• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 will be released on November 18th (PS4, Xbox One, PC, 360, PS3)

The eurovision song contest cover aside, evil king = Hoyt, probably has outposts everywhere and a little rebellion fighting against him....

I hope that is not the final game because that sounds like a Far Cry 3 mod.

Elios83

Really looking forward to this after FC3 but I'm disappointed with PS3/360 still getting the game.
They should have treated this like AC:Unity.
But who knows....maybe the old gen versions will be shitty downgraded mess anyway.

dsvoid

Neo Member
You'd think they already ran "unrealistic power fantasy with a crazy bad guy on the cover" into the ground with Far Cry 3.

I want something more like Far Cry 2 for an installment in the series, and maybe even more depressing and desolate, but I guess "market forces" will dictate otherwise, and I can expect Far Cry 4 to be as unimpressive as 3. I am not excited.

ZeroGravity

I can't believe people in this thread are so obtuse as to not realize why this is crossgen.

Maybe once the newer systems stop being a wasteland of no games, third parties will start making games specifically for them. But there's very little reason to buy a PS4 or Xbone right now, and thus very little reason not to keep supporting the systems most people are still playing on.

I came for the cover.

I am not disappointed.

A little iffy on the franchise for some reason, but my interest is piqued. Though I'm a bit surprised that this was announced now and not at E3. If not even a trailer is shown, and presumably that will be at E3, they may as well have waited.

jaosobno

This cross gen crap seriously has to stop. People on last gen will probably get even worse experience than FC3 (framerate wise) and present gen buyers will be stuck with some half-assed last gen port (I'm looking at you, Watch Dogs).

I was happier hearing that Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel isn't coming to next gen at all than hearing FC4 is cross gen.

Tobor

Cross gen doesn't faze me. Give me AC4 on PS4 quality and I'm happy.

Besides, Far Cry 3 looked great on my PC.

Majanew

Banned
Cross-gen is a bummer, but I can't wait to see it running on PS4. Far Cry 3's frame-rate (on 360/PS3) was so bad it gave me eye fatigue and I had to stop playing. First time that's ever happened.

-PXG-

As much as we want, pure, uncompromised thoroughbred next gen games, it would be stupid for companies to abandon the PS3 and 360 this soon. Their install bases are far too large to ignore.

Give it a year or two. It's a matter of time

Sajjaja

Is that the cover? On one hand I like the bad guys look, on the other hand it's a picture of a white guy exerting power and control over a dirty brown guy. There better be a damn good reason for that.

lol first thing that came to my mind too.

I've heard you like collectors edition of Watch Dogs...
0_8f530_78fc7594_orig.jpg

Majanew

Banned
As much as we want, pure, uncompromised thoroughbred next gen games, it would stupid for companies to abandon the PS3 and 360 this soon. Their install bases are far too large to ignore.

Many 360/PS3 games can be pointed to, to show them bombing with that 160+ million userbase. Devs wanted next-gen to start, they need to leave those old, weak systems behind.

marcincz

Yes, yes, yes, yeees! Day1.
Far Cry 3 is one of my favorite games previous generation. I hope new bad boy will be even better than Vaas.

I'm not comfortable with all these pre-order deals being brought up in tandem with the game's announcement and less than a month before an actual trailer comes out.

Barakov

Nice. I'm down for this. Hopefully, this one doesn't have a chatty protagonist. Jason Brody and his friends nearly ruined FC3 for me.

As much as we want, pure, uncompromised thoroughbred next gen games, it would be stupid for companies to abandon the PS3 and 360 this soon. Their install bases are far too large to ignore.

I wouldnt even say a year or two, I expect much longer at the rate its going now. Companies keep talking about the install base being too large to ignore, but then they give no incentive for people to buy next gen. Most people have no reason to get a next gen console when they can just play everything on what they already have. These companies reasoning make no damn sense to me. 3rd parties arent doing jack shit to increase it, unless A LOT of people really care about Unity and Arkham Knight...we wont see that install base grow for a long time. Seems like Exclusives will be the only reason to upgrade

Badgerst3

Becoming the new Ass Creed in terms of yearly-biyearly releases.

Not a bad thing if quality stays high. I liked the last Far Cry and loved Black Flag!

jooso

Can't wait for 900p 30 fps cross-gen goodness. First info we get on the game is that pre-ordering gets you launch day dlc. Oh boy.

EL CUCO

Cross-gen is a bummer, but I can't wait to see it running on PS4. Far Cry 3's frame-rate (on 360/PS3) was so bad it gave me eye fatigue and I had to stop playing. First time that's ever happened.

And the screen tearing was disturbing. One of my most enjoyed games of 2012, but man it had its issues.

Nuke Soda

I expected it to be announced this year, but not actually come out. Here's hoping we don't get a Watch Dogs delay a week or two before it hits.

kiguel182

Well, Ubisoft like money so its probably something to do with that.

I don't really see all the fuss to be honest, can't wait to get it.

Yeah but last-gen versions are selling less and less with each new release so maybe trying to make a better/bigger game with be a better gamble for them since it could start next-gen Far Cry with a big bang and leave tons of great momentum.

Of course since they want to make more regular releases maybe next year they'll be do a full blown next-gen game.

I was lukewarm on FC3. I played a little of the story but had more fun just exploring the map and causing havoc. Problem was the the story itself restricted how much access I had to the game's mechanics. Hopefully FC4 rectifies that and gives you the whole experience cart blanche.

mrpeabody

Difficulty's gonna be ramped up then. After all, it ain't easy being brown.

Imagine if instead of looking at the floor, he had his eyes right into the camera. Stone cold expression, like "This asshole thinks he's got me, but if he turns his back for one second I will gut him." Would add a lot of tension.

The eurovision song contest cover aside, evil king = Hoyt, probably has outposts everywhere and a little rebellion fighting against him....

I hope that is not the final game because that sounds like a Far Cry 3 mod.

I wouldn't mind this if the game would start and end like that

starting the game with Vaas' awesomeness and then
killing him off halfway through the game and replacing him with a Scarface wannabe
was stupid.

clockpunk

Excellent news, all round. Loved FarCry 3, and no need to push up my purchase of a new console.

Even if it just the exact same gameplay in a new environment, I'd be happy!

Zoned

Actively hates charity
I loved Far Cry 3, but am a bit dissapointed that this is basically going to be Far Cry 3-2 instead of true next-gen Far Cry. There is SO much potential to revolutionize this franchise just by adding more raw console power, yet they decide to make it a cross-gen game. What a crying shame.

On the upside, the game will probably be 1080p/60fps on the PS4. And Far Cry 3 looked amazing that way on PC. So there's that.

Anyway, still hyped, but not as hyped as I wanted to be.

No way this game will be 60FPS on consoles.

Top Bottom