• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

SalvaPot

Also, if the arsonist has a target number of victims, then yes I believe he would be limited by the table he is sitting. If instead his role works more like a SK, then having him be limited by table would make his win condition harder to reach, so I believe he wouldn't be limited by this.

It really depends on when he tries to ignite his victims, but we really shouldn't let him anyway.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Okay, time for me to lay it all out on the table.

I am Burbeting, the Bear of Love. I'm an invited guest, which makes me town. My passive ability is that whoever is on the right and left of me at whatever table I'm one is automatically entered into a gossip chat. The gossip chat resets every new day or whenever someone next to me at my table is moved for any reason.

SalvaPot

I am Burbeting, the Bear of Love. I'm an invited guest, which makes me town. My passive ability is that whoever is on the right and left of me at whatever table I'm one is automatically entered into a gossip chat. The gossip chat resets every new day or whenever someone next to me at my table is moved for any reason.

Cool, can anyone confirm this?

nin1000

Banned
I would feel better about chasing arsonist, if more of the suspects would be suspicious in scum hunt as well. But right out of the four candidates three seem towny to me (AB and Czar voted for weemad yesterday, Launch has the roleclaim). Only Xam fits both profiles, and I wouldn't mind lynching him today.

What about t4on and camjo z?? They were sitting right next to me!

CzarTim

are u a gossip arso

lol

Burbeting

Banned
What about t4on and camjo z?? They were sitting right next to me!

To be honest, I don't understand at all what you mean.

Cool.

I think it was fine for Bronx to claim now, especially since he was at the chopping block. It also makes sense for Srafty to check Bronx now, she might have been suspicious N1 of being called to a gossip chat after the gossip arsonist role in Woof 2.

What I said to Roy also applies to you as well, if you want

Timeaisis

Yeah, can confirm.

Burbeting

Banned
Some statistics.

I think it's fair enough to assume that this game has 5 scum, as in 4 + 1 hidden partner. 3 + 1 would be too tiny amount for a 22 player game, especially with one being seperated from others, and 5 + 1 would be pretty huge amount of scum for 22.

If 4 + 1 is right, the scum would now stand at 3 + 1. It would also mean that there were 4 scum yesterday in addition to weemad, but that the other scum didn't know the identity of one of them. This info could be kept in mind while looking at the voting patterns yesterday.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Some statistics.

I think it's fair enough to assume that this game has 5 scum, as in 4 + 1 hidden partner. 3 + 1 would be too tiny amount for a 22 player game, especially with one being seperated from others, and 5 + 1 would be pretty huge amount of scum for 22.

If 4 + 1 is right, the scum would now stand at 3 + 1. It would also mean that there were 4 scum yesterday in addition to weemad, but that the other scum didn't know the identity of one of them. This info could be kept in mind while looking at the voting patterns yesterday.
Don't get too attached to that number, remember WWE mafia?

But since this is a Retro game, I am inclined to agree.

Ty4on

Night Vale was 22 players IIRC (around that) and had three scum plus recruitable, but most thought it was too much in favor of town post game.

4+1 with the extra scum not being a recruit seems reasonable.

Kalor

"Hey guys I totally think my scum teammate is scum but here is a bs reason why I won't vote them, and even when said reason is no longer valid, I mysteriously disappear."

VOTE: Kalor

Are you scum?

It was 4 votes on weemad and 5 on Salva at the time and I was just being cautious, not wanting to cause a tie. When I noticed the sudden rush of votes at the end I didn't have enough time to vote.

Personally I don't think the arsonist is limited by what table they are at. As we've seen that allows us to narrow down potential suspects quickly if it is limited by table and means that the arsonist has to rely on RNG to ensure a large number of people are always at the same table where someone is doused. However if they only have to target a certain number of people (three) I could see the role being limited to their table since the list won't get too small.

Right now I'm leaning towards Xam for it, or if not then some scum role. Now that it seems likely that the drink isn't poison we don't need to keep him alive to test that theory.

Vote: Xamtheking

Why are you leaning me on it, after you said you don't think the arsonist needs to be at the same table?
I was under the impression I was suspect of being an arso because of my seating up to this point.

Kalor

Why are you leaning me on it, after you said you don't think the arsonist needs to be at the same table?
I was under the impression I was suspect of being an arso because of my seating up to this point.

Something about your whole demeanor this game reminds me of the way a neutral would act. You're pursuing leads and looking for scum but there's this level of detachment from town. I'm mostly going from what I remember from the end of day 2 so I don't have specific examples right now and could be completely off base.

He is town!

Nin, did you know Salva was town or was it a guess?

Can confirm that as well.

SalvaPot

So a few highlights of what I missed last day end.

Your points are extremely convincing to me, Roy. Thank you.

I will therefore move my vote to my next scum candidate.

He clearly stated he won't have internet until Sunday. If he isn't extremely contributive on day three, I will absolutely join this vote. But you're parking a useless prod vote just like Scrafty did.

Vote: kalor

This one was in response of Kalor voting RobotNinjaHornets. After this kalor unvoted and apologized.

For the record, I originally thought it would be a good idea to share the other part of my ability, but reconsidered.

Didn't bold the role name, that's a #scumtell.

Anyway, I believe Scrafty. I'm not down for lynching her without testing her claim.

I actually still really want to lynch Nin. He doesn't feel like he's acting from general confusion or just coming from a weird place like he usually is. He sounds like he's been trying to piece something together about me with some extra information. I'm not sure what to make of it. Kalor, for me, was a null read, but I'll support the lynch to make things a little more decisive.

VOTE: Kalor

Meanwhile, I believe weemad is something to keep an eye on going forward. I'll see what's what with him next phase.

Here launch adds himself to the kalor vote, but mentioning his suspicions on weemad.

Well, I said I would claim at 2/3 hours to go if I was a vote leader and I want to give people time to react so here we go.

I'm Xamtheking, Lord of Xamxiety and am an even night commuter. Every other night I get xamxiety and get up from my chair. I almost didn't say if it was odd or even but I'm protected tonight anyway so I would at least live another day if I'm not lynched. Of course as a result of my role I can't exactly give any new information but that's what it is. If people still want to lynch me to prove my role then so be it.

I completely missed this claim the first time around, there was very little focus on it.

hyperactivity (0)
burbeting 614 (1020)
xamtheking 842 (865)

terrabyte20xx (0)
czartim 629 (802)

scrafty (0)
fireblend 635 (637)

scraftydevil (2)
fireblend 637 (1153)
weemadarthur 881 (1175)
timeaisis 1004
camjo-z 1113

weemadarthur (3)
xamtheking 652 (762)
czartim 805 (1138)
scraftydevil 883
czartim 1155
burbeting 1214

nin1000 (2)
xamtheking 762 (842)
launchpadmcq 773 (1179)
kalor 868 (1143)
xamtheking 950 (961)
xamtheking 972
launchpadmcq 1210

fireblend (1)
robotninjahornets 808

salvapot (3)
terrabyte20xx 830
burbeting 1026 (1214)
ourobolus 1198
fireblend 1205

robotninjahornets (0)
scraftydevil 851 (883)
kalor 1143 (1177)

absolutbro (0)
ourobolus 863 (999)

kalor (3)
roytheone 876
ty4on 947 (1062)
czartim 1138 (1155)
nin1000 1139
weemadarthur 1175
launchpadmcq 1179 (1210)

burbeting (0)
nin1000 915 (1022)

timeaisis (0)
xamtheking 961 (972)

bronx-man (1)
ty4on 1062

xamtheking (1)
salvapot 1123

gra_1462032000.png

Let me know if votes look wrong on that, I'm not following this game perfectly so I'd be unaware of a cache error in the voting tool on my side.

Edit: You aren't a mod anymore Ouro, go away! :p

Here was the vote count as of this moment, this will give context to the following posts

VOTE: SalvaPot

Breaking the tie.

This day has been full of unnintended consequences
That was no typo
VOTE: SalvaPot

There was a sudden surge of votes against me, Burb pointed it out and roy agreed.

Agreed, this feels a bit weird. The votes are pretty spread out before that surge, and Between weemad, Salva, Kalor, Nin and scrafty I am pretty sure there is at least one scum, so scum would actually have to put some work in today in order to not get one of them lynched. And I think salva isn't around and hasn't hinted at claiming if he gets in danger of being lynched, so that would be an easy target to try and get lynched since they wouldn't have to fear a sudden role claim and the resulting vote switching.

By this moment:
weemadarthur (4)
xamtheking 652 (762)
czartim 805 (1138)

scraftydevil 883
czartim 1155
burbeting 1214
nin1000 1252

salvapot (5)
terrabyte20xx 830
burbeting 1026 (1214)
ourobolus 1198
fireblend 1205
launchpadmcq 1236
xamtheking 1238

He is town!
Nin with the clutch defense on me.

You have one more day!

VOTE: Weemadarthur

Terra with the vital vote switch. I think this one was vital because it was 100% him trusting nin, so now I am sure to believe terra is town. Sorry about piling on you yesterday.

7:57am
weemadarthur (5)
salvapot (4)

Vote: weemadarthur

7:57am
weemadarthur (6)
salvapot (4)

VOTE: Salvapot
Ties are bad

7:58am
weemadarthur (6)
salvapot (5)

By this point xam already had his vote on me, so he couldn't just tie.

Vote: Weemadarthur
Goddamnit

7:58am
weemadarthur (7)
salvapot (4)

Well that was close.

Also present and didn't changed votes at the last second:
Camjo-Z
Ty4on
LaunchpadMcQ

I'll get to post more about this on my next post.

At work and on mobile, so I apologize if this is brief and/or fucked up. Will post again tonight from home.

AB? Czar? Thoughts on the arso?
This I have some thoughts on, but Iwill wait until I am home to do so.

Absolutbro votes for Weemad at 4.58PM. Now weemad has 6 votes, while Salva has 4.
I just want to clarify that I was on mobile when I made this vote, so getting the highlight tags takes awhile. Terra had not yet voted when I went to post my vote, which I was done with the hopes of preventing a tie.

Vote: Absolutbro

You sure went out of your way to say xam was lying yesterday.
I fully admit I thought the poisoner thing was suspicious. I would disagree with "going out of my way" though, since I even discussed options that he was not lying.

Yeah, can confirm.
Can also confirm. I was going to bring it up when the fire alarm was pulled, as someone (Roy or Ouro I think) asked why Scum would have a power like that. I did not want to risk outting Bronx or Time though, with whom I was in the chat at the time the alarm was pulled. I am really glad Bronx clarified his power, as I made a post about "quiet conversations" or something yesterday alluding to.

More when I get home.

SalvaPot

Final Votes for Day 2
weemadarthur (7)
xamtheking 652 (762)
czartim 805 (1138)
scraftydevil 883
czartim 1155
burbeting 1214
nin1000 1252
terrabyte20xx 1272
absolutbro 1274
xamtheking 1276

salvapot (4)
terrabyte20xx 830 (1272)
burbeting 1026 (1214)
ourobolus 1198
fireblend 1205
launchpadmcq 1236
xamtheking 1238 (1276)
weemadarthur 1275

scraftydevil (2)
fireblend 637 (1153)
weemadarthur 881 (1175)
timeaisis 1004
camjo-z 1113

kalor (2)
roytheone 876
ty4on 947 (1062)
czartim 1138 (1155)
nin1000 1139 (1252)
weemadarthur 1175 (1275)
launchpadmcq 1179 (1210)
ty4on 1254

nin1000 (1)
xamtheking 762 (842)
launchpadmcq 773 (1179)
kalor 868 (1143)
xamtheking 950 (961)
xamtheking 972 (1238)
launchpadmcq 1210 (1236)
bronx-man 1257

fireblend (1)
robotninjahornets 808
absolutbro 1234 (1274)

xamtheking (1)
salvapot 1123

hyperactivity/Camjo-Z (0)
burbeting 614 (1020)
xamtheking 842 (865)

burbeting (0)
nin1000 915 (1022)

robotninjahornets (0)
scraftydevil 851 (883)
kalor 1143 (1177)

timeaisis (0)
xamtheking 961 (972)

bronx-man (0)
ty4on 1062 (1254)

terrabyte20xx (0)
czartim 629 (802)

absolutbro (0)
ourobolus 863 (999)

Lets see:
-Bronx was cleaned by scrafty (RIP).
-Terras, Nin and Absolutbro voted at a crucial time to nail down weemad, without really knowing if I was town or not. This makes this 3 my top town player, aside cleaned
-I, SalvaPot, am still not clean. I really appreciate nin's trust in me, and if he somehow was able to check my alignment I'll rather him not reveal how. But knowing nin, I am sure he knows me enough to realize I am town, and it was not with the help of an action.
-Launch has the 1-shot scrambler claim.
-Kalor has the commuter claim.

I think the early vote of czar and burb on weemad also puts them in my nice list, specially burb. I still feel iffy about czar.

Let's try to tier the suspects:

Shiny Clean
02. Bronx-man [m] (Gossiper)
14. Salvapot [m] (Because dat me)

Masters of the hammer
15. Terrabyte20xx [m]
01. AbsolutBro [m]
10. Nin1000 [m]

Early voters
04. Burbeting [m]
06. CzarTim [m]

Switched at the very last minute as a symbolic gesture?
18. Xamtheking [m]

Didn't try to save weemad
17. Ty4on [m]
05. Camjo-Z [m]
09. LaunchpadMcQ [m]

Antagonizer, mentioned wanted to vote him but wanted to avoid a tie
08. Kalor [m]

Away, Neutral or indifferent at the moment
03. BananaSpacePrincess [f]
07. Fireblend [m]
11. Ourobolus [m]
12. RobotNinjaHornets [m]
13. Roytheone [m]
16. Timeaisis [m]

I think we should look into RNH, I am suspicious of the way weemad went out of his way to have Kalor unvote him. Seemed to me like he tried to avoid a teammate gaining traction.

Vote: RobotNinjaHornets

If I missed anything important, let me know.

Burbeting

Banned
As in:

- Scum team tries to sacrifice Salva in order to save GF who has bigger priority. All Salva voters would get town credit
-> Scrafty checks weemadarthur, gets town result.
-> weemadarthur gets town result, all of weemad's voters get scum credit.

-Terras, Nin and Absolutbro voted at a crucial time to nail down weemad, without really knowing if I was town or not. This makes this 3 my top town player, aside cleaned

Shiny Clean
02. Bronx-man [m] (Gossiper)
14. Salvapot [m] (Because dat me)

Masters of the hammer
15. Terrabyte20xx [m]
01. AbsolutBro [m]
10. Nin1000 [m]

Early voters
04. Burbeting [m]
06. CzarTim [m]
Keep in mind that one road to victory for the Lost Scum is having all the other mafia die (at least if I read weemadarthur's role PM correctly). Also that the Lost Scum knows who the other scum are. So voting for weemadarthur, early or late, really doesn't clear anyone in any way.

SalvaPot

As in:

- Scum team tries to sacrifice Salva in order to save GF who has bigger priority. All Salva voters would get town credit
-> Scrafty checks weemadarthur, gets town result.
-> weemadarthur gets town result, all of weemad's voters get scum credit.

The problem with this theory is that I was voted forward at a time when scum could have target pretty much anyone else, the votes where pretty even by this time and the conversation was heavily leaning on voting out an inactive. if I was scum, then why would the scum team willingly vote me out? There was no need to bus me when the votes rushed on me.

Ty4on

Keep in mind that one road to victory for the Lost Scum is having all the other mafia die (at least if I read weemadarthur's role PM correctly). Also that the Lost Scum knows who the other scum are. So voting for weemadarthur, early or late, really doesn't clear anyone in any way.
Lost scum wins with mafia so they would want Wee staying alive. They also want scum to notice them so they aren't night killed so if Salva is town I don't think it would be stupid for a lost scum to attempt to save Wee.

They're less valuable than scum without the chat and have to make sure they know who they are.

Burbeting

Banned
Question for those three people:

Ouro, what do you think of Xam and Kalor?
Xam, what do you think of Ouro and Kalor?
Kalor, öwhat do you think of Ouro and Xam?

(I know Kalor has already commented and voted on xam, but I wouldn't mind more thoughts).

Top Bottom