• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 will be released on November 18th (PS4, Xbox One, PC, 360, PS3)

Skidd

So the villain is Saul Goodman from Breaking Bad, only a different haircut? Please tell me I'm not the only one seeing it.

Taker34

Banned
Cross gen isn't really bad if it's Far Cry... FC3 didn't look bad on PC at all. Just like Battlefield or Crysis titles.

Dennis

Banned
I really hope the environments won't be too repetitive.

That seems harder to ensure with a Himalayan-type place.

Wat

I certainly hope that's the case.

It's a waste of time to create PS360 versions, though. FC3 was one of the worst performing console games we've seen in the last decade. Just an awful frame-rate.

Such bullshit. I played through on 360 and it looked and ran amazingly well. Gaf gonna Gaf...

Going in on PS4 for round 4 :)

Bwahahaha! I absolutely love the art!
ib1F7RsldA53PJ.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Looks like they go for another psycho type of character like Vaas.

Scum

Antagonist will be an eccentric millionaire with a quirky campy personality laden with unprovoked violent cray cray streaks hunting for a mythological lost treasure based on ancient cartography and engraved runestones handed down through the family / came to him in a drug induced fever that nobody believes is real but in the end is VERY real and VERY cursed and then you play you fight Uncharted zombie nazis and wonder what the fuck happened.
Eat, pls. Spoilers. :<

I still find it odd that people get confused at why they'd (or any dev would) do cross-gen. There's so much money to be had and so many more consoles out there from last gen, it'd almost be dumb not to do cross gen for big titles.
I think everyone understands why they're doing cross gen. It's just annoying to see games held back by platforms that are almost a decade old.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
The one thing I have loved about every FarCry is the setting and atmosphere. They are always so sunny, bright and tropical. It's a major reason why I play them.

Not sure what to expect from the Himalayas

gruenel

Antagonist will be an eccentric millionaire with a quirky campy personality laden with unprovoked violent cray cray streaks hunting for a mythological lost treasure based on ancient cartography and engraved runestones handed down through the family / came to him in a drug induced fever that nobody believes is real but in the end is VERY real and VERY cursed and then you play you fight Uncharted zombie nazis and wonder what the fuck happened.

Yeah I thought the same.

legacyzero

Banned
GIMME GIMME GIMME

Fucking cross-gen, though :(

As long as the Map Editor makes a return, and the multiplayer lobby system doesn't cripple it, consider two copies bought

Theecliff

Banned
What a weird way to announce a game. Had mixed thoughts about Far Cry 3 but I'm definitely interested in the setting for this.

However, another cross-gen game? C'mon Ubi. Cut it out.

Such bullshit. I played through on 360 and it looked and ran amazingly well. Gaf gonna Gaf...

Ran amazingly well, really? Played through the PS3 version here and I can't recall it even hitting 30fps. Had loads of framerate drops as well as audio problems, too. I wouldn't be quite as hyperbolic as the other poster, but yeah, Far Cry 3 sticks out in my mind as a particularly poor running game on the PS3.

TalonJH

Sorry but I have to agree at lest partially with the other guys. FC3 made me realize that I couldn't wait for a new generation of consoles. One of those games that looked and played like it was bumping up against technical limitation walls. I sadly never finished it. May look for it on PC. Going PS4 for FC4.

i can't wait for the part where you get magical himalayan rune magic and then you have to qte fight a yeti and you mash some buttons on the yeti and if you fail then it keeps awkwardly transitioning into a death animation where the yeti kills you but if you win then the yeti gives you a yeti heart that lets you use Third World Magicks and you can do sick triple kills and also fill a bar
I know you guys are trying to be funny but none of this sounds bad to me. =P

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I loved FC3, but this is too soon. This is blatantly going to be the same game in a different location, isn't it?

Yeah, i can totally see this being Far Cry 3.5

Let's see what they show at the Ubi press conference, my guess is a trailer followed by gameplay demonstration.

Duxxy3

UBIsoft still latching onto PS3/360.

Didn't they say they wanted to cut the cost of development? Here's an idea, stop developing for past gen... especially when the games will play like crap.

Is that the cover? On one hand I like the bad guys look, on the other hand it's a picture of a white guy exerting power and control over a dirty brown guy. There better be a damn good reason for that.

Top Bottom