• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
untitled-10pml7n.gif

untitled-12zyk5l.gif

Game set and match

Noirulus

Great second half, APOEL's defense got weary and paved way for Madrid's 3 goals.

Tommorow will be fun with Barca-Milan. :)

Holy shit, I was commentign the match in the other thread.

I will sum up with this:

Coentrao = 30 M€.

I want to punch Mourinho in his ugly face.

Keio

For a Finer World
I don't think Benfica was bad at all. They had very clear chances, a stonewall PK appeal and pretty solid passing. No luck though.

Carbonox

It's good to see Benzema reaching his potential. He'll easily be on 30+ goals by the end of the season, maybe more. His assists ratio is pretty decent too.

Madridy

Great Win. That should be enough to get us through, but you never know. :p

See you Bavarians at the Semi! you guys better not slip up! :p

Amazing how Kaka and Marcelo changed the game! Genius move by Mou. Sahin filled for Xabi pretty well too, that should boost his confidence. APOEL didn't have a single shot on goal right? lol

Rad-

Ronaldo didn't score but I think this was his best game in a while. He teared up the defense with his passing and skill tonight.

It's good to see Benzema reaching his potential. He'll easily be on 30+ goals by the end of the season, maybe more. His assists ratio is pretty decent too.

He scored 2 goals but otherwise, he was pretty shit the whole game.

Sahin in white is ugly as fuck. Madrid should make their third kit yellow and wear it in all of the 3 matches Sahin plays. Maybe he'd play better in it, too.

elseanio

Liverpool v Everton in the FA Cup would be huge. Liverpool losing would be huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.

I'm getting a ticket for the semi, not sure if I'll go. Fucking stupid two Liverpool teams having to go down to London. Gonna be a nightmare travelling.

National weekend, too

Wait, you thought Chelsea played better overall

:/
I think circumstances considered, yes. We're in our worst form for years, playing away to a team who put MUFC out, MUFC themselves who are 20+ points ahead of us in the league. We scored and were definitely the better team first half.

Anyway, it was said slightly tongue in cheek because metalmurphy would have you believe it wasn't even close.

Carbonox

Liverpool v Everton in the FA Cup would be huge. Liverpool losing would be huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.

You do realise that if Everton got in the final, they'd be guaranteed a Europa League at the least, which could jeopardise us getting it? If that happens, I believe we would have to finish 5th or some nonsense just to get in to Europe.

RaGe_pt

Not only do I hate Benfica, but I bet against them too and this was a harsh result for them.

They did not deserve to lose but this is the typical english team playing out of their home. They always wait for the right chance to score, City did the same against us here in Porto. Anyway, I'm just happy that benfica lost! ;)

Sloosha

Good result for us in the end, although not the best performance by any stretch of the imagination. Hope we play better in the home leg.

I think it was a penalty by the way.

MPW

Great Win. That should be enough to get us through, but you never know. :p

See you Bavarians at the Semi! you guys better not slip up! :p

Amazing how Kaka and Marcelo changed the game! Genius move by Mou. Sahin filled for Xabi pretty well too, that should boost his confidence. APOEL didn't have a single shot on goal right? lol

casillas and valdes have the easiest jobs in the world sometimes lol

Andrefpvs

I think circumstances considered, yes. We're in our worst form for years, playing away to a team who put MUFC out, MUFC themselves who are 20+ points ahead of us in the league. We scored and were definitely the better team first half.

What Chelsea achieved in first half doesn't even come close to the chances Benfica had second half.

You are delusional. Your performance now compared to you theoretical peak performance has nothing to do with ether you played better then Benfica tonight or not. You didn't.

Also:

Benfica | Chelsea

Attempts on target: 8 | 3
Attempts off target: 9 | 7
Attempts against woodwork: 0 | 1
Corners: 8 | 4
Attacks: 38 | 30
Offsides: 0 | 4
Fouls commited: 9 | 17

Rad-

Coentrao was horribly overpriced but he is better defensively than Marcelo so he wasn't totally useless signing.

Kyoufu

You do realise that if Everton got in the final, they'd be guaranteed a Europa League at the least, which could jeopardise us getting it? If that happens, I believe we would have to finish 5th or some nonsense just to get in to Europe.

I don't think it works that way...

What Chelsea achieved in first half doesn't even come close to the chances Benfica had second half.
And their chances second half don't even compare to the goal we scored.

You are delusional. Your performance now compared to you theoretical peak performance has nothing to do with ether you played better then Benfica tonight or not. You didn't.
Those stats are hardly hugely one sided, wise up.

Edit: in fact, they look just about normal. Anyway, have your way. We were terrible, we're only being talked up here post match and we only won.

offshore

I'm getting a ticket for the semi, not sure if I'll go. Fucking stupid two Liverpool teams having to go down to London. Gonna be a nightmare travelling.

Liverpool and Everton should just go on strike. Absolutely no reason in the world why it couldn't be played at Old Trafford. And it really should.

ShogunX

National weekend, too

You got four credits on your card? I missed the Oldham game (Have three credits) so will have to see if I get sorted or go through another ballot to see if I can get a ticket.

Was hoping for a Sunderland win purely for selfish reasons of wanting an easy ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom