• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First ever DriveClub direct feed racing footage (GamesCom)

The sense of speed is what's impressing with the footage.

I just wish it had burnout paradise levels of damage. Is there even roll over in this?

Hollow

That sunset sold me this game.
The lighting is gorgeous.

Does anyone know it we will get full night time racing?

androvsky

Looks like they sped up the time of day a lot, one more lap and it would've been nighttime most likely, lol. There's a part near the end of the video where you can see the shadows jump position pretty far. Not really complaining, since it's not open world it makes sense to speed that up a bit.

ae3sdh.gif

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Even with the crap compression this is probably one of the best sunsets I've seen in a game. Well done evolution.

PG2G

As great as this game looks, the difference between 30fps and 60fps racers is just so damn obvious.

What is the deal with the huge UI elements at the bottom of the screen with the faces on them? They need to move that crap out of the way

Ricky_R

Something that I'm liking is the sense of speed, specially in the non-cockpit view. Normally cars feel slow in that view, but here it looks like it feels fast. Need a hands-on first of course.

GodofWine

Anybody else notice a little bit of motorstorm in here, namely the hanging banner and some of the 'scaffold tunnel things(?)', flags too...evolution has a unique roadside fabric style.

Game looks great...this...KZ...BF...Dont Starve...Blacklight Retribution..War Thunder...That space ninja game that I play on my laptop that I cant remember its name (lol)...day one games.

cmon November.

(and octodad coming soon!!) :p

velociraptor

The lightning looks great although it would be nice if they could clean up the IQ inside the cockpit. The shadows look a bit rough.

LCfiner

lighting looks great. I hope there’ll be some longer races with doe sped up time like in GT5.

Only thing that sticks out to me has been mentioned before and it’s the super sharp edged shadows. they need to be much softer at the edges and it’ll look way more realistic. other than that it’s very impressive visually.

DC image below captured from Blim's vid, as the car is leaving the tunnel.

Because the light is so bright outside compared to inside the car, there's a reflection in the window. And you can see it's reflecting what seems to be above the car. I don't know if this is realtime or some still image trickery? need the developers to talk about the tech!!

DC_window_reflection.jpg

I was talking about Forza (and other games) implementation. DC isn't using that.

I was talking about Forza (and other games) implementation. DC isn't using that.

Sorry, I wanted to write DC had found a different solution for window reflection (not flipping onscreen image), it is shown more on the new Vanquish video.

I'm hoping they've found a different solution for the bonnet, on bonnet cam too.

JoeFenix

Surprised to see frame tearing in these videos, I seriously thought that with this amount of RAM that every game would be triple buffered.

I absolutely despise frame tearing, it gives me headaches and looks like complete ass.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Surprised to see frame tearing in these videos, I seriously thought that with this amount of RAM that every game would be triple buffered.

I absolutely despise frame tearing, it gives me headaches and looks like complete ass.
That's one of the last things fixed in game development, actually.

Sturm

Banned
I'm not really blown away. I think Forza looks better. It's still nice, but I wouldn't say it's really 'next-gen'..

RoKKeR

I'm not really blown away. I think Forza looks better. It's still nice, but I wouldn't say it's really 'next-gen'..

Have to agree with this, honestly. I think the reaction is a little bit overblown but I'm not exactly surprised by that
considering it's a PS4 game.

Dynamic lighting is fantastic, and environmental detail is great, but it really isn't doing a lot aside from those things to impress me, especially given that it's 30fps.

Raymo

Have to agree with this, honestly. I think the reaction is a little bit overblown but I'm not exactly surprised by that

Dynamic lighting is fantastic, and environmental detail is great, but it really isn't doing a lot aside from those things to impress me, especially given that it's 30fps.

Ran rp

I posted this in the Killzone thread but people keep linking it here, which makes sense lol

5Cj7.gif

3El1.gif

Drive Club on top, Forza 5 below.

Lol; come on now.

RoKKeR

PSY・S;78088269 said:
I posted this in the Killzone thread but people keep linking it here, which makes sense lol

5Cj7.gif

3El1.gif

Drive Club on top, Forza 5 below.

Yep, those broken links/.gifs are really doing a lot to sell me on the game.

Tried it on Chrome and Safari and they're broken.

Sturm

Banned
LOL, just what would you say it is then if not really 'next gen'??

Current- or in between gen.

The racing genre is still very hard to improve I think, but some can be in the public audience with their cheering, acting individuelly rather than standing still as a group, like some puppets. Tracks should being more lively. Planes flying over, that kind of stuff. It's just that it's not really adding to the gameplay and at high speeds you probably don't even notice it, so I get that it doesn't has high priority.

Top Bottom