• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

I read the second book after watching the first TV season.

It's too weird.

I have the world imagined in my head from the show, but NONE of the new characters look how I picture them. Total bizarro world happening in my brain.

This, for sure.

Also, just to be a total asshole, I imagined someone far, far more stunning and gorgeous for Melisandre.

Wray

One of the critics said someone dies in the first few seconds of the first episode. Doesn't sound like the Prologue to me. I'd have to guess then the very first scene will be the Red Wastes.

Maybe it's
Rakharo?

Rimfya

Banned
This, for sure.

Also, just to be a total asshole, I imagined someone far, far more stunning and gorgeous for Melisandre.

Nah I pictured Melisandre to be oddly weird-looking. But I thought Stannis would be older and far, far more imposing looking. Grey hair with a face of chiseled stone. But also that Davos would be younger!

aceface

One of the critics said someone dies in the first few seconds of the first episode. Doesn't sound like the Prologue to me. I'd have to guess then the very first scene will be the Red Wastes.

Acok prologue
its that maester who tries to kill Mel of course

RENLY IS NOT RIGHT!

Sorry, I just can't hold it back.
:lol
Has Lacob (the Televisionary guy) read the novels? IIRC he's been a fan of the books for awhile and was one of the first guys to hype the pilot...but I can't remember
I can't remember. Regarding the first episode of S2:
He confirms that there's no cold open. They run the credits and then it's straight into the show.

I can't remember. Regarding the first episode of S2:
He confirms that there's no cold open. They run the credits and then it's straight into the show.

Interesting.

ACOK spoilers
I would guess that Cressen will be around until the end of the episode then, which I think is a good thing.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Hnng... sogood.gif

tumblr_m0d6q5T25i1qbs9zko1_500.jpg

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Something interesting I noticed on IMDB (ACOK spoilers)
Sean Bean is listed as credited for episode 10 of season 2. House of the Undying perhaps?
In one of the audio commentaries in the first season (episode 10?) they said (ACoK)
Arya would hear Ned's voice in flashbacks. It's probably the scene when she's about to run away from Harrenhal with Gendry and Hot Pie.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I read the second book after watching the first TV season.

It's too weird.

I have the world imagined in my head from the show, but NONE of the new characters look how I picture them. Total bizarro world happening in my brain.

I'm sort of the same way. I pictured Catelyn, Melisandre, Robb, Jon Snow, and many others looking completely different.

Maybe it's
Rakharo?

I could be way off since it has been a bout a year since I read book 2, but
isn'tDavos' mentor killed when he drinks the poison he tried to get Melisandre to drink?
This was all in the prologue...

Ahh nevermind, I see i was beaten to the punch :p

- Via WiC.net: Ken Tucker's Game of Thrones S2 review for EW *some minor spoilers*
But I intentionally did not read the epic's second volume, A Clash of Kings, before watching the start of GoT season 2, because I wanted to see if I'd have trouble following the new intricacies. And I'm here to report that my lack of homework in no way prevented me from becoming enthralled with this series all over again. That's a testament to what adapters David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have accomplished in whittling down and reshaping Martin's novels for weekly TV. It's difficult enough to hook a viewer like me, who resists sprawling, noncontemporary narratives; it's another level of pop culture wizardry to make such storytelling seem so vivid, so vital, and just plain fun. A-

In the books? Or irl?

And who ever asked about jace, he is a book reader and he had been a fan for quite some time, he was one of several that did reviews and weekly recaps for season one

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
For any FiOS people like me who unsubscribe in the offseason, they currently have a half-price deal for HBO. I just resubscribed myself.

This has probably been discussed before, but is it ever explained how the the deserter from GoT Prologue gets past the wall and down to winterfell? I'm not sure why I thought of this now and not when I first watched S1.

This has probably been discussed before, but is it ever explained how the the deserter from GoT Prologue gets past the wall and down to winterfell? I'm not sure why I thought of this now and not when I first watched S1.

It's never explained how that specific guy got past the wall, but there are plenty of ways he could have done it.

You can go (mild spoilers from later books)
around, over, or under the wall.

AngryMoth

One things that always bugged me is why he didn't just go back to castle black. I get that he was freaked but that would have offered a much higher chance of survival.

Dany

Banned
One things that always bugged me is why he didn't just go back to castle black. I get that he was freaked but that would have offered a much higher chance of survival.

He wanted to go south, as south as south can, maybe he wanted to warn the kingdom?

Duki

Banned
He wanted to go south, as south as south can, maybe he wanted to warn the kingdom?

i think he was just traumatised and scared shitless

wanted to gtfo as far as possible from whatever is up there

he probs didnt much relish the thought of fighting it when it came

AngryMoth

If he wanted to warn people, the person most likely to believe him would be someone from the night's watch, Ned was a pretty reasonable Lord and he beheaded him as a madman and a deserter. I suppose he was just so terrified by what he saw that he wanted to make sure he never saw it again.

apana

Episode 1 of season 1 was probably my favorite just because I think they did an incredible job with setting up this world and some key scenes. I'll never forget the beheading and seeing Winterfell's great hall for the first time with everyone interacting. That episode was magical for me.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Rewatched "The Pointy End" tonight.

Barristan's "you can't fire me, I quit!" routine is the best:

gkJ5Z.gif

<3

The show made me <3 Barristan Selmy [Series - but not really]
but for the life of me I can't think of what happens to him after the first book (I've only read 2). I hope he comes back eventually, preferably to backhand Joff

ZeroRay

The show made me <3 Barristan Selmy [Series - but not really]
but for the life of me I can't think of what happens to him after the first book (I've only read 2). I hope he comes back eventually, preferably to backhand Joff

Think about it a little. Or better yet, just read the third book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom