• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

nin1000

Banned
I just want to publicly apologize to SalvaPot. Nothing happened last night and you were sitting next to me. If Nin is vouching for you, then I am willing to admit that you MIGHT not be scum. Maybe.

Thanks make I knew you had it in you.

Can someone post the day 2 table? On mobile now.

Well, looks like I missed a whole lot between going to sleep Friday and waking up Saturday morning to a weemad lynch. Didn't get a chance to post Saturday because the day was ending, but looks like you guys chose wisely, anyway. Good work. Honestly, weemad wasn't really on my radar at all. Looks like he made some weird plays during the final hours though, so it makes sense.

As for Scrafty, it's a shame she's gone, but I half expected that after her cop claim. I wonder if she gave any hints out to who she's looked at before. Not gonna lie, she was top suspect for me. But looking back, her playstyle makes some sense. She was trying to develop a suspect list to investigate at night by prodding people. I don't think her roleclaim came at the best time.

As for today, I don't know why but my feeling is Xam. He has been playing odd the whole game, and he remains very much alive after claiming to drink god know's what a couple days ago. Xam, did you get any notifications last night?
I got nothing
I now theorize that there is indeed a Fruit/Drink Vendor, ESPECIALLY after Weemad's flip

Ty4on

That "need to ask someone else to vote with me" line was intended to be for the Ouro quote.
What do you think of Xam's last vote? If I read the votes correctly from my notes they were at 6/5 after Wee's vote, but it wasn't terribly obvious with Terra's vote going from Salva to Wee.

Ty4on

Thanks make I knew you had it in you.

Can someone post the day 2 table? On mobile now.

Post fire alarm:
HD8TdQU.png

So you see beforehand I didn't trust Roy because I thought there was a Scum Poisoner
But with Weemad's flip, there is already a role (I'd be extremely surprised if it isn't the arso) that knows who the "Mafia" are and can kill them. And if there is an arso (which there is now, unless this is the most elaborate scum plot in the history of ever) then there would probably not be another scum-aligned delayed kill ability.
Basically I trust Roy and therefore admit I was wrong

Burbeting

Banned
What do you think of Xam's last vote? If I read the votes correctly from my notes they were at 6/5 after Wee's vote, but it wasn't terribly obvious with Terra's vote going from Salva to Wee.

Well like I said, it didn't change the vote leader at that point anymore. But on the other hand, those last votes happened in very quick succession, but it's possible that Xam jumped quickly to the bussing-train once he noticed that saving Weemad was going to fail at the last moment.

Why fruit vendor all of a sudden? I thought you drank something and we came to the conclusion that there might be poison in that liquid.
fruit vendor/otherwise a role that wins off of giving drinks for 3 nights or something like that
Probably 1 of 2 neutrals, the other one being the arso

Well like I said, it didn't change the vote leader at that point anymore. But on the other hand, those last votes happened in very quick succession, but it's possible that Xam jumped quickly to the bussing-train once he noticed that saving Weemad was going to fail at the last moment.
You know I hate ties with a passion
So I like to help guarantee they don't happen

Fireblend

Banned
So you see beforehand I didn't trust Roy because I thought there was a Scum Poisoner
But with Weemad's flip, there is already a role (I'd be extremely surprised if it isn't the arso) that knows who the "Mafia" are and can kill them. And if there is an arso (which there is now, unless this is the most elaborate scum plot in the history of ever) then there would probably not be another scum-aligned delayed kill ability.
Basically I trust Roy and therefore admit I was wrong

I'm not sure I follow your logic here.

Ourobolus

Banned
Can we talk about the arso for a sec?

Roy was doused N1.
I was doused N2.

If we assume it's a table-specific ability, these are the only people who were at the same table as me and Roy both nights.

AB
Launch (though I'll assume it's not him for now)
CzarTim
Xam

Guys?

nin1000

Banned

Looking at those who shifted their votes at the day end who is your highest suspect currently?

Burbeting

Banned
Ok, roy wasn't lying. I was doused. Fuck.

If we assume arsonist can only target players in the same table as they are, we have a pretty tiny pool of players for potential arsonists then.

Night 1 - Roy was doused. In the same table (There was the assumed launch table scramble):
AbsolutBro
CzarTim
Kalor
Launchpad
SalvaPot
Gryvan (dead)
Roytheone (doused)
Ourobolus
Xamtheking
RobotNinjaHornets
Karu (dead)

Night 2 - Ouro was doused
Bronx-man (confirmed town)
Roytheone
Ourobolus (doused)
Burbeting
Absolutbro
Launchpad
Fireblend
CzarTim
Xamtheking
Weemad (dead)

So the people who were both nights in the dousing table are:
Roytheone (Claims n1 Douse)
Ourobolus (Claims n2 Douse)
Launchpad
CzarTim
Xamtheking
Absolutbro

Take this with grain of salt though, I think it's more than possible that the arsonist can target universally.

Burbeting

Banned
Welp, Ouro already covered that then.

Xam, any news about the drink you got? No side effects in PM form? Has anyone else been given a drink?

I'm not sure I follow your logic here.
Basically
I thought Roy was lying 100% based on my thoughts that I was poisoned
Now that both I haven't died to what I thought was poison and that there is an Uninvited that can POTENTIALLY KILL fellow Mafia members (accidental dousing) I admit I was wrong

Burbeting

Banned
So the timeline in the end is this:

Terrabyte votes for weemad 4.57PM London Time
Absolutbro votes for weemad 4.58PM London Time
Weemad votes for SalvaPot 4.58PM London Time
Xamtheking votes for weemad 4.59PM London Time

Ty4on

Looking at those who shifted their votes at the day end who is your highest suspect currently?

I... don't really know. I didn't spend enough time looking over it last night and all I did was visualize the votes. It got me trusting Burb because of his early Wee vote which seemed (on the surface at least) to come out of nowhere.

I'm thinking of focusing on Wee's interactions and reading that day end more closely.

Burbeting

Banned
Basically
Now that both I haven't died to what I thought was poison and that there is an Uninvited that can POTENTIALLY KILL fellow Mafia members (accidental dousing) I admit I was wrong

Why do you think that the douser is Uninvited, and not neutral?

Ourobolus

Banned
Why would I, as the aforementioned Arsonist, publicly accuse someone of lying about an Arsonist being in the game for any reason

At the time weemad first posted and said "I'm totally not an arsonist," you jumped on it and voted for them.

Not the strongest of theories, but it's what I've got.

nin1000

Banned
Just a quick thought. Maybe it is only possible for the arsonist to target people NOT on the same table as he currently is. I mean you have to leave all options open guys.

Why do you think that the douser is Uninvited, and not neutral?
Because of the specific wording on the whole "you can be killed by them" bit.
That screams "accidental killing" to me, which is in line with a potential redirect from someone like Launch.
I also think the neutral is a Drink Vendor, ala the drink given to me.

Ty4on

So the timeline in the end is this:

Terrabyte votes for weemad 4.57PM London Time
Absolutbro votes for weemad 4.58PM London Time
Weemad votes for SalvaPot 4.58PM London Time
Xamtheking votes for weemad 4.59PM London Time

I wish we had the seconds, but it's definitly not impossible scum Xam made that as a response if they were on top of things. They might have been the only two scum online as well or whatever they reason they lacked the third last vote to save Wee. Maybe they thought tieing would be too obvious.

Camjo-Z

This makes no sense. If the uninvited was the arsonist, they'd just be dousing mafia and make the game totally pointless if he dies since town can just slowly pick off everyone they doused.

Fireblend

Banned
Basically

It sounds like you're assuming the "lost uninvited" is the douser though (which doesn't make sense because if he/she was he could just avoid his teammastes since he/she knows who they are), or are you arguing that the mafia team could inadvertently douse their lost teammate (which I agree is something that could happen but you're phrasing it in a really weird way)? Also not considering dousing could be a neutral thing. Maybe I'm a little confused? It sounds like there's an assumption in there that you're not presenting as such.

Timeaisis

That screams "accidental killing" to me, which is in line with a potential redirect from someone like Launch.

What wording are you referring to?

Ourobolus

Banned
Just a quick thought. Maybe it is only possible for the arsonist to target people NOT on the same table as he currently is. I mean you have to leave all options open guys.

I'd be surprised if that was the case, but sure. Here are the people that were at Table 1 both nights:

Terra (motion detector)
Time (But Terra already said he didn't move)
BSP
Ty4on
Nin
Camjo

It's less of that line (I've said that as Town) and more of intentionally have part of the post be a limerick
I will not allow any of that shit

Ok, this is weird.

But this is really weird, to me. Like...I have zero proof that Xam is an arsonist, but this just screams to me "oh sweet, a diversion to jump on!"

At the time weemad first posted and said "I'm totally not an arsonist," you jumped on it and voted for them.

Not the strongest of theories, but it's what I've got.
We had this conversation earlier
It wasn't about the "i am not an arsonist" comment as it was about the intentional limerick usage

Burbeting

Banned

Burbeting

Banned

...That "accidental kill" definitely means the Scum Night Kill to me.

This makes no sense. If the uninvited was the arsonist, they'd just be dousing mafia and make the game totally pointless if he dies since town can just slowly pick off everyone they doused.

It sounds like you're assuming the "lost uninvited" is the douser though (which doesn't make sense because if he/she was he could just avoid his teammastes since he/she knows who they are), or are you arguing that the mafia team could inadvertently douse their lost teammate (which I agree is something that could happen but you're phrasing it in a really weird way)? Also not considering dousing could be a neutral thing. Maybe I'm a little confused? It sounds like there's an assumption in there that you're not presenting as such.
These are fair points
I don't know everything
But apparently, we have an arso (unless you think both Ouro and Roy are lying) and someone who gives out drinks (unless you think both me and CzarTim are lying)

Timeaisis

Alright, that's good to be confirmed then at least. But if it isn't poison (since I doubt there is three potential sources of night kills later on), what could it be?

Maybe it really is a fruit juice vendor. No seriously, it could be just a neutral role to create confusion. Sell your drink X times and win or something.

Fuck
I pulled a nin1000 and misread a vital piece of information
Ok so
Lemme adjust
Ok
So the other Uninvited probably isn't the arso
But there is an arso in the game, as well as a drink vendor, unless we are all lying

Ty4on

Not sure if this has been cleared, but to me the scum role PM about the hidden uninvited mentions:
This player cannot be recruited, and can be killed by you.
You seems to obviously be plural and the kill seems to emphasize that they cannot be recruited and you have to figure them out so you don't accidentally kill them. I don't think it confirms Launch's role in any way and certainly doesn't seem to hint at the hidden uninvited having a killing ability.

Fireblend

Banned
I don't know if Xam is legitimately messing up or if this is some reverse psychology shit to make us think he's not scum. Legit disappointed Czar got a drink and that legitimizes Xam's previous claim :p

Top Bottom