• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFX HD... still coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup! Spent a lot of time on getting all stats 255 (except one) and fighting the Dark Aeons & Penance. Can't wait to spend another 200 hours when this HD version comes out!

237:48 on my last count. An 8 year old save file that still exists to this day. Seriously, how many other FFs gave you this playtime?

F'ing Penance took me many tries to kill, I got so fed up of dying that on one attempt, I actually decided to blow all my 3.2 million gil to Youjimbo to see what would happen.

It fucking died, lol. Yojimbo did his Zanmato instant kill technique and the bugger died just like that lol. My cousins who're watching were stunned, I wouldn't have believed it myself if I was the only one playing at the time; they expected it to fail and were ready to jeer at me, but after that they're like, quick switch off the PS2! lol.

I still remember that gaming moment to this day lol.

*remembers having to farm Wings to Discovery for break HP limit and Dark Matter from Arena Mobs to get Ribbon ability*

Also, the Arena was sick, the massive mob collect-a-thon was really useful in getting said items.

But GILGAMESH isn't in it. So it automatically sucks.

Kidding

I was quite surprised by the lack of Gilgy in this one, to be frank with ya mate. Fortunately they rectified that in the next installments.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I was quite surprised by the lack of Gilgy in this one, to be frank with ya mate. Fortunately they rectified that in the next installments.

If it makes you feel any better he supposedly visits the Zanarkand Ruins and picks up a Muramasa sword. ;)

XIII-2 Ultimania confirms it.

Pyrrhus

This was the last FF I really got into, so I'm looking forward to playing it again. I'm not clear on this. Is the model shown in the screen shots in the OP a new one, or are they just using the higher quality cutscene models in a battle scene. That's the other thing, people seem to be comparing a battle scene with the graphics from a walk about mode area. The battle scenes are always more detailed.

Exentryk

237:48 on my last count.

*remembers having to farm Wings to Discovery for break HP limit and Dark Matter from Arena Mobs to get Ribbon ability*

Also, the Arena was sick, the massive mob collect-a-thon was really useful in getting said items.

Yeah! My most vivid memories are fighting that Iron Giant and Flan enemies to get sphere. Man that was time consuming.

My first Penance fight included a few deaths too, but Quick Hit eventually won over, once I'd worked out his attacks. Judgement Day is still one of the most coolest looking attacks ever!

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Good to know, this remake (hopefully FFX-II gets ported soon too, so we can play the complete story with updated visuals) and FFXI are two titles I rally wanted to get on PS Vita.

Cels

yuna-high-poly-low-poly.jpg

what is this picture supposed to show? on left is the gameplay model and the right shows the special cutscene model, i get that, but are these improved from PS2? can't tell.

RPGCrazied

Can't wait. I'm glad the PS3 is still out there. That is what I'm getting. Can you just imagine some of the trophies in this game? I hope nothing to do with the sigils. Wakka and Lulu's were a pain in the ass to get.

Bullza2o

I've never played FFX before. Well I have but only once at a friend's house. When [if] it releases for the Vita I will surely get it.

The Jason

FFX is one of my favorite games of all time. So I am looking forward to this. But it really should be bundled with an HD version of FFX-2 as well. FFX-2 had an even better battle system and slightly better graphics.

The new model is definitely better than the low-poly version of the PS2 game, but it's hard to tell if it's the same as the high-poly on the right, or worse or better. That youtube video could've been of better quality. Also, new Yuna was missing some ornaments, such as her earing and other stuff on her robe. I hope this is because the game is not finished.

edit: on closer look, I think the new model is better-looking than the old high-poly model. The eyes feel more "alive", and the rest of the face looks polished. They better show some high quality direct feed footage at E3.

faridmon

That video is pretty embarrassing, is that everything they can show after so many time?

Square Enix incompetence never ceases to amaze me.

On top of it they chose the wrong Final Fantasy, they should have remade Final Fantasy XII. It would have been amazing to play it on PS Vita.

I like the cut of your jib, sir.

It will get announced after FF X HD releases. BELIEVE!

Cheddahz

Banned
I wish they would release this on the Xbox 360, I mean hey, more people would be able to play it and Square Enix would make more money.....and I would be able to play it

dan2026

I hope we get the option of the Japanese audio.

If I have to listen to that dub again my ears might bleed.

Yuna's battle model still has that empty look, like she had no brain, or something.

Its funny you should mention that as I was having the same thought.

She looks like some sort of creepy soulless doll.

Shadow780

This one was pretty easy for me, just a bit tiring since it takes around 30-40 mins iirc. I found a spot where when running back and forth, the lightning would always strike twice. Rinse and repeat

I can't do it again, I know that spot but just get anxious whenever I was near 200 and choke :(

Emitan

Prequel to the Game of the generation.

When it releases i shall buy many copies to support Kween Yuna

im not kidding

Bless you, gurlfriend. I started a new playthrough of FFX last night (my first since it released) and this looks soooo much better. I can't wait to have this on my Vita.

So they can not even create a real trailer for the game, but instead present an almost tech-demo-ish sequence that shows us that they are indeed only doing the bare minimum for this port. Uh, thanks?
Looks like it'll take them a couple more years to get this game out.

Hobbun

Of course I will appreciate any upgrade in graphics, but it is not as important for me as it is for others. What will make or break a purchase for me is if they make it the international version.

No international version, no buy.

vareon

I still think a video zooming in to Yuna with EXTREME close-up is a really bad idea of showing "yes, it's still in development, please wait for it." I mean I think the game will look very good, but that...

Meier

I loved FFX personally.. actually played through it 3 times and spent a TON of time on blitzball over multiple playthroughs (at least 40-50 hours total). I wish this game would hurry up and come out! I'll definitely re-buy.

Elios83

I guess that the game will be released at the end of the year and they're waiting after KH HD is out to release more material about it.
But honestly I expected better from the new characters, on a pure technical level they look in between the low poly and high poly models of the original game (I guess that in the HD remake we'll have a single model used in every situation). Artistically speaking Yuna looks totally weird, she looks like a 40 years old woman with bad makeup in the close-up picture LOL.

Edit: No, I've just watched a few pics more closely and the new Yuna model has a much more natural look for things like the dress and hair even compared to the original high poly one. It's just the face which looks bad :D

I loved FFX personally.. actually played through it 3 times and spent a TON of time on blitzball over multiple playthroughs (at least 40-50 hours total). I wish this game would hurry up and come out! I'll definitely re-buy.

Jecht Shot and Sphere Shot for the win baby!

That's how I won the Crystal Cup during my playthrough even when your team was supposed to lose to the smug ass Luca Goers. Tidus learning the Jecht Shot on the boat ride to the tournament was the important part of the game up to that point.

Also, it's pretty much mandatory if you want to get Wakka's best overdrive (Attack Reels) in the whole game to master blitzball.

Good times, good times.

h3ro

Just hook it to my veins.

Wish this was coming out sooner, the time I've spent with Ni No Kuni has me hankering for more grinding goodness.

HORNLESS HORNLESS.

Caelestis

I hope they won't take forever to release this. I played the original one back in a day for 3 days straight, finished it and never touched it again. Would love to revisit that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom