• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

CzarTim

What's even stranger is that he came up with this plan with Bronx and Nin to not ignite, and then he tries to ignite. Like, what? Even if he's telling the truth, how do you trust this guy? lol

Really, this looks like a half-cocked fake roleclaim that he spun up to get us to move on from the arso and ignore him, seeing as how the arso had doused 2 non-scums already. He saw that no one had claimed to be doused then ran with it. However, it backfired because we don't want to lose Roy or Ouro and the arso isn't a role we can just trust with no reservations.
Yup to the first point

To the second, I'm not so sure. We need to lynch oreo at some point anyway. I had a light town read on Roy, but that has faded as time's gone on. Either way, there's no reason to let this go on.

Ty4on

Who was targeted n1? Did I miss that?
He didn't target anyone. He claimed that Hyper tried suicide by targeting himself and instead the target was chosen by RNG. I've asked him to clarify with Retro (or any of the other mods seeing that Retro will be busy today) whether or not that meant he effectively targeted Hyper or just ended up hitting Hyper.

Camjo-Z

Cam claiming to be on our side now and not even answering a simple question lol

I'm doing mother's day stuff, sorry. But Retro did PM me saying Hyper was told he couldn't douse himself and Roy was RNG picked when he didn't send in an alternate choice.

CzarTim

He didn't target anyone. He claimed that Hyper tried suicide by targeting himself and instead the target was chosen by RNG. I've asked him to clarify with Retro (or any of the other mods seeing that Retro will be busy today) whether or not that meant he effectively targeted Hyper or just ended up hitting Hyper.

Yes, that's what I meant. I asked this yesterday and I am saying he is not being helpful for someone (quite belligerently) claiming he is being helpful. If he had said "I asked the mods" it'd be one thing, but he is just being defensive and insulting.

CzarTim

I'm doing mother's day stuff, sorry. But Retro did PM me saying Hyper was told he couldn't douse himself and Roy was RNG picked when he didn't send in an alternate choice.

Ok then, thank you.

Now for the millionth time, Seath did you get a drink on night one?

roytheone

So I was targeted by RNG. And then launch did his thing but I still got doused. And xam got targeted by Ourob, but still got his drink. Someone between you, Ourob and launch have to be lying, the chance that two people that got targeted on table 2 got targeted again despite launch his power is negligible at best.

CzarTim

So I was targeted by RNG. And then launch did his thing but I still got doused. And xam got targeted by Ourob, but still got his drink. Someone between you, Ourob and launch have to be lying, the chance that two people that got targeted on table 2 got targeted again despite launch his power is negligible at best.
Yuuuup

Timeaisis

There's just something really fishy about this whole roleclaim... I just don't buy it. I still think AB could be the arso.

I mean, let's say you're the roleblocker, right? You probably want to intercept the arso, so you go for the likeliest suspects based on what was discussed in the previous day phase (AB or Tim). You don't go for Camjo unless you are deaf to all the discussion we've had in this game, or if you have a really strong vendetta against him for some reason. I mean, if it's table restricted, ok I would understand. The RB is sitting in table 1. But he still has a bunch of other options there that are sketchy (albeit, Camjo was the sketchiest) that I find it improbable that the RB would target Camjo, or at least as probable as others. But again, that's an if. I would be shocked if the RB is table restricted in this game; it would not feel very balanced because he/she wouldn't be able to help half the players at any given time. I would expect something extra to give them a leg up.

What's even stranger is that he came up with this plan with Bronx and Nin to not ignite, and then he tries to ignite. Like, what? Even if he's telling the truth, how do you trust this guy? lol

Really, this looks like a half-cocked fake roleclaim that he spun up to get us to move on from the arso and ignore him, seeing as how the arso had doused 2 non-scums already. He saw that no one had claimed to be doused then ran with it. However, it backfired because we don't want to lose Roy or Ouro and the arso isn't a role we can just trust with no reservations.

So you think Camjo is just a misguided town who pulled this gambit so we could move on to scum hunting? I don't buy that. Surely, he'd know we'd talk the hell out of this roleclaim.

And the biggest bullshit is that Retro is obligated to state every action Hyper took, and yet he'd saying he doesn't know who Hyper targeted.

Riiiiight.

@Time: no, I'm saying he's scum

nin1000

Banned
So you think Camjo is just a misguided town who pulled this gambit so we could move on to scum hunting? I don't buy that. Surely, he'd know we'd talk the hell out of this roleclaim.

Since Burb insists on not moving or not being targeted.

Can you tell us more about yourself Time ? I know you hvae been kind ofthere but not really there so. Hi.

I did. My day where I have to rest gets bumped a day earlier.
So now you have to lick give everyone a drink, AND rest after so many drinks? If true, this is genuinely one of the dumbest neutral roles I have ever heard of.

Why would Launch claim a role unprovoked, that would be easy to prove to be false, though?
Because it wouldnt be easy to prove false. Proving false would require a town PR to out themselves and admit that they have a power that targets; the chief options for that are doctor or cop. Not exactly roles that are going to jump at the chance to out themselves.

There's just something really fishy about this whole roleclaim... I just don't buy it. I still think AB could be the arso.
Of course you do.

Launch, did AB break his hand giving you a knuckle sandwich to the face?
You're so adamant about him being the arso.
Gotta admit, I laughed.

And the biggest bullshit is that Retro is obligated to state every action Hyper took, and yet he'd saying he doesn't know who Hyper targeted.

Ourobolus

Banned
Ok. We are getting way off topic here, so I may as well just nip this in the bud.

I've been the one handing out drinks. I am Cabot, the Glaswegian. Every night, I choose two people who are adjacent to each other at my table and get a round of drinks for BOTH of them.

N1 I targeted Xam and RobotNinjaHornets, but other than Xam still somehow getting his drink, I have no idea who received the other one due to what I assume was Launch's swapping shenanigans.

N2 I targeted CzarTim and Fireblend. Fireblend hasn't mentioned getting a drink, so if he didn't, I have no idea where it went or if it was stopped/blocked, or what. Fire, can you check your PMs to make sure you did or didn't receive it?

The drinks don't do anything other than marking who I have targeted. Xam and Czar aren't going to die (well, not by me, at least). Salva pretty much nailed it in his earlier post. I'm basically a cowlicker
goddammit, Sorian
. I'm neutral. I win when I manage to give all living players a drink. Every few nights I have to take a break from drinking so I can rally and get back to it the next night.

So yes, I have a vested interest in finding out who the arsonist is.

My confusion is this. Each night, one of my drinks somehow went into the aether. No idea who got them.

I must have missed this, but what do you mean break night?

So now you have to lick give everyone a drink, AND rest after so many drinks? If true, this is genuinely one of the dumbest neutral roles I have ever heard of.

I don't know why you guys are being so obtuse. I said it when I revealed.

nin1000

Banned
One LEGIT question to you launch. I hope you cannot dissapoint me there.

Night2 got solved in my book. It was either Camjo or Ty4on who moved.
Since Camjo Claimed saying he is the arsonist. Its pretty clear for me to get rid of him.
He did not kill those he wanted to kill because he got "blocked".

here comes the question though.

Day1 s still up in the air. Burb insists that he did not move on N1 since he claimed to be a commuter on even nights. That leaves Timeaisis on the Chopping block.

What are your thoughts on this situation ?

it seems that you never thought about it so i will force you to choke on it.

I would rather say that your name is the stupidest thing but well. Back to Camjo then ?

One LEGIT question to you launch. I hope you cannot dissapoint me there.

Night2 got solved in my book. It was either Camjo or Ty4on who moved.
Since Camjo Claimed saying he is the arsonist. Its pretty clear for me to get rid of him.
He did not kill those he wanted to kill because he got "blocked".

here comes the question though.

Day1 s still up in the air. Burb insists that he did not move on N1 since he claimed to be a commuter on even nights. That leaves Timeaisis on the Chopping block.

What are your thoughts on this situation ?

it seems that you never thought about it so i will force you to choke on it.

You are lying man. LIAR!

Nin, you're kind of out of control here man.

To answer your question to me: Wow, Burb is insisting on something; must make it legit.
/s
I have no idea what to think of that situation because I have no information about it. I don't know why I have to choke on it if it has nothing to do with me. Am I missing something?

Quote about Hyper raging

Yeah, that doesn't really add up either. Hyper just ragequitting? When has anyone ever done anything like that?

And Roy was chosen by Retro as Hyper's action? That says my ability didn't happen.

roytheone

Riiiiight.

@Time: no, I'm saying he's scum

He actually clarified that a few post before this one:

This sounds to me like I got RNG'd doused before your claimed action went in effect, and after that action.....I was still doused.

nin1000

Banned
Nin, you're kind of out of control here man.

To answer your question to me: Wow, Burb is insisting on something; must make it legit.
/s
I have no idea what to think of that situation because I have no information about it. I don't know why I have to choke on it if it has nothing to do with me. Am I missing something?

Yeah, that doesn't really add up either. Hyper just ragequitting? When has anyone ever done anything like that?

And Roy was chosen by Retro as Hyper's action? That says my ability didn't happen.

Ok, nice to hear that Burb aswell as Time are still on your place. Just wanted to be sure.

He actually clarified that a few post before this one:

This sounds to me like I got RNG'd doused before your claimed action went in effect, and after that action.....I was still doused.

Looks at Batman. Well............

Alright, well, I don't really have to prove this guy is lying about his role; we should lynch it just based on what he's told us.

Ok, nice to hear that Burb aswell as Time are still on your place. Just wanted to be sure.

OK.

Burbeting

Banned
I'm just confused why Nin keeps insisting that seat activity means person sitting there is scum, when:

a) They could be a town PR moving
b) They were targeted by some other power during that night.

Yet nin keeps making the assumption that the people sitting are scum. My thoughts are that the power is right now (as in: as we get more information, it might become more important) very hard to judge.

You will have to take up why Hyper left with Hyper. I can only go off what is in game.

As for how Roy got targeted, if Launch shifted table 2 on N1 like he said, and Hyper tried to target himself (illegal according to Camjo), it is possible Retro did not bother to RNG a first target, scramble, and then RNG again. If the arsonist targets by person, as seems to be the case, and has no range limit, as seems to be the case, then there is no reason that Launch scrambling table 2 would have any impact on the RNG choice of Roy as the douse target for N1. It targets a person, and has no range.

The table scrambling abilities seem to literally only mess with our 1-seat-away passive players: Bronx's gossip chat, Kalor's passive anti-passive aura, and Nin/Terra for their motion detectingness.

You will have to take up why Hyper left with Hyper. I can only go off what is in game.

As for how Roy got targeted, if Launch shifted table 2 on N1 like he said, and Hyper tried to target himself (illegal according to Camjo), it is possible Retro did not bother to RNG a first target, scramble, and then RNG again. If the arsonist targets by person, as seems to be the case, and has no range limit, as seems to be the case, then there is no reason that Launch scrambling table 2 would have any impact on the RNG choice of Roy as the douse target for N1. It targets a person, and has no range.

The table scrambling abilities seem to literally only mess with our 1-seat-away passive players: Bronx's gossip chat, Kalor's passive anti-passive aura, and Nin/Terra for their motion detectingness.

No, I don't believe that at all.

If Retro did an RNG to determine a target, then there was a target then a switch. Camjo should have a list of all the targets, not the results.

roytheone

I already explained why I think that would be mad moderating and thus very unlikely:

Retro should have 100 % revealed that X to hyper/camjo. If you RNG an input command for someone for whatever reason, you tell that person what the result was of that RNG. It would be weird for that person not to know the action he send in that night, wouldn't it? That the target got RNG'd again after that because of some role is irrelevant to that. Hell, it may even make it MORE IMPORTANT to tell hyper/camjo their original target, since they can't figure it out themselves thanks to Launch his role. Their original X target is information they have a right to, and can use to figure out if Launch is lying or not, it is not irrelevant information at all. Denying them that would be weird and unfair. And I don't think Retro is unfair (but he is weird ;)

Yet nin keeps making the assumption that the people sitting are scum. My thoughts are that the power is right now (as in: as we get more information, it might become more important) very hard to judge.

I would have to look over your claimed role list again, but so far other than Scrafty the town PRs that I can think of have all been passive ones that dont require night actions. At least one person moving around at night will almost always be scum (the NK, unless scum decide to skip for whatever reason). We have several moving neutrals though, with apparently non-dangerous powers (since Hyper originally had no ignite it seems?), which seem tailor made to mess with motion detectors (ala sleepwalkers).

I already explained why I think that would be mad moderating and thus very unlikely:

Exactly. I don't think Retro would do anything even remotely similar to this.

Camjo is lying out of his ass guys. We're still going to have an arso on the loose when this is over. Mark me.

Top Bottom