• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football/Fútbol/Fussball/Calcio Thread 11/12 |OT5| Manchester Fragrance: Channel N°5

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZHFBU.gif

Your move, Bayern.

I have a feeling one of those 3 behind us will lose points tomorrow.

Fry

Kawa was a boss in pes6!! Such a great keeper. But i always liked the fact that konami over-powered the japanese national team a little :D kawa saving the balls, and then one or two nakamura freekicks in the offense. Awwe yea!

Indeed, haha! Kawaguchi was a great keeper, I remember he was impressive in real life too.

InDcU.jpg

Me and a friend of mine (who lived in another city) were crazy about Nakamura back then, we practiced free-kicks with him everyday, then when we scored beautiful goals I showed to him via web-cam haha, it was awesome.

As far as I know BetClic won't be our main sponsor for the 2012/2013 season. We had a 2-year contract with them, which expires this summer. No idea who the new sponsor will be. People in the know are saying Goodyear, but who knows.

Better quality pics:
juventus.jpg
juve-away-bozza.jpg
juventus3.jpg

And it looks like we're FINALLY going back to the black square on the back, should look something like this:
back2p.png

Also, on the inside of the neckline the following quote will be printed: "Vincere non e' importante, e' l'unica cosa che conta." (Winning isn't important, it is the only thing that counts.)

... LOVE IT. I really love the look of it all. The black square is what we really need at the back, love the monochrome design, love the fact that we won't have Betclic (finally! I hate their iron-on logo), and I love the fact that Martin Caceres is #4 :D

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^^I seriously hope it's Goodyear, I want one of those
ocTSq.png

OPMXa.png

The yellow and blue isn't so bad either.

and I love the fact that Martin Caceres is #4 :D

With less red cards hopefully :lol

4408495125_e1d9fbccfc.jpg

xbhaskarx

OptaJack OptaJack
5 - Landon Donovan has 5 assists in 630 mins at Everton; a better rate than any player in all English League/Cup competitions. Boom. #USMNT

Of course he did join the unstoppable goal scoring powerhouse that is Everton...

Hahaha, Großkreutz was on fire, after the match in an interview:

"Mr Großkreutz why was it such a hard match today?"
"Eh, what do you mean hard, what was supposed to be hard?"

a bit later:
"Bayern always says they play the best football [in Germany], they should show it!"

Empty

i do agree with him.

he has a lot of talent and this season you've seen i think two things a) confidence has a massive effect on young goalies. he started poorly in the community shield and had a few shaky games after that as a result such as vs wba but then came into the role more as we kept winning and was great at anfield for example and onwards. then he made the clanger at blackburn which lost us the match, was dropped for lindegaard and it crashed his confidence again resulting in last weeks disaster b) he has a clear weakness with crosses and being authoritative in the box especially dealing with the physicality of the epl compared to la liga.

the first will go away as he gets older and the press move onto the next story and the second as he learns the english game more, builds a rapport with his teammates and keeps chugging protein shakes. people can have their lols now, like they did when ronaldo was a weak little kid who did too many stepovers and was a big step down from beckham in efficacy.

Of course he did join the unstoppable goal scoring powerhouse that is Everton...

Donovan has been brilliant for Everton since joining. If Everton could ever get him on a permenant basis he would make a big big difference for them over a whole season.

The other star US player, Dempsey, has 16 goals for Fulham this season. 16! That is incredible.

Clydefrog

If Dempsey continues scoring this season, I can't possibly see him staying at Fulham. Surely a bigger team would want to pick him up. I bet he'd go for a bargain too.

Hixx

Concept images for our family section at the SoL next season. Jesus fuck, you would have an epileptic fit in there, more like a Wacky Warehouse than a stadium concourse!! Though tbf the colour scheme reminds me a bit of the concourse at Old Trafford, that was really garish.

Carbonox

"Newcastle have won four of their last six league matches. Only Tottenham and Sunderland have earned more points since Christmas Day."

Damn, I had no idea. And fans were bricking themselves over the fact that we had no Tiote, Ba, Cisse and Cabaye for most of them.

Really puts things in to perspective. Our team has great character even when the star players aren't around.

Another cool factoid about our star strikers:

"Strikers Papiss Cisse and Demba Ba have scored 59 league goals between them since the start of last season. Cisse has 31 goals and Ba 28."

Incredible.

Messi

"Newcastle have won four of their last six league matches. Only Tottenham and Sunderland have earned more points since Christmas Day."

Damn, I had no idea. And fans were bricking themselves over the fact that we had no Tiote, Ba, Cisse and Cabaye for most of them.

Really puts things in to perspective. Our team has great character even when the star players aren't around.

"Strikers Papiss Cisse and Demba Ba have scored 59 league goals between them since the start of last season. Cisse has 31 goals and Ba 28."

Incredible.

We have a new thread down below :p

Incredible.

So so happy I managed to bag a couple of tickets for Sunday's game :D

Kyoufu

Really depends if Cisse can adjust to the premiership and if his partnership with Ba works out. He could end up as another Torres or Carroll, but as I've said before...

ANYONE

BUT

SHOLA AMEOBI

Joe

Palermo should be embaressed, they have a 3rd rate pink Jersey compared to juventus. Hopefully Puma hooks them up next season

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
So, all of Saturday's Serie A games were postponed to Sunday or what? I just got home so I'm not up to date and I'm reading a lot conflicting reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom