• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

The Rock is one of Michael Bay's best films. As per usual when it comes to his films, it has an incredible soundtrack. I've yet to see a director's filmography be so consistent where soundtracks are concerned. I have a soft spot for big epic and bombastic tracks that you see in action films.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^You never know ;)
I still think Inter was a more complete team, the best defensive side, and deadly on counter attack with Milito. Real Madrid is better on attack but their defense is very shaky as you said. Hell, that Inter even kicked Barcelona's ass.

Bayern lost the final weeks before. van Gaal's Bayern was a side that didn't know how to defend, most teams usually scored at least 2 goals against us but we were good on attack (making 3 or 4 goals to win those matches).

In the final, Ribéry couldn't play because of a red card. Altintop was the only backup we had back then. We played with Badstuber as LB(!!!!!!!), Demichelis and DvB as CBs(!!!!!) and with 0 tactics for the defense from van Gaal.

Yeah, Ribery was a massive loss.

van Gaal
iXUU2.gif
Three slow as hell defenders against a counter-attacking side
iXUU2.gif
iXUU2.gif

dschalter

I would love this. We could then watch the FA squirm as the captain of the winning Champions League team was not eligible to be captain in the Euros. 8)

better: john terry slipping and missing a champions league winning penalty, again. the origin was possibly the greatest moment in the history of football.

TeegsD

I normally would like the Portuguese teams to do their best in Europe but Benfica losing has a very nice taste to it. Also Aimar missing the game against Braga and the game against us makes it even tastier.

Wilbur

Banned
The Rock is one of Michael Bay's best films. As per usual when it comes to his films, it has an incredible soundtrack. I've yet to see a director's filmography be so consistent where soundtracks are concerned. I have a soft spot for big epic and bombastic tracks that you see in action films.

I hate almost everything he's ever done but The Rock and Bad Boys II are just incredible.

TeegsD

Lol at Balotelli interrupting the press conference for Inter's new coach. Walks in, shakes hands, walks out. No fucks given.

Wilbur

Banned
What about Heat? And the original Bad Boys is better than the sequel. Can we all agree Transformers suck?

Heat was Michael Mann, Bad Boys II isn't as extravagant and over the top, that's the reason I love the second one. And Transformers 1 is okay, 2 is the worst film I've ever seen in my life and I haven't even seen the third one.

What's Milan's likely line up to be tomorrow?

I apologize for mixing up my micheals. I'm mostly apologizing to mann. And they're both bad ass movies.

All three transformers movies were bad but I enjoyed the second two because I went into them with 0 expectations and saw them with my brother who is ten years younger than me. The first would have been good if it was a half hour shorter and in three when they destroy and I mean fucking annihilate Chicago was pretty good for an action scene.

Wilbur

Banned
Abbiati
Bonera, Nesta, Mexes, Antonini
Aquilani, Ambrosini, Nocerino
Boateng
Ibrahimovic, Robinho

It's still a relatively strong line up! MvB and Silva are big misses but they should still compete.

I apologize for mixing up my micheals. I'm mostly apologizing to mann. And they're both bad ass movies.

All three transformers movies were bad but I enjoyed the second two because I went into them with 0 expectations and saw them with my brother who is ten years younger than me. The first would have been good if it was a half hour shorter and in three when they destroy and I mean fucking annihilate Chicago was pretty good for an action scene.

God I just hated the second one. By the time with the bit in the forest, I thought it had been a really poor two hour movie. Looked and it was 45 minutes in. I would have walked out if I hadn't been with my family but I had to sit there for another two hours. I almost died

And yeah MPW! Collateral is awesome.

dschalter

It's still a relatively strong line up! MvB and Silva are big misses but they should still compete.

God I just hated the second one. By the time with the bit in the forest, I thought it had been a really poor two hour movie. Looked and it was 45 minutes in. I would have walked out if I hadn't been with my family but I had to sit there for another two hours. I almost died

And yeah MPW! Collateral is awesome.

boateng, robinho, aquilani, and nesta are just coming back though, i doubt all of them are fit for 90 minutes.

MPW

Yes.

Miami Vice was wank as well.

i watched miami vice (movie) and was not impressed

i then watched season 1 of miami vice tv show and it was f'n amazing! highly recommended.

so is del piero gonna leave juve after this season?

dschalter

These football threads move friggin fast. Anyway, just finished watching the Benfica/Chelsea game. I love Torres.

football thread? you're in the wrong place, this is where people talk about the video games they've played recently or the bad music that they like.

Wilbur

Banned
football thread? you're in the wrong place, this is where people talk about the video games they've played recently or the bad music that they like.

or michael bay.

I like talking about other stuff in the middle of the football, I get to know you all better when I find out that Arnie loves Rebecca Black and Elseanio has jazz and cream tea evenings.

dschalter

Awww yeah he should. Would be fantastic with the amount of people wanting to see him dead.

I hope scrolling past it didn't cause too much damage on your soul.

it is actually annoying though, because it has pretty much no value and actual football talk can get buried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom