• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

Ourobolus

Banned
Ok, we've basically dwindled down our table to 4 non-town/neutral.

Ty4on (claims ordinary)
Burb
CzarTim
AB

There's probably an arsonist and scum among them. It's pretty good odds.
So I'm going for AB out of self-preservation, but if I'm wrong Tim is next on my list tomorrow, if I survive.

roytheone

Hmm, that is interesting. I believe Ourob, if this was a fake claim it would be weird he come up with the two drinks thing, no reason to add that. Maybe if we keep seeing only one drink every day I will become suspicious, but not yet. It is interesting Xam still got his drink though, even though Launch claims to have shuffled those powers around. What is the chance of that, 20%? Ourob says he trusts Launch because of this, but I still think there is a decent chance launch is the arsonist that is hiding behind his claim.

Also, something I was wondering: Is it possible the activity that Nin sensed on night 1 was Timeaisis being "targeted" by Terra his power? And Terra sensed both Nin "targeting" Timeaisis and scum targeting KK? Nin/Terra, do you guys think you can set each others powers off?

Timeaisis

Also, something I was wondering: Is it possible the activity that Nin sensed on night 1 was Timeaisis being "targeted" by Terra his power? And Terra sensed both Nin "targeting" Timeaisis and scum targeting KK? Nin/Terra, do you guys think you can set each others powers off?

I was wondering this, myself. I'm not sure a that would count as "motion", though.

Burbeting

Banned
It's possible that RNH received the drink, and simply hasn't told us because he has been so out of the loop in this game. However, that would put Launch's claim in jeopardy.

Out of the people in the same table N1, only Karu -> weemadarthur is dead.

Burbeting

Banned
For names, we can't be 100% sure yet. Pop was scum role, and while I wasn't expecting him to be scum, he did roll the role in Final Fantasy.

Camjo-Z

ahahahahahahahaha

Q: what is the point of a role that just gives out drinks and has no negative or positive effect on mafia/town
A: none

If you think Ouro is telling the entire truth then you're just plain gullible.

ahahahahahahahaha

Q: what is the point of a role that just gives out drinks and has no negative or positive effect on mafia/town

I don't think he is, but he's also not the one that's going to make 2-3 people spontaneously combust.

ahahahahahahahaha

THERE HAS ALREADY BEEN A ROLE LIKE THAT
But you weren't around I think so I will give you a small pass

ahahahahahahahaha

It would not be the first pointless role in a GAFia game.

Burbeting

Banned
ahahahahahahahaha

We have had that role in game before, though...

But it's not first time you are saying that someone roleclaiming is lying... except that in Scrafty's case she seems to have told the truth.

Camjo-Z

We have had that role in game before, though...

But it's not first time you are saying that someone roleclaiming is lying... except that in Scrafty's case she seems to have told the truth.

Hey, if the majority wants to believe Ouro then I won't argue. Just thought I'd get it out there.

(btw i think the person trying to get a kalor lynch going because he doesn't believe the commuter claim should probably not be pointing fingers... wahey!)

roytheone

I think Xam in PW was the only one to have that, though?

I gave Weemad fake names to claim in batman, since the name "Hugo Strange" would NEVER be believed to be town. However, I wouldn't have given camjo a fake claim if he transformed into red hood since "Jason Todd" could be believed as town.

ahahahahahahahaha

There was Sorian in NX. But you do remind me of something: Ourob, do you HAVE to give drinks to all players to win, or do you have a survivor win like Sorian did in NX?

Ourobolus

Banned
Here are my thoughts on the drink situation:

The four people under suspicion are Xam, Launch, Czar, and AB, since they were at Table 2 both nights. Yes, I'm speculating that the roles in question are table-specific, much like mine, or player-adjacent, like the motion detectors.

N1: I targeted Xam and RNH. Xam still got his drink, but no idea where the second one went.

N2: I targeted CzarTim and Fireblend. Czar got his drink, and Fireblend didn't. Fireblend was surrounded by Launch and Czar that night. Launch is already claiming switcher, so I doubt he has the secondary ability to block players from being affected by actions, if that is in fact what is in play here, but somehow Fireblend did not receive my drink. That makes me think Czar might have an ability to do that to adjacent players. Xam was on the other side of Czar, but he has a day ability, so it might not be affected.

Now, this is purely speculation, but it's one of the reasons I'm thinking AB over Czar. Now Launch is still a bit suspicious in my mind, namely because I still don't have a way to confirm that my drinks got where they were supposed to go, and Xam still got his - which is improbable, but definitely not impossible due to the RNG.

I gave Weemad fake names to claim in batman, since the name "Hugo Strange" would NEVER be believed to be town. However, I wouldn't have given camjo a fake claim if he transformed into red hood since "Jason Todd" could be believed as town.

Only after I asked for some! Mutter, mutter....

Ourobolus

Banned
There was Sorian in NX. But you do remind me of something: Ourob, do you HAVE to give drinks to all players to win, or do you have a survivor win like Sorian did in NX?

I have to give all LIVING players a drink. So if I give a drink to someone that later dies, they don't count. Surviving doesn't matter, because if one side wins before I satisfy my win condition, I lose.

nin1000

Banned
Hmm, that is interesting. I believe Ourob, if this was a fake claim it would be weird he come up with the two drinks thing, no reason to add that. Maybe if we keep seeing only one drink every day I will become suspicious, but not yet. It is interesting Xam still got his drink though, even though Launch claims to have shuffled those powers around. What is the chance of that, 20%? Ourob says he trusts Launch because of this, but I still think there is a decent chance launch is the arsonist that is hiding behind his claim.

No, just no. Don't even try.

Here are my thoughts on the drink situation:

The four people under suspicion are Xam, Launch, Czar, and AB, since they were at Table 2 both nights. Yes, I'm speculating that the roles in question are table-specific, much like mine, or player-adjacent, like the motion detectors.

N1: I targeted Xam and RNH. Xam still got his drink, but no idea where the second one went.

N2: I targeted CzarTim and Fireblend. Czar got his drink, and Fireblend didn't. Fireblend was surrounded by Launch and Czar that night. Launch is already claiming switcher, so I doubt he has the secondary ability to block players from being affected by actions, if that is in fact what is in play here, but somehow Fireblend did not receive my drink. That makes me think Czar might have an ability to do that to adjacent players. Xam was on the other side of Czar, but he has a day ability, so it might not be affected.

Now, this is purely speculation, but it's one of the reasons I'm thinking AB over Czar. Now Launch is still a bit suspicious in my mind, namely because I still don't have a way to confirm that my drinks got where they were supposed to go, and Xam still got his - which is improbable, but definitely not impossible due to the RNG.

If we're talking probability here, I think it's more likely my ability worked the way it did and your drink was given to someone else than the circumstances which blocked Fireblend from receiving his happened twice. There are few common denominators between the two instances.

Timeaisis

So someone probably did receive a drink on N1 instead of RNH but just never spoke up about it.

Ouro, can you share your drinks across tables or no?

SalvaPot

So that is another role that needs to be right next to his target to affect them. Hmm.

Yeah I agree that the arsonist should be next to the target to douse, but can trigger anywhere. If he/she has to hit a target of 3 players, this would be a fine way to balance it out.

I... am very surprised I nailed Ouro's claim, if this was it why didn't you said anything earlier, ouro, the drink conversation took a lot of time from town and it could have help us earlier on the day to talk about someone else. Or did you just liked my guess and ran with it?

I hope you can prove the 2 drinks ability because that is going to be vital in me believing you.

Unvote

Ourobolus

Banned
So that is another role that needs to be right next to his target to affect them. Hmm.

Yeah I agree that the arsonist should be next to the target to douse, but can trigger anywhere. If he/she has to hit a target of 3 players, this would be a fine way to balance it out.

I... am very surprised I nailed Ouro's claim, if this was it why didn't you said anything earlier, ouro, the drink conversation took a lot of time from town and it could have help us earlier on the day to talk about someone else. Or did you just liked my guess and ran with it?

I hope you can prove the 2 drinks ability because that is going to be vital in me believing you.

Unvote

I had considered claiming on D2, but if Xam had died during N2 I would have been up shit creek.

Ourobolus

Banned
Here, I'll even tell you. I will target Ty4on and SalvaPot tonight. Supposing there's no switcher or anything involved, they should both receive a drink.

Ty4on

I imagine my drinks take place before the kill, so you'd still "receive" the drink, but you wouldn't be around to tell me about it.
Lynched, not night killed. If the tide turns I imagine you'll inform everybody, but we could also have an overrider.

So, I have an important question.

Our win condition says "You win when you have eliminated all threats to invited guests."

Are you a threat, Ouro?

Ourobolus

Banned
So, I have an important question.

Our win condition says "You win when you have eliminated all threats to invited guests."

Are you a threat, Ouro?

Considering I can't kill anyone or do anything to disrupt a kill, then I don't think so. My win condition specifies that I can win by drinking with everyone, or simply lose if I don't do that before either Town or Mafia wins.

roytheone

It would be weird if we also needed to remove ourob to win, since if all killers are gone, we would just no lynch every day until ourob achieves his win condition and leaves. That would be dumb.

Top Bottom