• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, man, he already has like 200 pages of manuscript done.

Of course, Dance was about 1500 pages of manuscript.

And that was half written 6 years before it came out.

LOL.

ezrarh

When is the next book due?

I don't think he's even started writing after reading what's he's been up to.

And I agree with the sentiment that the show doing it's own thing can make it better. I'm in the camp where I expect this to be an adaptation so obviously they can't and shouldn't do one for one copying from the books. Although criticisms on how they should have done a scene to explain why Robb was fighting out west are legit. But I'm enjoying it for now and will judge it as a whole when the season ends.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
In any case, in the book the dragons are flying around all the time, even indoors. I haven't had a chance to watch the episode yet so I don't have an opinion on the dragon stealing, but imo ACOK does make it seem like it's hard to get near them when they're left to their own devices, unless you're Daenerys. For budgetary reasons or not, in the show it's like their development and her bond with them are progressing slower, so I can see why they'd be kept in boxes (excuse I made up in my mind). I'd love to see CG dragons flying around in every Dany scene but it is what it is.

Altazor

Hey, man, he already has like 200 pages of manuscript done.

Of course, Dance was about 1500 pages of manuscript.

And that was half written 6 years before it came out.

LOL.

best part about it was that "meanwhile, on the Wall..." post-script in AFFC. You're such a big troll, GRRM... :p

Amir0x

Banned
plus the whole GRRM is working on at least five other projects atm, none of which are Winds of Winter. He's probably working on more too, who knows.

As if editing the fucking miserable Wild Card series is his legacy

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
[morbid discussion regarding GRRM's health and potential death]

[joke about Brandon Sanderson finishing the series]

Dany

Banned
How feasible is it to just stop producing a show for a year or two and then 'round the gang back up' after the next book is out.

How feasible is it to just stop producing a show for a year or two and then 'round the gang back up' after the next book is out.

Mad Men was pretty much gone for a long time, and it's doing alright. Just have to make sure delay is not more than a few months.

Mad Men was pretty much gone for a long time, and it's doing alright. Just have to make sure delay is not more than a few months.

There are a lot of child actors in GoT though, a long hiatus could be a bad thing. Still, I do believe if the show is still going (which I doubt), TWOW will be out before the show completes filming ADWD

If I had to bet I'd say the show doesn't make it past ASOS

Massa

The show is different.

It is a struggle for me between being happy to see new content and disappointed to not see things I'm looking forward to. Overall well done, and I'm happy with it.

Some decisions are poorly made- see Ros. First as a tool for exposition, and later treated as if she was a character that matters.

Others work well enough- simplification of Arya story, for example, has worked better for the show, even if perhaps the overall story might be worse.

They don't really treat Ros as if she matters, her scenes are always about showing the personality of whatever man she's interacting with (Theon, Littlefinger, Joffrey). She doesn't really have anything going on her own, does she?

There are a lot of child actors in GoT though, a long hiatus could be a bad thing.

That's what makes the whole thing interesting. The recent advent of shows that were cancelled and then years later brought back was easy in a sense because they were animated shows at first. No continuity problems there. Arrested Development will be an interesting milestone for what it's like when a show that's been off the air for extended period of time comes back.

they could always recast Hodor using The Great Khali if bran hits super puberty any time now.

7l2eg.jpg

gate777

Just watched episode 6. Pretty good except for the dragon-napping. WTF. I guess you have to deviate to squeeze an entire book into 10 episodes. Oh well, I can live with it.

Also lol at the speculation in the no book spoilers thread. I want to trollololol there soooo bad!

bengraven

I love how the previews don't show a goddamn thing the last couple weeks. It's especially nice because of the deviations from the book, so us readers are getting an extra experience each week.

Ripclawe

Banned
Are the Starks the whipping family for everyone in this series? Its like being somewhat noble in this universe is a tremendous weakness

apana

- Youtube copy of Thronecast Episode 6 (might be some spoilers in this)
- Youtube copy of the Isaac Hempstead-Wright interview (might be some spoilers in this)

Damn, Bran (Isaac) is already getting attention from the ladies on twitter.

I was being facetious but there HAS to be some sort of guarantee or contingency written into the contract between HBO and GRRM.

We can't really know the deatils. At the end of the day I trust David, Dan, and George so I am not too worried about what will happen.

Dany

Banned
I love how the previews don't show a goddamn thing the last couple weeks. It's especially nice because of the deviations from the book, so us readers are getting an extra experience each week.

For book readers I'd say the book shows a lot on what they are going to cover.

bengraven

For book readers I'd say the book shows a lot on what they are going to cover.

Well as a reader it shows things I know are going to happen, but I've also noticed they only show a few scenes now. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for newbies.

Man, I'm astonished at how little a fuck I give about Daenerys, and her whole situation. I don't care ONE bit about what she's doing.

Fuck you Daenerys. Fuck yo famlay.

Subitai

Man, I'm astonished at how little a fuck I give about Daenerys, and her whole situation. I don't care ONE bit about what she's doing.

Fuck you Daenerys. Fuck yo famlay.
WHAT?!

[ASoS]
No one goes into epic god mode right away...it would be laughable. I think this nicely contrasting how she can grow where her brother couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom