• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

Ty4on

I don't believe so, no. I was going to use him to systematically test everyone I'm suspicious of, but if I'm going to die then everyone should at least have someone to trust.
Why not? You made an attempt of this in NV and got called out when it was deemed too cryptic.

Ty4on

I don't really have any good people to vote for now T_T

Salva is another one whom I don't have a strong town read of, but I can understand him from town's perspective much better than from scum's. He was one of the few to doubt Launch and he started the map discussion and didn't just bandwagon on someone else's discussion.

Why not? You made an attempt of this in NV and got called out when it was deemed too cryptic.

Didn't want to take any chances until I absolutely had to. A clever scum could've figured out who I was breadcrumbing and killed them, leaving me with no known elements.

Ty4on

Didn't want to take any chances until I absolutely had to. A clever scum could've figured out who I was breadcrumbing and killed them, leaving me with no known elements.
That doesn't much make sense. You use cleared and uncleared, scum kills cleared, but if uncleared is cleared you have a new cleared or a scum/neutral to lynch.

Burbeting

Banned
I've been writing a reads-list, but I'm not sure if I'm able to finish them all before the day ends, so I'll post now the ones I have ready, and try to finish the others before day ends.

02. Bronx-man [m] – Bronx has been completely absent from this game, although he did chime in a little more of his thoughts after I poked him. Now Scrafty has cleared him as town, and I think she is telling the truth here. What I fear though, is that Bronx will now sit back and not participate in the scum-hunt since he would have the stigma of confirmed town given to him. I hope you start contributing soon more! - TOWN

05. Camjo-Z [m] – Hyper was completely non-entity in this game. However Camjo has taken a pretty active approach from the start, and seems to at least to try and contribute in the scum hunt. With the game kind of… not progressing, I think replacement scum could easily be in the sidelines for the time being with the easy excuse of “I’m not caught up/I’m still confused”, so I do feel better about Camjo. …TOWN?

08. Kalor [m] – Like I noted before, his vote on Gryvan really bothers me, the reasoning was extremely weak. In general, he has been pretty quiet blender in the game so far. Just before posting these reads, he claims Xamtheking, even night commuter. The claim is believable enough, although something about it bugs me. – TOWN…?

09. LaunchpadMcQ [m] – Claims table-scramble. In reality, we don’t actually have any proof about his power usage, but I do feel that he is more likely to be town than not, he has been generally very contributive to the game. Yesterday hunt with gryvan does make him look bit more bad, though. Still, I town read him, like I mentioned IRL yesterday. - TOWN

10. Nin1000 [m] – Like others have mentioned, he has been weird today, doing lot of weird mistakes and inconsistensies. I still stand with him being sincere in spite of this, and I don’t scum read him at the moment. Obviously this doesn’t mean I trust him to be town, but it does mean I wouldn’t lynch him first, for sure.

11. Ourobolus [m] – I read Ouro as scum, but that’s based just on my gut feeling, and I can’t pinpoint anything in his posts that’s necessarily ‘wrong’. I just feel like his posts have this strange manipulative aura, and that he is not being sincere with his posts. It’s like comparing him to nin, who definitely has lot of “wrong” I can point out, but my feelings say that he is town. Ouro in the other hand feels to me the way he was playing in Heist, which definitely bothers me. I also know that it must be bothering to Ouro that he can’t really respond to my suspicions.

13. Roytheone [m] – Roy is a smart owl, but also a very difficult player to read. No matter the game or alignment, he seems to play exactly the same, which bothers me. However, in this game he seems to have taken somewhat more active approach, almost like a town-leader type of role in terms of player interaction. He claims doused in gasoline, and frankly I don’t understand why he would lie about that. Assuming that the possible arsonist is not caught quickly, roy would flip sooner or later, sadly. I do feel better on him being definitely active participant in the scum-hunt, so I would read town on him for now. – SLIGHT TOWN VIBES

14. Salvapot [m] – I’m bothered by Salva’s attitude in this game. It feels like he is not trying much, and he even has admitted it out loud multiple times so far. Although in page 23 he did finally wake up and post pretty good post, I thought it was odd to vote Xam at this point of the game, when we don’t know for sure what his “claim” actually means. The way he praised me felt like odd ass-kissing as well. …SLIGHT SCUM VIBES

15. ScraftyDevil [f] – In early-game, Scrafty was pretty quiet, and not that much contributing in the game, but she seems to be in a busy season with school. Now she has claimed some sort of hybrid-cop, and I doubt scum would actually claim cop, so I do feel her claim to be believable. However, I think it’s odd she claimed bit too early, though, there was quite a lot day left at that time. - TOWN

16. Terrabyte20xx [m] – Claimed some sort of motion detector today. With the map mechanic being set up like this, I think the role is pretty easy to believe to be true. But is it town-aligned motion detector, though? I could see scum having power that could sense Power Roles this way. But then, would scum really kill one of the two people who Scum-motion detector was looking at? Possible, but also foolish. Terra did claim his power absurdly early, since now it’s more or less useless from Town POV. As scum, Terra could have claimed now in order to gain town points. But… I also doubt that other scum would have let him claim this power now. Egh, it’s pretty confusing. What does bother me is that he has faded away from the game after his claim. – SLIGHT TOWN VIBES? BUT MULTIPLE RED FLAGS

19. Weemadarthur [-] – After starting to write these reads, I realized that weemadarhur really bothers me in this game. They are replacing Karu, and have been pretty active since coming to the game, which I appreciate. It was odd how they kept insisting Scrafty being scum, even after she had claimed cop, which I think would be weird for scum to claim (since faking cop who keeps surviving is always very suspicious). Weemad’s reads list is also something that was very… how should I say it? Weird? It’s like weemad wrote a lot in those reads, but nothing of substansial, and more stuff like “I feel like this” without actually giving any context at all in why they feel that way. Something is off here, I wouldn’t mind lynching weemad today. - …SCUM OR NEUTRAL VIBES..?

20. Xamtheking [m] – Xam is posting lots and lots, but not actually saying much of value, instead just clogging the pages with blahblahblah. He is also weirdly aggressive, like when he was shouting people to post more, even though it was apparent that it’s a busy season in schools and universities right now. The way he acts reminds me sort of the way he was in PW, where he was also quite aggressive player. However, he has claimed to have drank “something”. We don’t know what that “something” will actually do to him, lot of people seem to have jumped the gun in assuming poisoner. I guess for now it’ll be a case of wait-and-see with him, but I so definitely scum-read him. – SCUM-VIBES, BUT HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE

roytheone

Well, I said I would claim at 2/3 hours to go if I was a vote leader and I want to give people time to react so here we go.

I'm Xamtheking, Lord of Xamxiety and am an even night commuter. Every other night I get xamxiety and get up from my chair. I almost didn't say if it was odd or even but I'm protected tonight anyway so I would at least live another day if I'm not lynched. Of course as a result of my role I can't exactly give any new information but that's what it is. If people still want to lynch me to prove my role then so be it.

Huh, I am way less convinced of this claim being true then Scrafty her claim. A claimed commuter is not really a danger for scum since they can just not target them, and thus they kinda lost a lot of their value after claiming, making it not that weird if they don't get NK. This is the kind of fake claim I would expect scum to make. I will keep my vote on Kalor.

Burbeting

Banned
I agree with owl, atlhough I do symphatise Kalor's situation if he really is what he claims. Claiming commuter is something scum could easily do, but this thinking also tripped me in WWE, so I don't know...

RetroMG

I have to go run an errand. I should be back before day's end, but if for some reason I am not, Sorian or Swamped will end the day, and I will post results when I return.

19. Weemadarthur [-] – After starting to write these reads, I realized that weemadarhur really bothers me in this game. They are replacing Karu, and have been pretty active since coming to the game, which I appreciate. It was odd how they kept insisting Scrafty being scum, even after she had claimed cop, which I think would be weird for scum to claim (since faking cop who keeps surviving is always very suspicious). Weemad’s reads list is also something that was very… how should I say it? Weird? It’s like weemad wrote a lot in those reads, but nothing of substansial, and more stuff like “I feel like this” without actually giving any context at all in why they feel that way. Something is off here, I wouldn’t mind lynching weemad today. - …SCUM OR NEUTRAL VIBES..?

It's not that weird for me to tunnel on a player. I have never been a bandwagon voter, and I leave my vote on whoever I find scummiest. It's not often that I switch my vote late in the day, but occasionally new information or convincing arguments will sway me. Roy finally offered more than "oh no, a cop claim can't be faked", and I moved my vote to a blender.

You're not the first to say my reads list wasn't good enough. But I'm not sure how to fix it. *shrug* Maybe I need more experience. My reads haven't been too bad through my...two games completed....but I don't think I've quite figured out how to convince Gafia players of my arguments.

If I've got to be voted out, so be it. But it gets to be a lot of mislynches. Anyway, I can't add anything to my play record in this game. Either you think I've been sincere, or you don't. But I promise, I've been more sincere than in batman. :p I'm offering real reads and not pretending to make mistakes. I may be making actual mistakes though.

Man, I woke up to some shit.
I personally think Kalor is telling the truth, so I'm going to keep my vote where it is. Ties are bad, right?

Ourobolus

Banned
How much time left? What's the vote situation?

Just under an hour.

hyperactivity (0)
burbeting 614 (1020)
xamtheking 842 (865)

terrabyte20xx (0)
czartim 629 (802)

scrafty (0)
fireblend 635 (637)

scraftydevil (2)
fireblend 637 (1153)
weemadarthur 881 (1175)
timeaisis 1004
camjo-z 1113

weemadarthur (3)
xamtheking 652 (762)
czartim 805 (1138)
scraftydevil 883
czartim 1155
burbeting 1214

nin1000 (2)
xamtheking 762 (842)
launchpadmcq 773 (1179)
kalor 868 (1143)
xamtheking 950 (961)
xamtheking 972
launchpadmcq 1210

fireblend (1)
robotninjahornets 808

salvapot (3)
terrabyte20xx 830
burbeting 1026 (1214)
ourobolus 1198
fireblend 1205

robotninjahornets (0)
scraftydevil 851 (883)
kalor 1143 (1177)

absolutbro (0)
ourobolus 863 (999)

kalor (3)
roytheone 876
ty4on 947 (1062)
czartim 1138 (1155)
nin1000 1139
weemadarthur 1175
launchpadmcq 1179 (1210)

burbeting (0)
nin1000 915 (1022)

timeaisis (0)
xamtheking 961 (972)

bronx-man (1)
ty4on 1062

xamtheking (1)
salvapot 1123

Sorian

Banned
hyperactivity (0)
burbeting 614 (1020)
xamtheking 842 (865)

terrabyte20xx (0)
czartim 629 (802)

scrafty (0)
fireblend 635 (637)

scraftydevil (2)
fireblend 637 (1153)
weemadarthur 881 (1175)
timeaisis 1004
camjo-z 1113

weemadarthur (3)
xamtheking 652 (762)
czartim 805 (1138)
scraftydevil 883
czartim 1155
burbeting 1214

nin1000 (2)
xamtheking 762 (842)
launchpadmcq 773 (1179)
kalor 868 (1143)
xamtheking 950 (961)
xamtheking 972
launchpadmcq 1210

fireblend (1)
robotninjahornets 808

salvapot (3)
terrabyte20xx 830
burbeting 1026 (1214)
ourobolus 1198
fireblend 1205

robotninjahornets (0)
scraftydevil 851 (883)
kalor 1143 (1177)

absolutbro (0)
ourobolus 863 (999)

kalor (3)
roytheone 876
ty4on 947 (1062)
czartim 1138 (1155)
nin1000 1139
weemadarthur 1175
launchpadmcq 1179 (1210)

burbeting (0)
nin1000 915 (1022)

timeaisis (0)
xamtheking 961 (972)

bronx-man (1)
ty4on 1062

xamtheking (1)
salvapot 1123

gra_1462032000.png

Let me know if votes look wrong on that, I'm not following this game perfectly so I'd be unaware of a cache error in the voting tool on my side.

Edit: You aren't a mod anymore Ouro, go away! :p

Burbeting

Banned
03. BananaSpacePrincess [f] – BSP is one of those players that’s hard to get a good grasp on. She has posted moderate amount, but those posts feel… a little useless? It feels BSP does not really contribute in the general scum hunt that much, and also has disappeared somewhat for the last half of this day, as well. Like, she posts, but those posts aren’t usually related much at all on who she thinks is actually scum, it’s just commenting on some other things. I don’t know if this makes her scum, but like I said, in this environment scum doesn’t really need to try that much. …SLIGHT SCUM VIBES…?

06. CzarTim [m] – Tim has posted a lot, but most of his posts are either funny jokes, or short 1-3 sentences long short inputs on the game. I just feel like that he isn’t trying as much as usual. This bothers me for the reason I mentioned before: Scum could easily just sit on their asses and let the game play out at this state, which makes the way Tim has played so far make feel bit bad about him. Funnily enough though, he has been more contributive even at this state than some. One thing that does bother me is how much he keeps reminding us how he played scum in Danganronpa, almost as if to raise a huge sign of “But hey, I don’t play like that now, so I’m town!” – NEUTRAL, RED FLAGS

12. RobotNinjaHornets [m] – Has been a total non-entity and blender in this game so far. However there seems to be some IRL related issues to it, so I’m giving him a pass… for now, that is. – NOT ENOUGH MATERIAL, NEED TO POST MORE

18. Ty4on [m] – Like Camjo, Ty4on has been actively tried to scum-hunt in an environment where scum could easily just stick around and fake active contributions. Ty is asking right questions, and is definitely one of the better leading forces of the town right now, in my opinion. - …TOWN VIBES?

Still missing reads on Timeaisis, Fireblend and Absolutbro.

There are just so many coincidences in this game I'm struggling to pin anything down. I have serious reservations about N1 actions, because if I knew for sure that Launch scrambled things pre-actions it would answer a LOT of questions. Unfortunately, short of lynching him and seeing his role flip, I have no way of knowing if my suppositions are correct, or simply the result of a seat mixing that I have no way of seeing.

Vote: Fireblend

I still do not like the sudden swing around his vote yesterday. I did not really trust him yesterday, I still do not really trust him. I fully admit I have no real evidence against him, but as I have no real evidence against anyone else either, he gets my vote again.

Burbeting

Banned
I left these three for the last, since I have the shakiest reads on them so far.

01. AbsolutBro [m] – Like I noted Day 1, he was pretty quiet and blender there. Day 2 he has tried more, but the only thing that really has stand out has been him being one of the first ones to spin the Poisoner narrative, and his bit weird stance on it. Other than that, he has been flying under my radar, which is worrying. NEUTRAL, BLENDER.

07. Fireblend [m] – Always be lynching the Fireblender, eh? Hehe. To be actually honest, I do feel Fire has been trying better in this game, than what he was doing in NX and Woof2 where he was scum aligned. There are some problematic things with Fire though, like going for Scrafty even after she claimed cop (I already discussed why I think this is odd behavior in my weemad read). His vote of Gryvan D1 was pretty odd too, since it was placed on basically “lol randomvote” type of reasoning in the first place. NEUTRAL, RED FLAGS

17. Timeaisis [m] – Time has been pretty quiet so far, but that’s pretty normal for his playstyle of giving short, but good remarks about things. However, what does jump up is him mentioning the possibility that someone is poisoning glasses, which partly spun out the narrative that Xam is poisoned. This is interesting especially since he already mentioned the possibility of scum having multiple NK’s already during the first day. I don’t know if this is actually alignment indicative or anything, but it does make me feel uneasy, almost as if Time knows more about the subject than he lets on. – RED FLAGS, OTHERWISE NEUTRAL

Burbeting

Banned
So right now I would be looking at these people in my top scum after re-evaluating everyone:

Ouro (still only based on gut, though)
SalvaPot
Weemad
Xam (But not voting him today due to the claim)
BSP

With Blenders/Red-flag-neutrals:
AbsolutBro
Fireblend

Camjo-Z

I don't buy Scrafty's claim.

First off, this is the easiest time-wasting scum scheme possible. She claims she checked dead townie against live townie, and now she's got free reign to just slowly waste our time going "OK he's town... he's town..." until she finally get lynched at some point.

Secondly, if she actually is a cop with the ability to check two random people against each other (and I'm hoping this is the case since apparently she's not getting lynched today), it would make way more sense to do two different people each day rather than one confirmed + one new. That provides us with a shitload more info in the later parts of the game when maf starts killing people off, as they're pigeonholed into killing a very specific group of people unless they want to reveal more info. And of course, town is free to ignore her investigations and continue lynching whoever they deem scummiest with the added bonus of possibly getting a twofer on some lynches.

That said, I see people would rather vote on a person being actively inactive and intentionally scummy instead of doing any critical thinking. Maf thanks you for your service. They also recommend that Launch and Xam do something about that freaky tumor though, it's really weird the way it attaches them at the hip.

nin1000

Banned
I don't know, killing Salva feels off to me. Even if he has not contributed much up to this point he does not feel like a scum candidate.

roytheone

This sudden surge of votes to Salva does feel odd though. Has Xam even voiced any opinions of salva before that vote?

Agreed, this feels a bit weird. The votes are pretty spread out before that surge, and Between weemad, Salva, Kalor, Nin and scrafty I am pretty sure there is at least one scum, so scum would actually have to put some work in today in order to not get one of them lynched. And I think salva isn't around and hasn't hinted at claiming if he gets in danger of being lynched, so that would be an easy target to try and get lynched since they wouldn't have to fear a sudden role claim and the resulting vote switching.

Top Bottom