• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football/Fútbol/Fussball/Calcio Thread 11/12 |OT5| Manchester Fragrance: Channel N°5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Call me a bad lose but all the anti-city brigade are crawling out of the woodwork now.

Ann well, at least we didn't lose to Blackburn... At home.

This happens every time United lose. So it comes with the territory of being at the top, get used to it.

Can't really complain, we should have finished them by the 70th, and if Richards had scored with the header it would have been an offside goal anyway and the shoe would be on the other foot.

Really fucking depressed though. Hold me dc. Hold me.

Scum

Call me a bad lose but all the anti-city brigade are crawling out of the woodwork now.

Harsh, but get use to it. Happens when your team is at the top of the league.

mTSS0.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Can't really complain, we should have finished them by the 70th, and if Richards had scored with the header it would have been an offside goal anyway and the shoe would be on the other foot.

I love this about you Kermit, humility in defeat.

STILL
THOUGH
TAKE
THAT
TAKE
THAT

Arnie

Not a bad loser, just paranoid.

We're not anti-City, that's a pretty arrogant accusation, we've just seen the underdog come and win it in the last seconds of the game, after being pinned back for the best part of ~70 minutes.

I couldn't give a fuck about Sunderland. If I'm being honest, result wise, I'd probably rather City have won that to pull further ahead of United.

Regardless, I'm overjoyed. I've wanted some excitement all day, and I finally got it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Don't worry, Jack Black. You're still joint top.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
jksimmonsprjjy.gif

In the end, the 1-1 with Swansea meant we actually gained a point on the Manc clubs. Hilarious result but Sunderland had the 3 clearest chances of the game, defended magnificently.

Don't worry, Jack Black. You're still joint top.

We're still top on GD = p Excuse my optimism in this dark moment.

That is the game we may look back and rue. 6 points dropped when we had no excuse to drop any. With Liverpool coming up... = ( I don't like this feeling.

Kompany completely left Ji the moment he passed it and got stucked towards the ball. Terrible defending even though it was offside.

dc89

I've got ya bro.

Oh and I like Kermits humility too, but I bring the balance with the knee jerk stuff.

Not a bad loser, just paranoid.

We're not anti-City, that's a pretty arrogant accusation, we've just seen the underdog come and win it in the last seconds of the game, after being pinned back for the best part of ~70 minutes.

I couldn't give a fuck about Sunderland. If I'm being honest, result wise, I'd probably rather City have won that to pull further ahead of United.

Regardless, I'm overjoyed. I've wanted some excitement all day, and I finally got it.

My thoughts exactly. I'd have preferred City to win this but the drama was amazing as a neutral spectator.

dc89

Losing sure sucks but lets face it, yesterday morning we all expected to see City and United level on points by this time and they still are. Not that bad when you look at it that way

City need to respond by beating Liverpool. Doesn't matter if it's 1-0 or 10-9. But we HAVE to win.

But what does worry me is how we can't break down these 10 man defences. The players seem to stand on top of one another. Good players can work in tight spaces but great players create space for each other.

jksimmonsprjjy.gif

In the end, the 1-1 with Swansea meant we actually gained a point on the Manc clubs. Hilarious result but Sunderland had the 3 clearest chances of the game, defended magnificently.

How is that? We hit the bar twice in Richards and Dzeko, they didn't hit the woodwork once but scored, obviously.

No idea how you can say that.

Ashes

Banned
the fuck did I just read on bbc sport? injury time Sunderland winner? United board won't forget this result from O'Neil. Mark my words.

dc89

The players looked knackered at the end of the game. I doubt they'll be able to fully recover in 48 hours.

The fact we play I'm 48 hours is a JOKE. Sunderland do too I think and I feel sorry for them because there squad is heavily depleted. Mancini can make 5/6 changes again. Not sure what Sunderland can do.

Wilbur

Banned
The players looked knackered at the end of the game. I doubt they'll be able to fully recover in 48 hours.

Well they have Clichy, Kolo, Milner and Balotelli who didn't even play, De Jong played an hour, Aguero, Richards and Silva only played half an hour... City's squad depth is infinitely better than our completely depleted squad, could be the decider in where the title goes.

Interesting. Didn't watch the game but yeah they must be tired. However tough the schedule is for City, and it is, they out of anybody have the squad to manage it.

I hear Nasri and Adam Johnson were poor today?

Arnie

Interesting. Didn't watch the game but yeah they must be tired. However tough the schedule is for City, and it is, they out of anybody have the squad to manage it.

Nasri was pretty anonymous, couldn't influence the game at all. Johnson was pretty decent in the first 45 minutes but drifted out of it second half.

But what does worry me is how we can't break down these 10 man defences. The players seem to stand on top of one another. Good players can work in tight spaces but great players create space for each other.
Yeah, without Silva we looked clueless in creating that final through ball. Definitely something the coaching staff need to focus on. You can't blame Mancini, he recognized our issues at half time and threw on offensive players but by the time Silva had an impact, Sunderland were well bed in.

dc89

Wow, Mancini is about to cry.

He's not the only one.

I have a serious feeling that Johnson's days are limited at City. I think he needs a run of games but Mancini is obviously not prepared to hand them to him.

Scum

With all these schedules games throughout the Christmas and New Year, as always, do you guys think the EPL could do with a Winter Break as well? Or will the Sky money get in the way?

Oh, and congrats once again to Sunderland, even if it was offside. :lol

Wilbur

Banned
With all these schedules games throughout the Christmas and New Year, as always, do you guys think the EPL could do with a Winter Break as well? Or will the Sky money get in the way?

Oh, and congrats once again to Sunderland, even if it was offside. :lol

I always wonder how we don't hear anywhere near as much moaning from Championship teams; excluding the teams in Europe, they play an extra 8 games than Prem teams with no winter break either.

Labadal

I'm a little scared about the City game now. They might not get any real rest for the game against us, but I fear they will be very angry.

Looking at Sunderland goal, it looks like a clear offside but what the hell was Yaya doing not running back to help the defence? I'd be fuming as a manager.

I don't like the way these new years fixtures up to only give us 48hrs to recover.

We are the last to play in this round of fixtures and are expected go a second time before United do again by a further 24 hours.

I think this is exactly what SKy bosses had in mind when they looked at their New Years programming probly a month ago when we were 5 points clear.

dc89

I also think De Jong is running out of time with his contract stalling. The signing of De Rossi may also point to something, if it comes off which I have been told its very likely.

Nasri was poor and had no impact and was subbed in the 50th minute, and Johnson was our best player in the first half and faded out in the second. He had a few important runs towards the end but all our play came from the left in the second half.

Arnie

He's not the only one.

I have a serious feeling that Johnson's days are limited at City. I think he needs a run of games but Mancini is obviously not prepared to hand them to him.
I know one club that'd have him, and play him. It's January too.

It'll never happen though.

lol Tuesday. Who the fuck scheduled that?

It's awful from the FA. And completely unnecessary. Was the same when we had that fixture with Chelsea 48 hours after playing City at Anfield. Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom