• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 will be released on November 18th (PS4, Xbox One, PC, 360, PS3)

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Is that the cover? On one hand I like the bad guys look, on the other hand it's a picture of a white guy exerting power and control over a dirty brown guy. There better be a damn good reason for that.

Jesus H. Christ tell me this is a joke post.

Caayn

Just like that out of nothing, Far Cry 4. Interesting villain, skipped FC3 so I'll probably check this one out.

Cross-gen :(

iNvid02

Who the fuck is hurk?

the guy on the boat in far cry 3

farcry3d3d112012120421yypd.png

Denton

Such a shame about cross gen :( :(

But otherwise it could be amazing, the setting sound great, art is great, and FC3 was a very fun game despite its flaws. If they make GUI much better and eliminate some of the usual Ubi bullshit (collectibles everywhere, repetitive sidequests), it could be my shooter of the year.

Dunkers92

Yes!! Absolutely loved Far Cry 3 so I will be there day 1. Love the box art also

This Autumn/Winter is seriously stacked with games I have a lot of interest in. Was kind of hoping Far Cry would be next year. Going to be a seriously expensive few months. Sorry wallet

Wouldn't be surprised actually to see one or two games move to early next year to avoid the overcrowding

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
there has to be a slow-mo section where you're mowing down guys with "With Every Heartbeat" playing in the background
Day one.

Don't Fucking Tell Me What To Do seems appropriate in a less ironic way, too.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Not falling for a Far Cry game again. They're visually impressive and the gunplay is really solid but everything else about them is shallow and underdeveloped. They really need to get over the Ubisoft open world tropes to win me back

King_Moc

Banned
Why? There is a white man, shiny and clean, with his hand on the head of a brown guy that is visibly less clean. There's an obvious racial power dynamic there, how can you not see it?

Edit: Oh and the white guy is sitting on a throne.

I'm sure there was hatred in their heart when they designed it.

MXRider

There are so many big announcements coming before E3! All these announcements will either deflate E3 by taking more news away from it or allow more hype for more room for more announced things!

Eeeeeeew cross gen, that means last gen assets, textures, physics, limited geometry just with a prettier looking next gen version, pfff. Not day 1 for me, although box art is nice.

rbanke

I'm torn. Crossgen, time between 3 & 4, even that box art all feel like a half step/stopgap game. I really like the series, just hope its good. Also hope the game is more like Far Cry2, Less like Far Creed. The homogenization of the Ubi open world games continues to concern me.

Seanspeed

Banned
Far Cry 3 was fun, but disappointing in many ways after FC2.

I need to know a bit more about it, and specifically if they've taken any of the criticisms of FC3 onboard for this, before I get too excited.

Though I am a sucker for an interesting atmosphere, so if the world is really great looking, I may get grabbed anyway.

Zornack

Why? There is a white man, shiny and clean, with his hand on the head of a brown guy that is visibly less clean. There's an obvious racial power dynamic there, how can you not see it?

Edit: Oh and the white guy is sitting on a throne.

He's a villain...

Avari

Oh no, I can smell a new meme brewing, and I don't like it.

Pretty much. If people continually pass on purchasing games on the new consoles when there are cross gen games it will simply mean more cross gen games. If they don;t move units on the new hardware they are not going to drop support for the old hardware given the install base.

Raven77

Anyone thinking this won't be limited by old-gen will be sorely disappointed. They will just add graphical effects to the game not possible on the old gen.

The models will be roughly the same polygon count, textures will be slightly better, all of the in game world geometry and structure will be roughly the same.

This trend needs to stop.

Top Bottom