• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnny Curtis is so great.

WWE should give him a lot more freedom.

tumblr_mlj1onH3J41qzx229o1_250.gif

JohnnyCurtisSpilledMilk.gif

johnny-curtis-sausages-o.gif

It'd get weird.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Steiners need to be in the WWE HoF just so I can get a documentary about them. Rick can do the speech since he's like a dad and respected member of the community now. And Scott can just throw in a HUH in the background.

I don't really remember much of The Steiner's WWE run, I think I read something about them going against the spirit of the Royal Rumble and refusing to fight each other so were fired? Would this make them one of the first Primarily WCW acts to get into the Hall of Fame?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't really remember much of The Steiner's WWE run, I think I read something about them going against the spirit of the Royal Rumble and refusing to fight each other so were fired? Would this make them one of the first Primarily WCW acts to get into the Hall of Fame?

Razor had a decent WWF career but no way did it compare to his WCW career.

And obviously NWO is going to come into the HoF soon thus why he was inducted as Razor and not Scott. I wouldn't be surprised by the rumble thing. Road Warriors also had a thing backstage where they wanted them to wrestle each other, and they were like 'are you fucking stupid? i'm not wrestling hawk, and he's not wrestling me.' You know, back when people took tag teams seriously.
I love the concept of the shirt but damn it, I need more striations and cuts if I am going to have a topless man on my shirt.

And people think WWE is interested in this flabby goober.

Razor had a decent WWF career but no way did it compare to his WCW career.

And obviously NWO is going to come into the HoF soon thus why he was inducted as Razor and not Scott. I wouldn't be surprised by the rumble thing. Road Warriors also had a thing backstage where they wanted them to wrestle each other, and they were like 'are you fucking stupid? i'm not wrestling hawk, and he's not wrestling me.' You know, back when people took tag teams seriously.

I'm surprised they haven't ever used the Tag Team thing for an epic Final Two moment. They help each other throughout the Rumble and then suddenly they realise they're the Final Two leading to a crazy brawl between them. Yet, they'd need to have an over tag team to do this, and one where the two members have never really fought each other.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Razor could go in completely ignoring the WCW pretty easily.

He's the first three time IC champion and was in one of the greatest matches of all time. First person to beat Bob Backlund on tv as well.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Razor could go in completely ignoring the WCW pretty easily.

He's the first three time IC champion and was in one of the greatest matches of all time. First person to beat Bob Backlund on tv as well.

*From one of the lowest drawing periods in WWF history.

I'm surprised they haven't ever used the Tag Team thing for an epic Final Two moment. They help each other throughout the Rumble and then suddenly they realise they're the Final Two leading to a crazy brawl between them. Yet, they'd need to have an over tag team to do this, and one where the two members have never really fought each other.

Delete this post before (our) Vince can see this

They'd also have to have a tag team with two potential main eventers to make it believable. No one is gonna go crazy over Konnor and Viktor fighting each other as the final 2

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You're giving WWE way too much credence with their tag team division. Even the Hardyz/Dudleys/E&C era of tag teams was booked nowhere near what WCW 90s and NWA 80s stuff where a member of the top tier tag tea could have a legit shot at world champions or former world champions.

You're giving WWE way too much credence with their tag team division. Even the Hardyz/Dudleys/E&C era of tag teams was booked nowhere near what WCW 90s and NWA 80s stuff where a member of the top tier tag tea could have a legit shot at world champions or former world champions.

I think at the height of their popularity they could've given Jeff and maybe Bubba a shot and it would've gotten over

I'm not sure, really those 3 teams you've mentioned weren't too far away from the Main Event. Yet, I do see the issue with my idea in that there's never really been a super over Tag Team ready to break away on a solo run. The suggestion of The Shield would have been interesting too, but I like the way they did it with Seth Rollins.

EDIT: Also The New Age Outlaws were over as hell in the late 90s and it might have been an interesting way to set 'Mr. Ass' on his way, but the trouble being there were a ton of better guys who were popular too during that time.

They'd also have to have a tag team with two potential main eventers to make it believable. No one is gonna go crazy over Konnor and Viktor fighting each other as the final 2

Well, I did say over as in popular, not over as in 'finished on the Main roster...'

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm not sure, really those 3 teams you've mentioned weren't too far away from the Main Event. Yet, I do see the issue with my idea in that there's never really been a super over Tag Team ready to break away on a solo run. The suggestion of The Shield would have been interesting too, but I like the way they did it with Seth Rollins.

See, here's the mentality problem that a lot of viewers have. And you've got it just in your post. 'Ready to break away on a solo run.' That IS the issue. That people think a solo run should be somehow more important than a major tag team. If Hawk beat Flair for the heavyweight title, he would have still been tagging with the tag team championship. If Scott beat Sting for the heavyweight title, he would have still been tagging with the tag team championship.

As a major tag team draw, they're never supposed to win the main title, but they're supposed to be a reasonable challenge because they're the top of the pack in tag team wrestling. So now this idea has been ruined because now anytime someone sees a tag team guy vying for the heavyweight title, they know the result based on if they think this guy is going to get a solo push or not. Not just a 'I am the best tag team wrestler, now I am going to challenge for a singles title while still representing my team' like it was in the past.

Well Bulldog won the European title while being a tag champ with Owen and they had a feud before the Canadian Hero Bret Hart came out and told them to knock that shit off.

See, here's the mentality problem that a lot of viewers have. And you've got it just in your post. 'Ready to break away on a solo run.' That IS the issue. That people think a solo run should be somehow more important than a major tag team. If Hawk beat Flair for the heavyweight title, he would have still been tagging with the tag team championship. If Scott beat Sting for the heavyweight title, he would have still been tagging with the tag team championship.

As a major tag team draw, they're never supposed to win the main title, but they're supposed to be a reasonable challenge because they're the top of the pack in tag team wrestling. So now this idea has been ruined because now anytime someone sees a tag team guy vying for the heavyweight title, they know the result based on if they think this guy is going to get a solo push or not. Not just a 'I am the best tag team wrestler, now I am going to challenge for a singles title while still representing my team' like it was in the past.

Yeah, I see what you're saying and I didn't really expand on my thoughts of it being when they're ready to split a team (rather than the the usual betrayal during a normal match/angle).

So, as an example, if they were ever thinking of splitting up The Road Warriors do it during the Royal Rumble. Not as a #13 elimination of betrayal leading to a few backstage skits of arguments and break up, but as a Final Two moment where the pair bray each other for the chance to go to Wrestlemania to face the champion.

Then over the weeks have Hawk explain how he's ready, and Animal wish him luck or whatever. Then you can either have them stay as friends or the 'betrayal' angle can play out again with Animal attacking Hawk or whatever. Perhaps it is a bad idea haha

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What I'm saying is that Rockers ruined tag team wrestling forever. In a different way than the Bucks are currently ruining tag team wrestling forever.

There's always a betrayal!

I can't think of any popular tag teams that amicably split up and went there separate ways while remaining friends and supporting each others' endeavors.

Alucard

Banned
If only The E was as passionate and agressive about their product as they are about this Punk lawsuit.

"We're going to make Daniel Bryan act like a dick to make him unlikable. That way, people will like Reigns MORE."

This may have worked if Reigns also wasn't scripted like a dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom