• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Soma Bringer [DS] trailer.

DMPrince said:
Im calling it. this game will get mixed reactions. more like get it away [when the game comes out]

That seems to be pretty common with Monolith's games.
I've personally loved them.

Looks phenomenal, for the most part. However, the environments look completely empty with nothing more than a different texture on the floor.

JoeFenix

Music is reallly good!

Gameplay looks like it has potential, not really digging the character art though.

Keeping an eye on it.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Hmmm very interesting! Hopefully the trailer is an indication that they only zoom in super close to show the horribly pixelated ground rarely.

I wish for once a company would animate those cutout sprites during dialogue. I'd rather the small normal versions of the characters animate on screen with voice bubbles than the big static cutouts. Those always bug me.

OliveJuice said:
I wonder how much it will help, sales wise, now that Monolith is under Nintendo.

With the Nintendo name and marketing behind them, it should see good success (as long as the game isn't crap).

The video keeps staggering then reseting itself to the beginning before it finishes. something is wrong with the video content itself.

Good art.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
AceBandage said:
With the Nintendo name and marketing behind them, it should see good success (as long as the game isn't crap).
hahahahahahhaha

the game is 2 weeks away and this the first trailer we get, such amazing marketing! the official homepage is so barren, pretty damn sad.

Error said:
hahahahahahhaha

the game is 2 weeks away and this the first trailer we get, such amazing marketing! the official homepage is so barren, pretty damn sad.

It comes out that soon?
Damn...
Oh well, I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway. I'd really like Monolith to succeed.

Redd

Jade Knight 08 said:
The video keeps staggering then reseting itself to the beginning before it finishes. something is wrong with the video content itself.

Good art.

Ok glad i'm not the only one. Hopefully somebody will youtube this so I can see the whole thing. I like the music though.

I despise Nintendo's Touch! site as it has the worst streaming technology in the world, would anybody be so kind as to post it on Youtube?

Xelinis

The vocal reminds me of Kirite and the other piece definitely has a Xenogears feels to it.

Despite the questionable art style, the monster designs look quite good.

Jonnyram

Looks like a lot of fun and the music is awesome - massive Xenogears vibes in that department. Forgot it was coming out so soon too. I hope it does well.

YOUTUBE - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvkOEoKFK4s (the beginning is a little messed up, sorry)

Thanks for [both] links kassatu.

This game looks amazing, I can't believe it's hardly gotten any exposure. The music is extremely good (if it's anything like in the trailer, then this is easily the best soundtrack on the DS).

Seems like a genuine RPG from the video - hopefully it is. I've been getting dungeon crawler vibes from the screens.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
The background art is incredible, and I guess that's why it sometimes looks pixelated because when the game zooms out to its proper resolution it looks beautiful. Music was amazing, that vocal track was great - Mitsuda is back in town!

Game looks so much better in motion.

Redd

Chris Michael said:
YOUTUBE - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvkOEoKFK4s (maybe processing)

Thanks for [both] links kassatu.

This game looks amazing, I can't believe it's hardly gotten any exposure. The music is extremely good (if it's anything like in the trailer, then this is easily the best soundtrack on the DS).

Seems like a genuine RPG from the video - hopefully it is. I've been getting dungeon crawler vibes from the screens.

Thanks chris wow I'm liking the battles. Hopefully they polish up the game so more but i'm very interested in Soma Bringer.

A MYSTERIOUS GIRL IN A CAPSULE??!?!!?!?

MYSTERIOUS!

A GIRL!

IN.....

A CAPSULE?

man, fuck JRPGs. I hope the combat and music are good because I know the story is going to shit in my mouth.

Redd said:
Thanks chris wow I'm liking the battles. Hopefully they polish up the game so more but i'm very interested in Soma Bringer.

The game is already in print.

dark steve said:

MYSTERIOUS!

A GIRL!

IN.....

A CAPSULE?

man, fuck JRPGs. I hope the combat and music are good because I know the story is going to shit in my mouth.

Simmer down, man...

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
dark steve said:

MYSTERIOUS!

A GIRL!

IN.....

A CAPSULE?

Looks like someone got pushed a little too far :lol

Redd

AceBandage said:
The game is already in print.

Simmer down, man...

Well i'm still very interested. Hopefully it comes to the states. I don't know about you guys but my DS seems to get the most playtime with the psp and ps2(on the ps3) following a close second and third.

LaneDS

Looks great, sounds great, and I imagine (being a Xenogears fan) the story will be interesting as well.

C'mon U.S. release.

In before duckroll?

Doesn't it go that if he comes out of his cave and likes the trailer we get 3 more weeks of winter or something?

Iceshade

My return key is broken.
Very nice. It's good to see Mitsuda working with Monolith Soft again and with his music attached to a game that already looks sweet. Mitsuda's post Xenosaga Episode I soundtracks (excluding Kirite because that was an original work) have been attached to games that were either a. not that great and/or b. ones that aren't very well recognized (despite the fact that I haven't heard the soundtracks for Graffiti Kingdom, Farewell To The Moonlit Night, Luminous Arc, and Armored Troopers Armodyne). Now if Mitsuda would just finish his Chrono Cross Arranged Album like he promised several moons ago I'd be even happier.

Top Bottom