrecommended to upgrade to CFW at this time and to wait would be wise.

P.S: PS Jailbreak can't connect to PSN so it has a much smaller risk of causing you to be banned as well as being properly tested by several people for a few weeks before release. Current CFW is being made by one guy in his room testing it on their PS3s and they have no idea what effect their CFW will have on other users.

No one here would seriously think that running homebrew/CFW is a 100% safe activity. It really doesn't need to be stated.

Sophia

TheSeks said:
Cool. I'm more worried about PSN access/losing my account than losing the jailbreak/firmware option now.

I'm not terribly worried, at least with Geohotz's method. It was already confirmed a few pages back that you can just revert to regular 3.55 if they start banning accounts.

BigNastyCurve said:
Some weird debug crap in the middle of the screen when using the snes9x stuff. Not sure what that is.

Yeah it's on every game. The emulator was just a quick port of SNES9x. I give it another day or two and we'll see a proper version.

itxaka

Defeatist
BigNastyCurve said:
Some weird debug crap in the middle of the screen when using the snes9x stuff. Not sure what that is.

It seems that the snes9x version signed is from an alpha of last year. Wasn't even compiled by the original author but by a third person as a proof of concept.

In fact I think the creator of snes9x got mad as people are seeing a crappy version of his emulator :lol

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Marrshu said:
I'm not terribly worried, at least with Geohotz's method. It was already confirmed a few pages back that you can just revert to regular 3.55 if they start banning accounts.

Yeah it's on every game. The emulator was just a quick port of SNES9x. I give it another day or two and we'll see a proper version.

If you go on PSN whilst using a CFW then there is a risk that you will leave a fingerprint that would allow Sony to ban you. It all depends how aggressive Sony wants to be to combat this.

TheSeks

Marrshu said:

That's the thing I'm worried about. I can't give a shit if they ban my BC PS3, because I could just get a slim and go online. PSN account that I have 1400+ trophies and $100+ in content on? Yeah, that's worrisome.

Sophia

cyberheater said:
If you go on PSN whilst using a CFW then there is a risk that you will leave a fingerprint that would allow Sony to ban you. It all depends how aggressive Sony wants to be to combat this.

Meh, let em be aggressive. If this ends up anything like the situation with the Wii, then Homebrew will be more valuable then PSN access anyhow.

angelfly

TheSeks said:
That's the thing I'm worried about. I can't give a shit if they ban my BC PS3, because I could just get a slim and go online. PSN account that I have 1400+ trophies and $100+ in content on? Yeah, that's worrisome.
I'm probably somewhere close to $300 or $400 spent on PSN between my NA and JP accounts but I'm diving in. I connected to PSN every day when the PSN enabled payload was first released until Sony blocked it. If they do block it then they're just saving me money and losing money that I would also spend on retail games in the future in favor of buying them on 360 so I can play them online.

itxaka

Defeatist
TheSeks said:

If they are smarter they will ban consoles so people can jump and get another console to play their psn games and keep their trophies like with 360's bannings (bans?).

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I use the swap disc method for streaming my japanese PS2 games to my PS3 but I haven't done that in a while because it is too cumbersome. I just want the damn thing to work from the HDD and I can finally play the real Victorious Boxers 2, not that fake shit we got stateside for $20. I've been trying to play this game as properly as I can without getting a chipped PS2. I bought it from Play-Asia and I've been in the PCSX2 thread as far back as 2007 trying to get this running, lol. Dammit Ippo, I will get it working one day! :lol

3rdman

Regarding any of the homebrew emus/backup managers...Do any of them support loading files from a network?

Also, my backups are presently on my HDD...would anything happen to them if I upgrade the firmware?

Zoe

Branson said:
So if you install geohots fw, and Sony releases a new mandatory update, and you want to keep playing online, can you update safely? Or is it too early to tell?

It's too early to tell. Sony probably wouldn't be able to act until the next OFW iteration. However, you can be certain that they're following everything Geohot's doing.

cyberheater said:
No one here would seriously think that running homebrew/CFW is a 100% safe activity. It really doesn't need to be stated.

Obviously not if people are still asking if it's safe to go onto PSN.

jiggles

Banned
I wish these apps didn't broadcast themselves over the presence data so much. I got like 15 PSN messages when using the file manager saying "WTF are you doing?" :lol

Top Bottom