• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 will be released on November 18th (PS4, Xbox One, PC, 360, PS3)

dex3108

UbiBlog post

http://blog.ubi.com/far-cry-4-release-date-kyrat/

FC4_KEYART_PACK-618x732.jpg

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
PRESS RELEASE
Today, Ubisoft announced Far Cry® 4, an open-world, first-person shooter that delivers the most expansive and immersive Far Cry experience ever. Far Cry® 4 will be available November 21 in the UK for PlayStation 4® computer entertainment system, PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system, Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC.

Development on Far Cry® 4 is being led by Ubisoft Montreal in collaboration with Ubisoft’s Red Storm Entertainment, Ubisoft Toronto, Ubisoft Shanghai, and Ubisoft Kiev.

In Far Cry® 4, players find themselves in Kyrat, a breathtaking, perilous and wild region of the Himalayas struggling under the regime of a despotic self-appointed king. Using a vast array of weapons, vehicles, and animals, players will write their own story across an exotic open-world landscape.

“Following the success of Far Cry 3, we wanted to take the franchise to the next level and create a game that will surprise players and exceed fans’ expectations,” said Dan Hay, Executive Producer. “Given the unique setting, we feel Far Cry® 4 will stand out as a top first-person shooter and we’re eager to reveal more about the game in the coming months.”

Customers who pre-order Far Cry® 4 will receive the Limited Edition which includes Hurk’s Redemption, a series of three action-packed single-player missions featuring the popular character Hurk from Far Cry 3’s DLC. The Limited Edition also includes Hurk’s signature harpoon gun called “The Impaler”. The pre-order is now available at all major retailers.

Fans can tune into Ubisoft’s Media Briefing at E3 for an exclusive first look at Far Cry® 4.

More information about Far Cry® 4 also can be found at: www.farcrygame.com.

Kssio_Aug

I wonder who complains about cross gen more? Current gen console owners that for some reason buried their last gen consoles in the backyard or PC owners? I get the feeling a lot of PC owners probably don't give a shit, but I could be wrong.

Nah, I still have my PS3. Its just that, after the new consoles arrive its time to use their horse power. I know it takes some time, like a year, for most of the developers move ahead, but such anticipated titles should aim for the best.

But I can understand their choice. Theyre aiming for as many consumers they can reach. Its just not quite as good for those who moved to "next-gen" (actually, present gen) already.

Edit:
So, I guess we can expect its gameplay on E3!
The good thing is... coming 2014. One more potential great game to the list!

I liked Far Cry 3, so I'm interested in this one. Just try to make a better protagonist, and story this time. The story in Far Cry 3 was great,
until Vaas died and it took a huge nosedive
. Gameplay was ok to me, but some of the skills acquired were really useless. Some better skills would be nice.

After those 2 problems, I'm all set on this hype train.

joeyjoejoe

Neo Member
More Info

FC4_KEYART_PACK-618x732.jpg

Announced today, Far Cry 4 will release this year on November 18 in the US and November 20 in EMEA territories. The game will be available on both generations of consoles – PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 – along with Windows PC.

Taking a sharp turn away from the lush island jungles of the top-rated Far Cry 3, Far Cry 4 is set in Kyrat, an untamed region currently ruled by a despotic self-appointed king. But don’t be lulled into a false sense of security by the achingly beautiful views; Kyrat is a wild land full of perils. Once again, players will be able to craft their own stories as they travel through this exotic open world teeming with wildlife – using their wits along with an assortment of powerful weapons and diverse vehicles.

“Following the success of Far Cry 3, we wanted to take the franchise to the next level and create a game that will surprise players and exceed fans’ expectations,” said Dan Hay, Executive Producer. “Given the unique setting, we feel Far Cry 4 will stand out as a top first-person shooter and we’re eager to reveal more about the game in the coming months.”

Development on Far Cry 4 is being led by Ubisoft Montreal in collaboration with Red Storm Entertainment, Ubisoft Toronto, Ubisoft Shanghai and Ubisoft Kiev.

For an exclusive first look at Far Cry 4, be sure to tune in to Ubisoft’s media briefing at E3.

FC4063_618x348_pressrelease.jpg

MONKEY AROUND WITH HURK

Seems like you can’t keep a crazy man down. The popular nutjob from Far Cry 3 returns in Far Cry 4 in a series of three single-player missions, available in the game’s Limited Edition. The great news: pre-order Far Cry 4 and you’ll receive a free upgrade to the Limited Edition, which not only includes the Hurk’s Redemption missions but also The Impaler – Hurk’s hefty harpoon gun. Pre-orders are available now through all major retailers.

http://blog.ubi.com/far-cry-4-release-date-kyrat/

Coolade

I understand ubisoft going cross gen. It's all about maximizing the profits. Not to mention this game has been in development for awhile. If there is a sequel to watchdogs, it might be next gen only. We already see them creating two AC games, Unity for Next gen only and whatever else they are doing for old gen. Not sure if that same method will apply to far cry and watchdogs in the future though.

TeddyBoy

Really enjoyed Far Cry 3 so I'll definitely pick this up at Christmas, I hope they add more animal hunting this time around though, I need more upgrades!

"A new step toward the revolution of the shooter genre"

PLEASE do not be mingle-player. Have true offline SP, and also seperate MP or Co-oP

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Ubisoft Press Release:

Development on Far Cry 4 is being led by Ubisoft Montreal in collaboration with Red Storm Entertainment, Ubisoft Toronto, Ubisoft Shanghai and Ubisoft Kiev.

For an exclusive first look at Far Cry 4, be sure to tune in to Ubisoft’s media briefing at E3.

Cross-gen? Oh fuck.

Oh well. Hopefully it looks like FC3 on max settings on PC at 1080p and this time, at a playable framerate on consoles.

Cross gen? Ewwww...

Also Red Storm is working on this? Remember when they just made great Clancy games? :(

Red Storm was so great ):

-BLITZ-

I didn't expect this. I always thought at FarCry4 "news" to still be rumours. E3 is very close, although I was expecting to see something at the opening, not before the event starts.

Wonder if that is actually Vaas ;D. Aww, no Vaas :(

Megatron

Every single multiplat game this generation will be cross-Gen.

Also when next-Gen comes out it too will release cross Gen games for ps5, nextbox, PC, ps4, Xbox one, ps3, and 360. But not for Nintendo's consoles.
batman and the witcher aren't. I think by next year we won't he seeing this any longer, apart from delayed titles.

Far Cry 3 boxart was stupid but hilarious.

Something about this misses the mark I think.

Also, if this is in the Himilayas I have a horrible feeling that moving aroun on foot will involve continuously jumping at steep inclines until you get slightly further up, then repeating the process.

Top Bottom