• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

Fireblend

Banned
this "blender" shit is starting to remind me of read list nagging from batman (and that was coming from mafia members whoops) anyway time for the weather forecast

TOP SCUM LIST!
Ourobolus
nin1000
Fireblend

Why do I find them suspicious you ask? I'm just a blendy blender, what do I know? Call it a hunch. Now let's go to our dartboard to see which one we land on... oh, it's Ouro! Eliminating mafia PLUS a doused man? I like it!

VOTE: Ourobolus

I'm suspicious but you're joining me on the Ouro vote? Care to explain this hunch of yours?

nin1000

Banned
Why is eliminating a doused player a good thing? If you really think ourob is scum, you would remove scum incentive to hunt for the arsonist. Also, if the arsonist win condition is to kill a set number of players, he will have to pick a new target to replace ourob, which statistically is more likely to be town then scum.

Your thoughts on Kalor Rnh or Burbeting?

Burbeting

Banned
Hi, I had to write a school project today that was due... yesterday. So I've fallen a little out of the loop since page 31, so I'll read everything new now.

Just to be clear: the plan to lie about his shots came from me. I believe lying about parts of your power and trying to trick scum can be very valuable, see El topo in Batman and me in Volcano Island. There are even powers that are pretty much designed for that. Like, let's say, a commuter. If I were a commuter, I would never claimed that, and instead would claim a power very dangerous for scum, trying to attract a night kill which then would miss. Just truthfully claiming a commuter role completely wastes the power. It's a weird thing to do. Oh, that reminds me:

VOTE: Kalor

I don't believe you are really a commuter Kalor, like I said above, a commuter should never claim his real role. It makes it useless.

I had the similar thoughts when I read Kalors claim from yesterday. Why would someone claim a role like this? And even though he was around at the end of the day he did not cast a vote on Wee.He said he did not want to cause a tie but I don't know... maybe he just did not want to vote out a teammate.

Camjo-Z

Why is eliminating a doused player a good thing? If you really think ourob is scum, you would remove scum incentive to hunt for the arsonist. Also, if the arsonist win condition is to kill a set number of players, he will have to pick a new target to replace ourob, which statistically is more likely to be town then scum.

Well, I guess it comes down to this: do we generally agree that the arsonist is probably either Czar or Absolut? If so, one of them is the best lynch. If we think that the arsonist is not necessarily limited to his table or that those two are unlikely, then trying to hit mafia is a better lynch as there are better odds there.

I'm suspicious but you're joining me on the Ouro vote? Care to explain this hunch of yours?

Well since you asked nicely.

First off, I'm not concerned that one of my suspcious characters is also voting Ouro, because you were the first one on him. There's no risk in that as a scum buddy.

My main reason is because I think night kills are definitely table-limited, and if we look at the possible killers on that table both days we come up with THIS:

Ty4on
Burbeting
Nin1000
Timeaisis
Fireblend
BananaSpacePrincess
Me (wahey!)

Out of those, I cross-checked them with vote patterns.

Ty4on - Fireblend (late), Kalor (late)
Burbeting - Absolut (early), Weemad (mid)
Nin1000 - Karu/Weemad (prod), Weemad (mid)
Timeaisis - Scrafty (early), Scrafty (early)
Fireblend - gryvan (prod), Salva (mid)
BananaSpacePrincess - gryvan (early)

Who's being "safest" with their votes? Both of you waste your vote on D1 with prods to avoid having to take a stand and both of you poke around a bit but ultimately jump to a lynch mid-train on D2. So, you went on my scum list.

What does any of this have to do with Ouro? Nothing, I just think he's probably mafia too.

Burbeting

Banned
Okay. I have no reason to not believe Xam's claim, as at least this claim is actually provable, unlike Launch's, Kalor's and Terrabyte's claims, which are still riding on our goodwill belief (I believe Launch & Terra for the record. Kalor, not so much.). Obviously the question rises if the fire-alarm power is town aligned or not, after what happened on Phoenix Wright I always feel a little wary about things. Still, I want to think Xam is town, at least.

Interesting to note is that if we assume that Arsonist is one of the four discussed earlier, all of the four are on the same table again.

Okay. I have no reason to not believe Xam's claim, as at least this claim is actually provable, unlike Launch's, Kalor's and Terrabyte's claims, which are still riding on our goodwill belief (I believe Launch & Terra for the record. Kalor, not so much.). Obviously the question rises if the fire-alarm power is town aligned or not, after what happened on Phoenix Wright I always feel a little wary about things. Still, I want to think Xam is town, at least.

Interesting to note is that if we assume that Arsonist is one of the four discussed earlier, all of the four are on the same table again.

Wait, what was Kalors claim? I think I missed that

Burbeting

Banned
I'll drop Xam out of my top scum list, and add BananaSpacePrincess & Timeaisis for the tied third spot of "scummy fuckers". They are tied because they are both scummy for the same reason, standing on the sidelines and putting out some easy comments, without actually contributing much and actually engaging in conversation = blending deep.

Burbeting

Banned
Wait, what was Kalors claim? I think I missed that

He claimed even night commuter yesterday.

Well, I said I would claim at 2/3 hours to go if I was a vote leader and I want to give people time to react so here we go.

I'm Xamtheking, Lord of Xamxiety and am an even night commuter. Every other night I get xamxiety and get up from my chair. I almost didn't say if it was odd or even but I'm protected tonight anyway so I would at least live another day if I'm not lynched. Of course as a result of my role I can't exactly give any new information but that's what it is. If people still want to lynch me to prove my role then so be it.

I feel quite confident he is talking bullshit.

Burbeting

Banned
I could believe it commuter claimed some other role in order to make their actual power useful (to make scum actually try to kill them). Kalor didn't do that, he just claimed even night commuter right off the bat. ESPECIALLY since he claimed that on Day 2, which means that the next night was going to be a even night. If he were town, that would basically mean completely negating his power's usefulness.

Ty4on

And if Xam hadn't pulled the fire alarm, he would have been the lone suspect on one table.

There are flaws to that theory, but I still find it interesting.

I think finding the arsonist is the best choice for this phase, as scummy as Kalor is. We could potentially lose 2+ players if we let him off, and I think that this was the crux of his ability, that he could be thwarted by RNG and inspecting the map.

Burbeting

Banned
I think finding the arsonist is the best choice for this phase, as scummy as Kalor is. We could potentially lose 2+ players if we let him off, and I think that this was the crux of his ability, that he could be thwarted by RNG and inspecting the map.

I know it's based on a hunch, but I still want to believe that arsonist can only ignite group that has both town and scum. I just fear that going to the arsonist route will lead to multiple town role claims.

Ourobolus

Banned
I know it's based on a hunch, but I still want to believe that arsonist can only ignite group that has both town and scum. I just fear that going to the arsonist route will lead to multiple town role claims.

Well if it's a traditional arsonist, it can probably ignite multiple times. So two people tonight, then three more three nights from now, etc. They might have a quota but not a limitation on ignitions.

Burbeting

Banned
Well if it's a traditional arsonist, it can probably ignite multiple times. So two people tonight, then three more three nights from now, etc. They might have a quota but not a limitation on ignitions.

You think that in a game of 22 players, the arsonist would have a limit of more than three people?

I know that arsonist is dangerous, heck I too am in the same table with all of the arsonist candidates.

Ourobolus

Banned
You think that in a game of 22 players, the arsonist would have a limit of more than three people?

I know that arsonist is dangerous, heck I too am in the same table with all of the arsonist candidates.

3 or 4 is probably likely, yeah. They may have to get scum, but KK's role was a little different in Woof2 since it was disguised as a gossip. This seems to be a bit more traditional in the sense that he may not have that limitation.

We should go after scum because there is a chance scum can hit the arsonist tonight

They won't risk removing something that will help them remove town from the board, and I would be surprised if they don't go for the one confirmed townie, Bronx. Like, they'd be dumb not to.

Burbeting

Banned
3 or 4 is probably likely, yeah. They may have to get scum, but KK's role was a little different in Woof2 since it was disguised as a gossip. This seems to be a bit more traditional in the sense that he may not have that limitation.

So let's assume the target quota is 4. Where would that leave the game, balance wise?

Players now: 18
Tomorrow (assuming no sheaningans): 16 - 3 douse targets

Players D5: 14 - 4 Douse targets. Ignition, Arsonist leaves
= 9 Players alive

That just feels wrong, balance wise.

Kalor

We should go after scum because there is a chance scum can hit the arsonist tonight

The odds of that happening are really slim. Scum know almost as much as we do in terms of who the arsonist is, though they are able to cut down the possible suspects a little bit.

Ourobolus

Banned
So let's assume the target quota is 4. Where would that leave the game, balance wise?

Players now: 18
Tomorrow (assuming no sheaningans): 16 - 3 douse targets

Players D5: 14 - 4 Douse targets. Ignition, Arsonist leaves
= 9 Players alive

That just feels wrong, balance wise.

It's swingy, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.

Burbeting

Banned
The odds of that happening are really slim. Scum know almost as much as we do in terms of who the arsonist is, though they are able to cut down the possible suspects a little bit.

Interesting for you to jump to the discussion as soon as someone is giving you a way out.

Burbeting

Banned
Quota of 4 for the arsonist feels also wrong because with out the fire alarm, we would have potentially lined the arsonist down to either 1 or 3 already, before Xam's fire alarm.

Fireblend

Banned
Well since you asked nicely.

First off, I'm not concerned that one of my suspcious characters is also voting Ouro, because you were the first one on him. There's no risk in that as a scum buddy.

My main reason is because I think night kills are definitely table-limited, and if we look at the possible killers on that table both days we come up with THIS:

Out of those, I cross-checked them with vote patterns.

Who's being "safest" with their votes? Both of you waste your vote on D1 with prods to avoid having to take a stand and both of you poke around a bit but ultimately jump to a lynch mid-train on D2. So, you went on my scum list.

What does any of this have to do with Ouro? Nothing, I just think he's probably mafia too.

Well, at least that shows some effort. I really doubt the NK is limited in any way TBH, but I guess your thinking checks out given that assumption.

Burbeting

Banned
It's also possible I'm trusting Retro (And Palmer? I think he helped designing this game) too much to not balance this game shittily. But what can you do, I want to trust in their judgement in this case, Occam's Razor and all.

Kalor

Interesting for you to jump to the discussion as soon as someone is giving you a way out.

I was just looking at the thread at the time. If I wanted to focus on the arsonist as a way out I would have a vote on Absolut or Czar but instead I have it on RNH.

Ourobolus

Banned
Quota of 4 for the arsonist feels also wrong because with out the fire alarm, we would have potentially lined the arsonist down to either 1 or 3 already, before Xam's fire alarm.

Well there's an RNG element to this game that pretty difficult to balance around. Eventually someone will get figured out, and in theory, we could have had one candidate for arsonist at the start of D3 if only one person had ended up staying at the same table both nights.

Burbeting

Banned
Why would you suspect RNH? Terrabyte reported no movement from him or Salva.

To be honest, I wouldn't give too much flack to Terra's power anymore, he had claimed D2. Obviously scum would evade moving those members of their team, who are located next to Terra. That's why I think him claiming so early was ultimately not a gain for town.

To be honest, I wouldn't give too much flack to Terra's power anymore, he had claimed D2. Obviously scum would evade moving those members of their team, who are located next to Terra. That's why I think him claiming so early was ultimately not a gain for town.

Fair enough. I've come off RNH after my post day 1 calling him suspicious. Don't ask me why.

roytheone

Your thoughts on Kalor Rnh or Burbeting?

Kalor my opinion is ready to find. I explained multiple times why he is my top scum candidate.

Bear is playing now like I would expect him to play. That doesn't mean a scum Burb couldn't do that, but I feel him as town for now.

RNH is a null read. Will have to look back at his posts.,

Ourobolus

Banned
I still think lynching Kalor is the best bet, even if it means that I'll get pretty likely doused tonight.

I'm pretty sure the arso will ignite tonight if they don't have that limitation on multiple ignitions, since we're actively discussing it. He may not need to be at the same table to ignite, like we are assuming for the dousing.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm pretty sure the arso will ignite tonight if they don't have that limitation on multiple ignitions, since we're actively discussing it. He may not need to be at the same table to ignite, like we are assuming for the dousing.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that igniting wouldn't depend on the tables. Roy and I are at separate tables now.

Kalor

He's been busy so there's not a lot to go off but most of what he posted has been very general, not saying much that went against the general opinion. He went after Fireblend on D1 and start of D2 but that was generally a safe opinion to have at the time after his tunneling on gryvan.

roytheone

Well, I guess it comes down to this: do we generally agree that the arsonist is probably either Czar or Absolut? If so, one of them is the best lynch. If we think that the arsonist is not necessarily limited to his table or that those two are unlikely, then trying to hit mafia is a better lynch as there are better odds there.

My remark was not referring to scum hunting vs arsonist hunting, but you picking the doused player from your suspicious list. That isn't logical to me. If he is the most suspicious maybe, but if they are all evenly suspicious, why pick the one that will probably die soon anyway?

Fireblend

Banned
Yeah RNH is a total null to me. I can't even suspect him for voting me because I was being very hostile D1 and there was no clear lynch target on D2.

Fake edit: I was looking at previous posts and Salva said:
I think we should look into RNH, I am suspicious of the way weemad went out of his way to have Kalor unvote him. Seemed to me like he tried to avoid a teammate gaining traction.

Vote: RobotNinjaHornets

If I missed anything important, let me know.

When did the bolded happen? Maybe worth looking into.

Burbeting

Banned

I remember that happen, however I don't think RNH had almost any real traction in votes at that time. So why ask for deletion of just one vote, when at that time RNH wasn't really that viable vote winner...?

Kalor

Yeah RNH is a total null to me. I can't even suspect him for voting me because I was being very hostile D1 and there was no clear lynch target on D2.

Fake edit: I was looking at previous posts and Salva said:

It's this.

Your points are extremely convincing to me, Roy. Thank you.

I will therefore move my vote to my next scum candidate.

He clearly stated he won't have internet until Sunday. If he isn't extremely contributive on day three, I will absolutely join this vote. But you're parking a useless prod vote just like Scrafty did.

Vote: kalor

Camjo-Z

My remark was not referring to scum hunting vs arsonist hunting, but you picking the doused player from your suspicious list. That isn't logical to me. If he is the most suspicious maybe, but if they are all evenly suspicious, why pick the one that will probably die soon anyway?

you have your answer amigo

SalvaPot

I missed the part where terra cleaned RNH, I was too focused on myself.

If we are on a Ouro vs Kalor situation, I feel far more strongly about Ouro. He is doused, but I also feel he is scum, if the arsonist needs to fulfill a quota to win, then lynching a doused player will get him farther from his goal.

In an ideal world, the arsonist will die before igniting the players. The fact that Ouro was doused does not absolve him from getting lynched today in the hopes that the arso gets him later on, and it doesn't confirm him as town either.

Kalor was clashing heads with weemad enough for me to believe they are not teammates, but of course there is a chance he is the arsonist or a planned disagreement to confuse town, there is also the fact that he refused to vote weemad out "to avoid a tie"

Taking all this in consideration...

Vote: Ourobolus

roytheone

If we are on a Ouro vs Kalor situation, I feel far more strongly about Ouro. He is doused, but I also feel he is scum, if the arsonist needs to fulfill a quota to win, then lynching a doused player will get him farther from his goal.

This could backfire though. Let's say the quota is three and ourob is scum. If we lynch ourob, the arsonist needs to replace that one, and most likely hit town. If we don't find him before he ignites, we could lose 3 townies instead of two. Plus, if ourob is scum, scum will now actively be hunting for the arsonist too.

Top Bottom