• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Fake] Parody story about NC Bathroom Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: Tired me duped by fake link, mods lock please

There was a thread about HB2 in North Carolina, so I don't know if this should get its own thread, but this news seems absurd enough to me to warrant one.

Raleigh, NC — At a press conference today, North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory took further steps to ensure that his controversial bill, HB2, will be upheld when it comes to law enforcement. McCrory announced that his office has setup a 24-hour hotline for individuals to call if they witness someone not abiding by the new law.

“If you see a woman, who doesn’t look like a woman, using the woman’s restroom, be vigilant, call the hotline, and report that individual.” McCrory told reporters. “We need our state to unite as one if we’re going to keep our children safe from all the sexual predators and other aberrant behavior that is out there.”

“Beginning today, individuals that notice any kind of gender-suspicious activity in the men’s or women’s restrooms are encouraged to call the new ‘HB2 Offender Hotline’,” Horner said. “We encourage North Carolina’s residents to take photographs and report as much detail as possible when calling. With the information gathered from this hotline, we’ll be working closely with local law enforcement agencies to make sure this law is enforced and those who break the law see jail bars. We are sending a clear message to all the transsexuals out there; their illegal actions and deviant behavior will no longer be tolerated in the state of North Carolina.”

As if the 24-hour hotline wasn't enough, I can't believe they're encouraging citizens to photograph other people in the restroom. This is attacking transgender people and helping no one.

http://abcnews.com.co/nc-governor-hb2-hotline-report-correct-bathroom/

Grym

I would think photography in a bathroom would be legally restricted, no? I'd definitely look into it and try to sue if someone tries to take a photo of me while in a restroom...

EDIT - oh...abcnews.com.co...this is fake right? nevermind

http://abcnews.com.co/contact/

ABC has a beautiful headquarters in Kansas ;)

obit-fred-phelps.jpg

Address: 3701 SW 12th St, Topeka, KS 66604
Phone:(785) 273-0325

akira28

ok, so now time to troll the fuck out of that number so it either electronically shuts down, or so the people checking the messages never actually get any real work done.

edit: oh, fake. well I did figure someone would have warned them, had they been stupid enough to actually suggest trying this.

Ascenion

The fact that this is probably fake yet most still believed it says a whole lot about my state. Damn it North Carolina, we are better than this.

User1608

Banned
Almost believed it until I looked at the site further. How sad is it that we all thought it were or could've been real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom