• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

Scum wants to move the discussion to the arsonist. Ouro keeps shifting the discussion back to the arsonist, in comparison to Roy in D1 who didn't make such an enormous noise about it.
What the fuck
Did you miss the entire part when Roy was speculating over the arsonist and the fire alarm

Ourobolus

Banned
IMO only person Ouro should have voted for is Xam (both potential scum and potential arsonist).

Yet he votes for AB. Why is that?

I thought about Xam's behavior - he's been sticking his neck out far too much to be an arsonist. Yes, he's aggravated me, and yes, he's probably exhibited the symptoms of an arsonist/SK-type player, but...dammit, I don't have a read on AB and that bothers me.

Burbeting

Banned
What the fuck
Did you miss the entire part when Roy was speculating over the arsonist and the fire alarm

Yes, but in the end he was still scum hunting with his votes.

In comparison Ouro has made it very clear he doesn't give a fuck about hunting scum now, he seems to vote based on who is the arsonist.

Burbeting

Banned
I thought about Xam's behavior - he's been sticking his neck out far too much to be an arsonist. Yes, he's aggravated me, and yes, he's probably exhibited the symptoms of an arsonist/SK-type player, but...dammit, I don't have a read on AB and that bothers me.

Do you think Xam is not scum? Scum is our number 1 priority to lynch ouro. That's my problem, you seem to have different priorities.

Ourobolus

Banned
Yes, but in the end he was still scum hunting with his votes.

In comparison Ouro has made it very clear he doesn't give a fuck about hunting scum now, he seems to vote based on who is the arsonist.

Dude, you want me to hunt scum? Fine. Jesus.

Top Scum:
Salva
CzarTim
AB (more below)

However, because I was doused, I have a slight personal involvement in trying to find the arsonist. Xam and AB are my top two. Xam has been fucking weird about damn near everything, but I have zero reads on AB. That, like I said before, bothers the hell outta me.

Ourobolus

Banned
Do you think Xam is not scum? Scum is our number 1 priority to lynch ouro. That's my problem, you seem to have different priorities.

I think Xam is either scum or the arso (though after AB's last post, which did nothing to convince me...) - so sure, if you want to scum hunt and get Xam, then yes.

Ourobolus

Banned
Why is Salva your top scum?

It wasn't in order. But Salva is still in my list because I get the feeling that Salva vs. Weemad was a lesser-of-two-evils situation. Weemad may have been the GF, but maybe Salva was something more useful that they wanted to keep around. If Salva is town, he's done nothing to help reassure me of that fact.

Timeaisis

It wasn't in order. But Salva is still in my list because I get the feeling that Salva vs. Weemad was a lesser-of-two-evils situation. Weemad may have been the GF, but maybe Salva was something more useful that they wanted to keep around. If Salva is town, he's done nothing to help reassure me of that fact.

So you think there was scum distributed between both Salva and Weemad votes? I mean, maybe. But I still don't see why you think Salva is so suspect over, say, Xam.

Ourobolus

Banned
So you think there was scum distributed between both Salva and Weemad votes? I mean, maybe. But I still don't see why you think Salva is so suspect over, say, Xam.

If it came down to it, I would put Xam and AB equal at this point. Like I said, my list isn't in order, so I don't really have a No1, No2, etc. Tim has been a non-entity, though to be fair he plays fucking scummy in every game I've seen him in. Xam and AB I've covered, and same with Salva. The thing that bugs me the most is that I have no read on AB.

roytheone

*Scum is our number 1 priority to lynch, Ouro.

Well, if the arsonist ends up dousing 3 town (I think ourob is town), lynching them and thus directly saving 3 town lives will actually become more important then lynching scum which will not directly save anyone.

Burbeting

Banned
Well, if the arsonist ends up dousing 3 town (I think ourob is town), lynching them and thus directly saving 3 town lives will actually become more important then lynching scum which will not directly save anyone.

I doubt the game's designers are stupid enough to let gossip arsonist repeat. The ignition won't happen without both town and scum in there.

Makai was a townie who turned neutral if his partner died, the lone scum is still a scum and aligned with scum. I don't see why the lone scum would ever turn against their team unless they're bussing to look townie.

That last bit spells it out. "...they will attain victory if and when you do."
The goal of the lone scum is to win and they do that by making sure scum wins. They don't gain anything by winning solo apart from making it much harder.

... derp

I was totally reading that bit as "they will attain victory if and when (you are all killed)" instead of "they will attain victory if and when (you attain victory)".

SalvaPot

c2ea85b324173b8c5ee62af226901048156883eb

Oh really? Please tell us what kind of ability would be more important than the GF.

Burbeting

Banned
If gossip arsonist does repeat, I will personally post lot of angry of messages to the balancers of this game. It made Woof2 absolutely unfair.

roytheone

I doubt the game's designers are stupid enough to let gossip arsonist repeat. The ignition won't happen without both town and scum in there.

I mean, I agree a normal arsonist that just has to burn three people is basically an extra scum which can do additional kills targeted at town (since they would want to avoid angering scum), which is problematic balance wise. Still, we can't rule it out

Burbeting

Banned
I mean, I agree a normal arsonist that just has to burn three people is basically an extra scum which can do additional kills targeted at town (since they would want to avoid angering scum), which is problematic balance wise. Still, we can't rule it out

What Retro/Palmer/Whoever balanced this can't ignore is me giving them a sweet kick, if the arsonist can burn 3 members of town in a game of 22 players.

It's 2am and I'm frustrated and tired.

Burbeting

Banned
If you feel you have the mental capacity to do so, could you give me your reasoning?

He has roleclaimed a role that is something scum could very easily claim. When scum tried to save weemadarthur D2, they most likely tried to pile on Salva, who seemed to almost win the vote. I assume Salva is town, yet scum had a perfectly potential target on Kalor, that was ignored. Why? Not many seemed to buy the claim D2, so that's not a good excuse. Add in the fact that Kalor said "oh I'don't love to vote weemadarthur except I wont", and I think it's pretty obvious something is up.

What makes Kalor dangerous is tha the scum can try to modif you the conversation, and make town believe Kalor is confirmed town. If that happens, town is potentially screwed.

He has roleclaimed a role that is something scum could very easily claim. When scum tried to save weemadarthur D2, they most likely tried to pile on Salva, who seemed to almost win the vote. I assume Salva is town, yet scum had a perfectly potential target on Kalor, that was ignored. Why? Not many seemed to buy the claim D2, so that's not a good excuse. Add in the fact that Kalor said "oh I'don't love to vote weemadarthur except I wont", and I think it's pretty obvious something is up.

What makes Kalor dangerous is tha the scum can try to modif you the conversation, and make town believe Kalor is confirmed town. If that happens, town is potentially screwed.
Yeah, I have been mulling on Kalor's claim for some time, actually. I think the claim being so late in the day allowed him to slip into obscurity long enough to be forgotten for the Day.
Vote: Kalor
But there is only one way to check

To help fill the time (snrk) while I wait for Timeaisis, I will make some bad puns
Did you guys know this thread is healthy for you? It has a very low kalorie count

Top Bottom