• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

Ourobolus

Banned
Would an Ourobolus lynch be a decent idea? For me the drinks are a big part of why I'm giving Launch the benefit of the doubt, but we don't know what Ouro really is. Even if Ouro isn't lying his win condition could make him vote against us in late game.

I understand that this is a concern if we end up in MYLO/LYLO, but I know just as much about who is who as you do. Besides, thanks to Launch's shenanigans I still need 5 more nights (+1 rest in between) in order to get there (though my math could be wrong, it really depends on who I hit and who is lynched/killed), and that's seemingly becoming more and more difficult as this game progresses.

Ourobolus

Banned
Anyway, with Launch's flip, I'll go back to BSP. She's not really doing much, and I get the feeling we are just going to revisit this topic every day phase until she's gone or she suddenly comes out and proclaims she has a King role.

Vote: Bananaspaceprincess

Splinter didn't help develop this game right

Fireblend

Banned
Well, I lean towards trusting Launch because his explanation fits with me never getting that drink Ouro sent me, along with fitting in with some other events we hadn't completely cleared up. His fake claim and all the lying sounds bad, but it seems to have paid off reasonably well if he's now telling the truth, and we're in a good enough position that we can back on that later and let him live another day, if scum doesn't get to him first. I'm sticking with my BSP vote for now.

Launch: Why were you so adamant about defending Fireblend D1 in favour of Gryvan? That still seem really weird to me.

I don't remember defending Fireblend, but I remember that I asked people to solidify their votes behind a single lynch candidate to avoid shenanigans. That should tell you what you need to know about that action :p

That's because most jailors also have a private chat with the person they jailed during the night, so they have to put it in during the day for that to work.

I don't have that. I wish I did.

Also, I was hoping to get next to Bronx and confess my sins to someone I trusted, but that never got to happen.

Also AbsolutBro, people were suspicious of Camjo being scum, not town PR.

Yes, but flip that around for scum. They know he's not scum; if he's town PR and you have a scum RB, you would block him to see what shakes loose.

Conversely, and this is going to sound wild, let's say you know that Camjo is the arsonist from another source, let's say a gossip chat. And let's say you know one of your scum buddies is about to he ignited and you have an RB on your team...

No, my point was not that you did, my point was that that could have happened when you made the fake claim. Like ty4on pointed out, you didn't know which powers were in the game at that point. So you took the risk that you could have confused our PR when making the fake claim.

Whut? I say that I doubt a scum would add that detail instead of going for the more safe "night command" jailor claim, even pointing towards a post that makes me believe you slightly more.

As I said, I was playing it by ear. If someone was getting a mistaken read, something conclusive, I would have come clean.

I'm just making a joke.

Launch, do me a favor and use that unspoken townie bond to telepathically let me know who you are jailing so I don't waste another drink.

begins silently nodding

You already know.

it's you

roytheone

Even though I am still distrustful of launch, maybe it will be a good idea to let him live at least one night just to see how scum reacts on him. If he is town, scum would want to kill him for sure, even a suspicious jailor is still a danger for scum. If he is scum, his survival will become suspicious very soon. Either way, we would get some more clarity about this whole situation, and if he is speaking the truth we will get extra use out of his jailor power. I think we have 3 scum left max, and I doubt we will see more then one kill per night, so we have the luxury to take these kind of risks.

unvote

I understand that this is a concern if we end up in MYLO/LYLO, but I know just as much about who is who as you do. Besides, thanks to Launch's shenanigans I still need 5 more nights (+1 rest in between) in order to get there (though my math could be wrong, it really depends on who I hit and who is lynched/killed), and that's seemingly becoming more and more difficult as this game progresses.

This is actually something that worries me. Since you are quite far from winning, I fear that you will try and prolong the game by helping scum if we hit another one soon. If you were super close to winning, that wouldn't be a problem.

nin1000

Banned
Launch. After BSP getting lynched. Who would be your next lynch candidate? I know I am repeating myself but time gives me the creeps.

Ourobolus

Banned
This is actually something that worries me. Since you are quite far from winning, I fear that you will try and prolong the game by helping scum if we hit another one soon. If you were super close to winning, that wouldn't be a problem.

It's like you didn't even read my first sentence.

Launch. After BSP getting lynched. Who would be your next lynch candidate? I know I am repeating myself but time gives me the creeps.

Any of the four I think could have done the roleblock on Camjo:

Time
Roy
Fireblend
RNH

Also, my mistake, the one that had no activity was RNH, not Fireblend. I'd look at both to be sure

I don't remember defending Fireblend, but I remember that I asked people to solidify their votes behind a single lynch candidate to avoid shenanigans. That should tell you what you need to know about that action :p
Fair enough. The very aggressive push for Gryvan felt like a defense of Fireblend is all.

roytheone

Since I need to go to work soon:

VOTE: bananaspaceprincess

She posts so little that we don't have a lot to go on with her, her lack of voting makes that only worse. And with the game slowly nearing it's end phase, that will become a bigger and bigger problem. We need to find a way to get a lot more to base reads on with her before we enter endgame and it is too late. If that ends up meaning lynching her, so be it.

RetroMG

I suppose you would like a votecount, wouldn't you?

Current Votes:

bananaspaceprincess (5) WARNING! Three votes to majority!
burbeting 2967 (3019)
fireblend 2968
salvapot 3014 (3044)
launchpadmcq 3025
burbeting 3214
ourobolus 3252
roytheone 3264

launchpadmcq (3)
xamtheking 2942
nin1000 2944 (3055)
roytheone 3067 (3255)
salvapot 3108
ourobolus 3125 (3248)
czartim 3192
nin1000 3210 (3262)

czartim (1)
terrabyte20xx 3097

roytheone (1)
ty4on 3230

ourobolus (0)
czartim 3009 (3192)

salvapot (0)
salvapot 3044 (3108)

timeaisis (0)
nin1000 3055 (3210)

Players without an active vote:
AbsolutBro
BananaSpacePrincess
Nin1000
Seath
Timeaisis

Timeaisis

Sorry, guys. I went to sleep right after making my post, so I couldn't respond.

Time, did you move on N1?

Nope.

I doubt scum would try to kill Ty last night. I mean, there has been lot of role claims already, surely they would try to kill one of those?

However, I don't know if Jailing Ty means he is scum. The possibility still is that the scum tried to target me last night, which would have resulted in no-kill as well.

I never said it meant that, it's just a possibility. I'm leaning towards Launch being full of it or the Ty4on block having no bearing on anything like you said.

Kevyt

I honestly am fine with policy lynching BSP, however I'm still concerned about Launchpad tbf.

How much time do we have left?

I honestly am fine with policy lynching BSP, however I'm still concerned about Launchpad tbf.

How much time do we have left?

Plenty:

gra_1463241600.png

I am not too worried about Launch at this point. BSP being so quiet is definitely an issue, town or scum.

CzarTim

Like, bsp is a waste of space and all, but we learn nothing from her lynch today. I'd prefer to wait until we have another scum under our belts.

CzarTim

Another problem with launch's claim is him being table specific is if he is scum, they can just target players not at his table and go "oops"

nin1000

Banned
So far his response to Launch was placid to say the least but the second the wind shifted the other way he jumped on a bandwagon.

hmmmm. that is true and i for one would rather love to try to scum hunt since her death will not bring us any closer to questions answered.

So far his response to Launch was placid to say the least but the second the wind shifted the other way he jumped on a bandwagon.

I do admit his willingness to just kind of step back when the whole arsonist thing was going on is kind of weird. Like, Ouro was all up ins about it, even Launch who wasn't doused, but Roy was just kind of tepid on the whole thing it seemed.

CzarTim

Would an Ourobolus lynch be a decent idea? For me the drinks are a big part of why I'm giving Launch the benefit of the doubt, but we don't know what Ouro really is. Even if Ouro isn't lying his win condition could make him vote against us in late game.

I am not following this logic like at all.

Another problem with launch's claim is him being table specific is if he is scum, they can just target players not at his table and go "oops"

I'm not sure I follow.

Also, since I haven't actually blocked anyone who's had a PR yet, I don't actually know what message they get. Camjo knew he was blocked; I don't know if my action gives the same message.

CzarTim

I'm not sure I follow.

Also, since I haven't actually blocked anyone who's had a PR yet, I don't actually know what message they get. Camjo knew he was blocked; I don't know if my action gives the same message.

I'm saying your teammates will just start killing people sitting at the table your not at to justify you not saving anyone.

Ty4on

I am not following this logic like at all.
The only reason I think Launch's ability is real is because of the drinks he stopped. This assumes Ouro is telling the truth.

It is really hard to come up with a reasonable scenario where Ouro's flip will change that though.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm believing him for now. The only concern is I already proposed this scenario during the last day phase. While I think he's being truthful, it would be pretty simple for scum to claim it, if in fact I am completely wrong and scum knows why my drinks were stopped.

CzarTim

I can't tell if you are being dense on purpose or not but for the millionth time the point of the turbo was to give scum as little info as possible. Lynching oreo was just a way to do that without hurting town.

That is no longer relevant and I don't understand why you are struggling so much with the concept.

Burbeting

Banned
Like, bsp is a waste of space and all, but we learn nothing from her lynch today. I'd prefer to wait until we have another scum under our belts.

What if this never happens? How long will we wait on her, until it's lylo? Or what.

I agree with you on the weirdness of Ty4on quickly jumping on Ouro. His reasoning is pretty feeble (I mean, we already have pretty good proof of his power).

roytheone

But we will learn information: her flip. Because of her low activity she is completely impossible to read. And such a player you don't want to have around when we reach endgame. So we need to prevent that, either by lynching her or getting something that will allow us to read her.

I do admit his willingness to just kind of step back when the whole arsonist thing was going on is kind of weird. Like, Ouro was all up ins about it, even Launch who wasn't doused, but Roy was just kind of tepid on the whole thing it seemed.

Because I thought trying to find scum during the day was more important then trying to find the arsonist. The arsonist is very hard to find, since he works alone you can't look at interactions and votes. And if we were to spend to much time on him, we would give scum an easier time with blending. Since i (wrongly) assumed the arsonist had a quota to burn I thought he would eventually leave the game, even if we didn't manage to find him. So I put more importance into scum hunting.

And of course Ourob was much more actively trying to find the arsonist: if he got burned, he would lose. Me dying would suck, and makes it harder for town to win, but I could still win. It's not an insta loss like it would have been for Ourob.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
TB, who are your top scum?
In order: Timeaisis, BSP, you.

The only reason I haven't pushed Time is because there hasn't been any outward sign of him being scum, but from a pure gut perspective red flags are flying EVERYWHERE to me. I just do not feel comfortable with him... At all.

Ourobolus

Banned
In order: Timeaisis, BSP, you.

The only reason I haven't pushed Time is because there hasn't been any outward sign of him being scum, but from a pure gut perspective red flags are flying EVERYWHERE to me. I just do not feel comfortable with him... At all.

I've got similar feelings. Something is off, but there's like literally nothing I can actually physically pinpoint.

I'd still rather lynch BSP just to get the option of the table though - we're gonna be arguing her shit every day from here on out.

Before this day ends and probably before I die, I'd like to point out that AB and Ty4on are still worth keeping an eye on. Those aren't my targets tonight, but AB had a weird interaction with me the day after I blocked him; I thought for sure he knew he was blocked. I'm on mobile so I can't post that.

Ty4on, as Tim mentioned, probably wouldn't have been targeted if scum believed he was just an ordinary. There's a strong possibility he was the killer and was blocked.

As for my target tonight, I'm not offering much information on that, but it's a theory I hadn't even discussed openly. I hope it comes to light somehow after I die.

Ty4on

Before this day ends and probably before I die, I'd like to point out that AB and Ty4on are still worth keeping an eye on. Those aren't my targets tonight, but AB had a weird interaction with me the day after I blocked him; I thought for sure he knew he was blocked. I'm on mobile so I can't post that.

Ty4on, as Tim mentioned, probably wouldn't have been targeted if scum believed he was just an ordinary. There's a strong possibility he was the killer and was blocked.

As for my target tonight, I'm not offering much information on that, but it's a theory I hadn't even discussed openly. I hope it comes to light somehow after I die.
I can understand why you'd like to see my flip. The main reason I think it's possible scum targeted me because the night actions seem to point at that. It is weird to target an ordinary.

One thing to my defense is that I was "caught" by a tracker next to Camjo and immediately claimed ordinary. As scum I'd most likely have no idea Camjo could move and if I knew he moved (say I did nothing as scum) I could have pushed him harder as I had a good excuse and it'd give me town credits for proving I didn't move.

---------------------
Assuming I've already flipped and you like me know I'm ordinary town: What do you think of this interaction here?
So let me get this straight...

One of the following is true:
1) Launch is lying out his ass
2) Ty is scum and tried to kill someone last night, but was jailed
3) Someone tried to kill Ty last night and Launch blocked it
4) None of those things happened, and something else made the kill not go through. Back to square one.

Ty hasn't really crossed my mind as scum at all, but anything is possible. But I can totally see scum going for a Ty kill last night. He's a very strong town player, and it would be hard to glean suspicion from his death. So I could see Launch jailing him and protecting him from a kill. Or it could just be #4, which leaves us with basically nothing. I guess the big question is whether we trust Launch or not. We'd be loosing a pretty big asset if we lynched him and he is who he says he is. That being said, the circumstances surrounding his roleclaim does not make me trust him.

Is that what we've got? Ty, forgive me if this was covered, but you were not notified of anything happening to you last night, correct?
[...]
I doubt scum would try to kill Ty last night. I mean, there has been lot of role claims already, surely they would try to kill one of those?

However, I don't know if Jailing Ty means he is scum. The possibility still is that the scum tried to target me last night, which would have resulted in no-kill as well.
I never said it meant that, it's just a possibility. I'm leaning towards Launch being full of it or the Ty4on block having no bearing on anything like you said.
I tried to cut as little as possible to keep stuff in context.
I don't like how quickly Time backed off. He seems to really think that me being targeted is likely, but then back off saying Launch is probably lying.
I don't have much of a read on Time, but that part seemed a little weird. I'd love to hear more of what he thinks. Regardless of his alignment it is true that killing me wouldn't leave town with a lot of targets, if any, and very few have voiced suspicion of me. While it is weird to keep the trackers alive, scum can know beforehand who the trackers will track so they're not as dangerous as Scrafty or a regular tracker.

Players in general also doesn't have to be 100% rational. Look at Camjo's claim or scum in Love Boat staying away from the claimed trackers for most of the game (hoping they'd clear some scum mates) and choosing no kill on N1.

nin1000

Banned

i was fun playing with you. Try to be a better player next time though.

nin1000

Banned
I can understand why you'd like to see my flip. The main reason I think it's possible scum targeted me because the night actions seem to point at that. It is weird to target an ordinary.

One thing to my defense is that I was "caught" by a tracker next to Camjo and immediately claimed ordinary. As scum I'd most likely have no idea Camjo could move and if I knew he moved (say I did nothing as scum) I could have pushed him harder as I had a good excuse and it'd give me town credits for proving I didn't move.

---------------------
Assuming I've already flipped and you like me know I'm ordinary town: What do you think of this interaction here?

I tried to cut as little as possible to keep stuff in context.
I don't like how quickly Time backed off. He seems to really think that me being targeted is likely, but then back off saying Launch is probably lying.
I don't have much of a read on Time, but that part seemed a little weird. I'd love to hear more of what he thinks. Regardless of his alignment it is true that killing me wouldn't leave town with a lot of targets, if any, and very few have voiced suspicion of me. While it is weird to keep the trackers alive, scum can know beforehand who the trackers will track so they're not as dangerous as Scrafty or a regular tracker.

Players in general also doesn't have to be 100% rational. Look at Camjo's claim or scum in Love Boat staying away from the claimed trackers for most of the game (hoping they'd clear some scum mates) and choosing no kill on N1.

VOTE: Timeaisis

You're dead to me

Top Bottom