• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

UberTag

Ok so I'm gonna need Mark Ingram to inexplicably catch a one-day flu or get kidnapped by Vic Mackey before Monday night
Lucky for you his coach hates him so Ingram could wind up getting zero touches while completely healthy depending on what side of the bed Sean Payton wakes up on tomorrow.

Lucky for you his coach hates him so Ingram could wind up getting zero touches while completely healthy depending on what side of the bed Sean Payton wakes up on tomorrow.

I'ma push Payton to the floor

Peterson splitting carries will help too, but I need my crew to blow it up (Ingram's the last player I'm facing in 2 of my leagues)

PillarEN

This week is looking pretty good with me and my opponent each having a RB and DEF still to play. Obviously some players missed their projections while others surpassed them. Typical of every week. Only real disappointment was Kelvin Benjamin. 1 catch. Ouch. Scam promised he'd have a big year :( . Oh and I could have replaced Janikowski with his handcuff who was superb, but I'm not gonna beat myself up over that. Hopkins is a fine K choice to carry before dropping him for someone else when bye week comes around.

EDIT: Don't speak ill of Ingram. Pray he does well. That would seal the deal for me this week.

causan

Me and my wife are playing fantasy football for the first time ever with a league from he work. We had Wentz and Rams Defense on the bench this week =(

jfkgoblue

God fucking dammit, Johnson gonna miss a few weeks to half the season... this always fucking happens to my team. So who should I grab?

-SG

God fucking dammit, Johnson gonna miss a few weeks to half the season... this always fucking happens to my team. So who should I grab?

Is that confirmed? I think Kerwynn Williams is next up on the depth chart but I don't know a thing about him.

UberTag

Anyone else like how Yahoo! now posts lifetime win-loss records for anyone's fantasy profile in your league?
You can see who the sharks are at a glance no matter what league you happen to be in.
If they've got a .600 winning percentage or better and a bunch of trophies to their name spanning a huge chunk of games, they probably know what they're doing.

Bad week for me. Jamison Crowder, Cousins, Kelvin, and Leveon all did diddly squat. I am up 3. He's got Dez and I have Hunter Henry tomorrow night. I'll lose.

NYR

ok crap, Beckham's out, Brandon Marshall or Demaryius Thomas?
Thomas. Way higher ceiling, way more established and does well even with a garbage QB. WR2 on the Giants have a tendency of doing piss all and even with OBJ out, you have to give him a game to see what he can do.

PillarEN

Anyone else like how Yahoo! now posts lifetime win-loss records for anyone's fantasy profile in your league?
You can see who the sharks are at a glance no matter what league you happen to be in.
If they've got a .600 winning percentage or better and a bunch of trophies to their name spanning a huge chunk of games, they probably know what they're doing.

It's fine, but I think it takes into account my first year ever where the league was a joke and the commish (my friend who sucks in our current real league) decided to take all the players from another team when the person quit. Basically making that entire year a sham to pad his ego. But whatever.

UberTag

Bad week for me. Jamison Crowder, Cousins, Kelvin, and Leveon all did diddly squat. I am up 3. He's got Dez and I have Hunter Henry tomorrow night. I'll lose.
I've had bad vibes about the Redskins offense all off-season.

Bell will rebound.

Benjamin has plenty of talent but he hasn't really lived up to his potential since his rookie year so I'm not sure what the deal is with him and would be concerned given how strongly the Panthers leaned on the run today.

Thomas. Way higher ceiling, way more established and does well even with a garbage QB. WR2 on the Giants have a tendency of doing piss all and even with OBJ out, you have to give him a game to see what he can do.

ok thanks! whew, that's what i've already got going on, i just started getting greedy once i heard about OBJ
i mean, i started hunt on thurs so this is really just a formality anyway

PillarEN

Good lord, Week 1 was a massacre for injuries of early round peeps

True. Our current commish (not my idiot friend who I spoke about earlier) already has a team that I think is prime to finish at the bottom, but now he lost Robinson who may be done for the year.

UberTag

Had to pickup Thielen since ODB late decision to go on the IR.
Thielen should have already been grabbed in any league that knew what they were doing.
Dude's a bonafide talent.

Also, ODB is not on the IR. He's just inactive this week. You're going to spook some of his owners.

NYR

ok thanks! whew, that's what i've already got going on, i just started getting greedy once i heard about OBJ
i mean, i started hunt on thurs so this is really just a formality anyway
Looks like you made the right call, Marshall was poop in this game until the last few minutes when he finally touched the ball.

Jims

Eli was awful tonight (maybe I should've just played Rivers???) but Austin Hooper and the Ravens Defense bailed me out. Don't know what to really do with Hooper now. I speculated on him, just wanting a piece of that Atlanta offense. But everyone probably realizes his 2-look, 2-catch day was probably a fluke. Will probably just hold and hope to ride Atlanta's coattails. Tight end is kind of a mess, may be able to get away with it.

Jamison Crowder is going to be one of those bust this year, right?

Crowder is worrying but he might rebound. Cousins was a bit of a jittery mess in this game, constantly overthrowing people and being out of sync. But Cousins is so hot and cold sometimes, everything could just magically click for him next week. Problem is that Crowder was really mistake-prone in the game and Cousins didn't really look for him a lot.

They were really trying to feed Pryor the ball, though.

Tall4Life

Eli was awful tonight (maybe I should've just played Rivers???) but Austin Hooper and the Ravens Defense bailed me out. Don't know what to really do with Hooper now. I speculated on him, just wanting a piece of that Atlanta offense. But everyone probably realizes his 2-look, 2-catch day was probably a fluke. Will probably just hold and hope to ride Atlanta's coattails. Tight end is kind of a mess, may be able to get away with it.

Crowder is worrying but he might rebound. Cousins was a bit of a jittery mess in this game, constantly overthrowing people and being out of sync. But Cousins is so hot and cold sometimes, everything could just magically click for him next week. Problem is that Crowder was really mistake-prone in the game and Cousins didn't really look for him a lot.

They were really trying to feed Pryor the ball, though.

You could try using Hooper as trade bait. Tight ends are a fucking random luck of the draw

Jimmy Graham this week got like 0, Olsen got 1, Gronk got 3...

Besides Tarik, are there any guys expected on waivers that you guys would recommend to pick up?

- Definitely some panic over Alfred Morris right now, DMC owners bailing out
- Could take a shot at Allen Hurns or whomever is the annointed ARob replacement
- Andre Ellington

UberTag

Hurns was great back when Blake "Air it Out" Bortles was throwing it to him regularly.
I'm not sure how effective he'll be with Blake "Game Manager so I Can Keep My Fucking Job" Bortles throwing to him. Probably not very.

Drafted Jacksonville defense in one of my leagues and put them in two of my Fanduel lineups as well. Today was a good day
apart from losing power because of Hurricane Irma

UberTag

This is why investing a high draft pick in a Tight End is seldom a good idea.
It was worth springing on Gronk and Graham that one year they went cuckoo bananas. But that was the exception rather than the rule.
And, if you own Austin Hooper and can sell high on him to someone clueless, go for it.

Servbot24

Banned
Noob question: Am I able to drop and pick up players after the game tonight? I want to drop Lacy and pick up Cohen asap. And am I able to pick him up or do I have to wait for him on the waiver wire (not exactly sure what the waiver wire is, but I've got 9th priority)

According to yahoo I've been playing fantasy sports for 17 years now. I think i've played fantasy football each of those years. Last year was the first year I really didn't care about my team or really following along with each game to see how I was doing.

This year was going to be different. I drafted a pretty good team (on paper), had high hopes for my season. I got lit up by Kareem Hunt this week and my great team failed to perform. I get that the first week is always a bit of an anomaly, but yeah I think I'm done with this dumb game after this year.

Top Bottom