• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
gra_1462032000.png

Ty4on

I don't buy Scrafty's claim.

First off, this is the easiest time-wasting scum scheme possible. She claims she checked dead townie against live townie, and now she's got free reign to just slowly waste our time going "OK he's town... he's town..." until she finally get lynched at some point.

Secondly, if she actually is a cop with the ability to check two random people against each other (and I'm hoping this is the case since apparently she's not getting lynched today), it would make way more sense to do two different people each day rather than one confirmed + one new. That provides us with a shitload more info in the later parts of the game when maf starts killing people off, as they're pigeonholed into killing a very specific group of people unless they want to reveal more info. And of course, town is free to ignore her investigations and continue lynching whoever they deem scummiest with the added bonus of possibly getting a twofer on some lynches.

That said, I see people would rather vote on a person being actively inactive and intentionally scummy instead of doing any critical thinking. Maf thanks you for your service. They also recommend that Launch and Xam do something about that freaky tumor though, it's really weird the way it attaches them at the hip.
Thank you. I don't think she's the best option right now and I don't wanna go for Bronx either (Occam's and all that), but I want the pressure to stay on her if she survives the night.

Vote: Kalor

Not super confident, but he was a bit suspicious yesterday and his claim is a simple to fake.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Going down to the wire now, and I still can't decide between Xam and nin on who to lynch.

Ehhhhhhhhh....

VOTE: nin1000

It's not like this even matters, so whatever.

roytheone

Going down to the wire now, and I still can't decide between Xam and nin on who to lynch.

Ehhhhhhhhh....

VOTE: nin1000

It's not like this even matters, so whatever.

A vote always matters. especially when there isn't a clear front runner with 9 votes or something like that.

Ourobolus

Banned
hyperactivity (0)
burbeting 614 (1020)
xamtheking 842 (865)

terrabyte20xx (0)
czartim 629 (802)

scrafty (0)
fireblend 635 (637)

scraftydevil (2)
fireblend 637 (1153)
weemadarthur 881 (1175)
timeaisis 1004
camjo-z 1113

weemadarthur (4)
xamtheking 652 (762)
czartim 805 (1138)
scraftydevil 883
czartim 1155
burbeting 1214
nin1000 1252

nin1000 (1)
xamtheking 762 (842)
launchpadmcq 773 (1179)
kalor 868 (1143)
xamtheking 950 (961)
xamtheking 972 (1238)
launchpadmcq 1210 (1236)
bronx-man 1257

fireblend (2)
robotninjahornets 808
absolutbro 1234

salvapot (5)
terrabyte20xx 830
burbeting 1026 (1214)
ourobolus 1198
fireblend 1205
launchpadmcq 1236
xamtheking 1238

robotninjahornets (0)
scraftydevil 851 (883)
kalor 1143 (1177)

absolutbro (0)
ourobolus 863 (999)

kalor (3)
roytheone 876
ty4on 947 (1062)
czartim 1138 (1155)
nin1000 1139 (1252)
weemadarthur 1175
launchpadmcq 1179 (1210)
ty4on 1254

burbeting (0)
nin1000 915 (1022)

timeaisis (0)
xamtheking 961 (972)

bronx-man (0)
ty4on 1062 (1254)

xamtheking (1)
salvapot 1123

Kalor

I was thinking about voting for weemadarthur but I don't want to cause a tie. Though the surge on Salva is suspicious and might be to draw attention away from someone else.

RetroMG

Day 2 has ended

As the end of the day closed in, the tide of votes shifted furiously. For a while it was Scrafty. Then it was Salva. And finally, it was Weemadarthur.
"And that is that," Retro said, pulling out the dreaded cell phone. "We're ready in here."
Once more, Swamped marched in, and taking Weemad by the arm, she marched right back out.
The room was still, waiting for the screams.
And they began. Long, and loud, and without a whole lot of detail, because Retro was pressed for time.
But at the end, the last words were, "You should have picked me, Swamped..."

Weemadarthur, aka Pop-o-matic, the Nice Guy, has been lynched.

Welcome!

Now let’s see. Your name tag says Karu, but we both know that you are Pop-o-Matic, the Nice Guy!

You are an Uninvited Guest. (That means you are aligned with the Mafia.)

Your fellow Uninvited are: [REDACTED]

There is another Uninvited whose identity is unknown to you. Your identities are known to that player. This player cannot be recruited, and can be killed by you. They will gain the night kill if all of the other Uninvited are killed, and they will attain victory if and when you do.

You aren’t sure why you weren’t invited to the wedding. You’re such a nice guy, and everyone likes you! Maybe it was that time that you asked Swamped out? Nah, couldn’t be.

At any rate, it doesn’t matter - a note was slipped under your door one night with the time and place of the event.

You are a Godfather. This means that if you are investigated, your alignment will always be that of an Invited Guest

You have a night kill, which can be submitted during the night phase by PMing RetroMG with the command KILL: <PLAYER> This will not affect your passive ability.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
You win when the Uninvited equal or outnumber all other players.
Game Thread is here:
Uninvited Thread is here

Good luck, Pop-o-matic!
Final Votes for Day 2
weemadarthur (7)
xamtheking 652 (762)
czartim 805 (1138)
scraftydevil 883
czartim 1155
burbeting 1214
nin1000 1252
terrabyte20xx 1272
absolutbro 1274
xamtheking 1276

salvapot (4)
terrabyte20xx 830 (1272)
burbeting 1026 (1214)
ourobolus 1198
fireblend 1205
launchpadmcq 1236
xamtheking 1238 (1276)
weemadarthur 1275

scraftydevil (2)
fireblend 637 (1153)
weemadarthur 881 (1175)
timeaisis 1004
camjo-z 1113

kalor (2)
roytheone 876
ty4on 947 (1062)
czartim 1138 (1155)
nin1000 1139 (1252)
weemadarthur 1175 (1275)
launchpadmcq 1179 (1210)
ty4on 1254

nin1000 (1)
xamtheking 762 (842)
launchpadmcq 773 (1179)
kalor 868 (1143)
xamtheking 950 (961)
xamtheking 972 (1238)
launchpadmcq 1210 (1236)
bronx-man 1257

fireblend (1)
robotninjahornets 808
absolutbro 1234 (1274)

xamtheking (1)
salvapot 1123

hyperactivity/Camjo-Z (0)
burbeting 614 (1020)
xamtheking 842 (865)

burbeting (0)
nin1000 915 (1022)

robotninjahornets (0)
scraftydevil 851 (883)
kalor 1143 (1177)

timeaisis (0)
xamtheking 961 (972)

bronx-man (0)
ty4on 1062 (1254)

terrabyte20xx (0)
czartim 629 (802)

absolutbro (0)
ourobolus 863 (999)

Day 3 will begin in:
gra_1462204800.png

RetroMG

“And wake up.” Retro called.
Everyone looked around expectantly. “Where is Scrafty?” Ourobolus asked, “I want to know who she investigated last night.”
Retro sighed heavily. “Scrafty was attacked last night. Four ninjas, servants of the Uninvited, burst in. One wielded two katanas. One had a staff. One had two pairs of nunchaku, and the last one had a pair of sai. They accused her of defiling their dojo. The battle was fast and furious. I’ve never seen anything like it. She disarmed the staff user first, and used the staff to knock the sai out of the other guy's hands. She did a spinning leap in the air and smashed both of their heads with the staff. She dropped the staff, grabbed one of the sai, and threw it into the chest of the nunchaku guy, then used the remaining sai to fend off the double katana guy, until she could finally knock one of the katanas out of his hands. Then it was sword against sword, a desperate battle for survival, until at last, with a flying leap, she cut the guy’s head clean off with a single stroke.”
There was a long pause.
“Okay,” Xamtheking said, “So first of all, how come none of us heard any of that?”
Retro blinked at him. “They were ninjas. Ninjas are stealthy.”
“So where is she?” Launchpad asked.
Retro sighed again. “Well, the ninjas were a distraction. A sniper was on the roof of a nearby building, and shot her through the open window with a silenced rifle. Right in the chest.”
The room was silent.
“Bullshit.” Xamtheking said.
“I thought you might say that, so I have evidence.” Retro reached beneath the table, and fished out two large, ripe, melons. One had a large chunk blown out of it.
“Ah ha!” Said the man with the beanie. “I knew they weren’t real!”
Retro shot him an icy glare as he added a dark haired ladies wig to the pile, and the beanie man shut up. “Obviously, this was a disguise that someone was wearing to look like Scrafty. The truth is...”

ScraftyDevil, aka Palmer_v1, keeper of the rules, has died.

Welcome!

Now let’s see. Your name tag says ScraftyDevil, but we both know that you are Palmer_v1, Keeper of the Rules! Nice outfit, Palmer. *snrk*

You are an Invited Guest. (That means you are aligned with the Town.)

You have a sort of sixth sense when it comes to this game. You know when people are breaking the rules, and you know when people are collaborating.

During the night phase, you may PM Retro with the command INVESTIGATE: <Name 1>, <Name 2> You will receive a response that will tell you whether or not those two players are on the same team. You will not be told which team it is. This ability is not limited by proximity. You may choose any two living players. You may not, however, choose yourself.

You win when you have eliminated all threats to the invited guests.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Game Thread is here

Good luck, Palmer!

Day 3 Begins
3nLjuM8.png

Day 3 will end in:
gra_1462464000.png

“If five people died here tonight, where is all the blood?”
“The Bobs cleaned it up.”

Burbeting

Banned
I was thinking about voting for weemadarthur but I don't want to cause a tie. Though the surge on Salva is suspicious and might be to draw attention away from someone else.

"Hey guys I totally think my scum teammate is scum but here is a bs reason why I won't vote them, and even when said reason is no longer valid, I mysteriously disappear."

VOTE: Kalor

Are you scum?

nin1000

Banned
First of all fuck. The cop did not die at the end of day 1 but at the beginning of Day 2 which is almost as bad.

But we got the godfather!! That's a good reason to be cheerful!

By his death pm we even know that there is a lost partner!
All things considered it was a good day.

R.I.P scrafty ofc

Burbeting

Banned
Yesterday's lynch was important, because if Weemad had survived, Scrafty would have most likely checked them. Scum would had let Scrafty live, and then make weemad confirmed town. We would have been in very deep shit then.

Ty4on

Not a big surprise :/
On the bright side Bronx-Man is cleared with Wee being a godfather.

The last minute voting was for once a great thing. I think it's possible none of the Wee voters were scum. In retrospect I had a really poor view of the situation (my last minute "why wee" was partly because I didn't realize she had so many votes), but it didn't feel like she would be lynched until the very end.

Ty4on

First of all fuck. The cop did not die at the end of day 1 but at the beginning of Day 2 which is almost as bad.

But we got the godfather!! That's a good reason to be cheerful!

By his death pm we even know that there is a lost partner!
All things considered it was a good day.

R.I.P scrafty ofc

Lol, I missed this. I pretty much only read the red stuff in the role PMs x.x

Thanks. Interesting that they cannot be recruited.

Burbeting

Banned
Because Weemad was GF, I think Scum was trying their best to save them until the end. This makes me feel better about Nin, Terra and Absolut who'se vote shifts made weemad the vote leader. Xam changed his vote too, but at that point it didn't change the situation.

Fireblend

Banned
Man, that was a crazy way to end the day. I was at a recruiting activity for my company on Saturday, got super busy and missed most of what happened after my last post. I'm almost glad I wasn't here because I honestly don't know if I would have voted for Wee. I'm confident we should be able to get some juicy info today and follow this up with another mafia lynch.

Timeaisis

Well, looks like I missed a whole lot between going to sleep Friday and waking up Saturday morning to a weemad lynch. Didn't get a chance to post Saturday because the day was ending, but looks like you guys chose wisely, anyway. Good work. Honestly, weemad wasn't really on my radar at all. Looks like he made some weird plays during the final hours though, so it makes sense.

As for Scrafty, it's a shame she's gone, but I half expected that after her cop claim. I wonder if she gave any hints out to who she's looked at before. Not gonna lie, she was top suspect for me. But looking back, her playstyle makes some sense. She was trying to develop a suspect list to investigate at night by prodding people. I don't think her roleclaim came at the best time.

As for today, I don't know why but my feeling is Xam. He has been playing odd the whole game, and he remains very much alive after claiming to drink god know's what a couple days ago. Xam, did you get any notifications last night?

Burbeting

Banned
Something interesting to note: After votecount was posted, where weemad was tied in votes with Kalor and SalvaPot, these posts happened.

Ty4on, are you going to keep your vote on Bronx even after the Scrafty claim?

"Uh yeah... I need to find out some way to make sure our GF is not killed..."

VOTE: SalvaPot

Breaking the tie.

"Fuck, need to bump someone else to vote leader, need to ask someone to vote with me."

This day has been full of unnintended consequences
That was no typo
VOTE: SalvaPot

"Fuck, that's what I was saying"

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I just want to publicly apologize to SalvaPot. Nothing happened last night and you were sitting next to me. If Nin is vouching for you, then I am willing to admit that you MIGHT not be scum. Maybe.

Top Bottom