• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 will be released on November 18th (PS4, Xbox One, PC, 360, PS3)

Every single multiplat game this generation will be cross-Gen.

Also when next-Gen comes out it too will release cross Gen games for ps5, nextbox, PC, ps4, Xbox one, ps3, and 360. But not for Nintendo's consoles.

Far cry 3 was one of my favorite games until
they killed off vas and the story just slammed on the breaks and after you beat it there is just NOTHING to do
Very much looking forward to this

MormaPope

Banned
Damn 2014 from a game we haven't even known about till now? Crazy.

Cross Gen means unoptimized current gen though, so will prob run into that good ol' " resolution news " thing come October.

Nah, Ubisoft is going to Ubisoft. What was the last game from Ubisoft that ran well on all platforms? Rayman Legends and Child of Light are what I can think of.

Randdalf

That's a fast turn around for a open world game. Cautiously optimistic.

It's Ubisoft. Not just do they spend most of their time making them nowadays, they use the same design for every single one of them, replacing certain elements here and there. Plus they probably have the whole combined population of Canada working on this.

R_Deckard

fuck. i hope that doesnt mean 900p/782p for nextgen systems...

I think you dropped this../hands him 10p :)

10p_EI_rev_1980.jpg

Xater

Cross gen? Ewwww...

Also Red Storm is working on this? Remember when they just made great Clancy games? :(

bigkrev

If they are bothering to make it cross-gen, why not make a WiiU version? I thought Ubi was still making games for the system?

Rosur

Out of the blue!

Competing against AC: Unity? I thought they delayed Watch Dogs because they didn't want the same last year.

AC probably gonna be September then or early Oct...

Still surprised this is being shown now and not hidden for E3.

That's a fast turn around for a open world game. Cautiously optimistic.

Not really, it's been two years. Saints Row 2 came out two years after the first one and GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas released pretty soon after eachother. With the amount of people Ubisoft pile onto the development of their games, two years is plenty of time.

That boxart is giving me some Jojo vibes.

I really hope they make this as narratively dumb as possible because the last game took itself way too seriously.

antitrop

I'm pumped, I just hope the story is better this time. Vaas was the best thing FC3 had going for it and
they sold him short

Good to hear as this Fall/Winter should be full of great games

But cross-gen is a poor financial move and a pity for the next -gen versions

so shall it be released but not be bought by me

until something magical happens and they change the gameplay signifcantly

MormaPope

Banned
I wonder who complains about cross gen more? Current gen console owners that for some reason buried their last gen consoles in the backyard or PC owners? I get the feeling a lot of PC owners probably don't give a shit, but I could be wrong.

Avari

Almost definitely a day one purchase. Far Cry 3 was probably in my top ten favorite games from the last console generation.

jelly

Ubisoft game play isn't held back by last generation.

Please do something refreshing, even Blood Dragon was dull.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Ubisoft looking to have a killer FY15

May 27th Watch Dogs
Late October release for Assassin's Creed: Unity
November release for Far Cry 4
Fall 2014 The Crew

L1NETT

I'm pumped, I just hope the story is better this time. Vaas was the best thing FC3 had going for it and
they sold him short

He was only ever intended to be a sub villain but after Mando's performance and E3 showing they gave him a bigger role

They shouldn't have used as all their marketing and box art mind...but they may have been a reason it sold so well. People got real attached to that dude

This pink suit bloke looks suitably ridicilous

So glad they have moved away from the po faced boredom of FC2.

Top Bottom