• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
ScreenCruch just posted the season finale's synopsis:
Thanks, added it to the OP. The logline sounds good to me. [ACoK]
They may be deviating a bit right now, but it sounds like they'll be back closer to the book towards the end aside from moving a couple of things up.
every time I hear him call out "Otaaaakuuuu Asssemboooole...weekly" I grimace.
You have to do the goofy hand gesture when you say it, too.

Krispy

Lol at Rickons 5 second screen time. Can someone please make a gif of Theon (series)
after he beheads Rodrik?

Rewatching the episode right now. The beheading is awful. :(

Qhorin's awesome: "I don't want you to be glad about it. I want you to curse and fight until your heart's done pumping."

Snake

Lol at Rickons 5 second screen time. Can someone please make a gif of Theon (series)
after he beheads Rodrik?

iDQOkzKNRr3CR.gif

pr0cs

Rewatching the episode right now. The beheading is awful. :(
It was but Allen's portrayal of it was fabulous. Haunted man realizing there was no way back.
[series]
I hope we make it to ADWD because some of the scenes from that book will be amazing if Allen nails it like he did this scene.

Tess3ract

Banned
What really nails it was the book was all about how he couldn't do a clean cut and had to literally hack the dude's head off, and here Alfie hits it perfectly. I couldn't have imagined the scene better myself.

Speevy

Banned
It's pretty neat to contrast that beheading with Ned Stark's beheading of the deserter.

Such angst and struggle, whereas Ned Stark just picked up the sword and lopped the deserter's head off with one emotionless swing.

Yeah, he looks like he's going to throw up after he does it.
It was but Allen's portrayal of it was fabulous. Haunted man realizing there was no way back.
Absolutely. It was a necessary scene and he nailed it.
pr0cs said:
[series]
I hope we make it to ADWD because some of the scenes from that book will be amazing if Allen nails it like he did this scene.
Fix your tags, please.

3N16MA

Banned
It's pretty neat to contrast that beheading with Ned Stark's beheading of the deserter.

Such angst and struggle, whereas Ned Stark just picked up the sword and lopped the deserter's head off with one emotionless swing.

It helps that ice is massive.

Tess3ract

Banned

Though to be fair, Ned did have a valyrian steel broadsword.

bengraven

TV Theon is less redeemable than Book Theon.

(CLASH)
Mikken's death was a lot less heart breaking than Rodrik's.
He truly is lost now.

TV Theon is less redeemable than Book Theon.

(CLASH)
Mikken's death was a lot less heart breaking than Rodrik's.
He truly is lost now.

Damn. I'm avoiding your spoiler, but I've only read up to Theon's arrival/talk with his father, and he seems a lot more willing to turn on the Starks than the TV Theon did.

bengraven

Clash
Was it mikken who died? The Blacksmith I thought, and ramsay killed rodrick

Yep, you have it correctly.
Mikken is the blacksmith. He's also a bit surlier and Theon's killing of him is more understandable and less painful, despite the fact that Theon knew this man for years.

Damn. I'm avoiding your spoiler, but I've only read up to Theon's arrival/talk with his father, and he seems a lot more willing to turn on the Starks than the TV Theon did.

Yeah, I originally wrote "Theon on TV is harder than Book Theon, but also more of a pussy" but I worried no one would understand what I meant. He's a more complicated, conflicted person on the show than in the books.

You're right about Theon in the books - his first chapter he's basically full douchebag and ragging on the Starks. On the show, he's much less willing to turn on them at first. But (very light series spoiler)
throughout his story, I believe he shows moments of regret.

apana

So the rumor is that Larry Williams of OtakuASSEMBLE isn't doing GoT reviews anymore after his 8-minute-long rant against Sansa brought a torrent of internet anger upon him. Nothing official, but sad if true (though deserved, it was an epically dumb rant).

Or maybe he's just busy this week, who knows!

I think he must just be busy or on vacation, he didn't do his Korra review either.

bengraven

Oh I'm wrong about the beheading in the book. (COK obviously)
it's one of the ironborn that kills Mikken. I can't remember who Theon beheads, though I know he does kill someone in a similar scene with the failed beheading and the "whoever calls the sentence should wield the sword" line. I swore it was Mikken.

Edit: okay, now I remember. A character not even in the show: From Wiki:
Farlen is injured when Theon Greyjoy captures Winterfell.[3] Theon Farlen forces to accompany Theon's search party when Bran and Rickon Stark disappear, by threatening to let his men rape Palla again.[4] When mysterious deaths start happening to those of Theon's men who had been part of the search party, Farlen is blamed by Theon and put to death.[5]

bengraven

You know, this Amoka pic of Theon is far from what I pictured when I read him.

Theon_Greyjoy.jpg

I always pictured this kid:

yzoNs.gif

I guess Alfie is kind of a mix of the two.

apana

Wahhh my dragons, wahhh. I'm a calisi, wahhhh. 

Shut your mouth.

lol

I really love the way she speaks, the fire in her voice. I especially notice it whenever she is talking to that fat spice trader. Emilia Clarke is a true Targaryen.

If anyone should get an Emmy this season I would vote for Alfie Allen.

Good man. Michelle Fairley in the best actress category would also be just.

Kammie

Fix your tags, please.
You need to stop saying please and start yelling at people at this point. ;)

I'd like to know why there's no mod presence here this year. I've read the series and am really surprised at how ridiculous this thread is in terms of spoilers.

I'd say we need Amir0x back but I think he's the one who's spoiled the most... lol.

apana

You need to stop saying please and start yelling at people at this point. ;)

I'd like to know why there's no mod presence here this year. I've read the series and am really surprised at how ridiculous this thread is in terms of spoilers.

I'd say we need Amir0x back but I think he's the one who's spoiled the most... lol.

Mods reside where men believe they reside, it's a trick, a shadow on the wall....

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. Completely agreed that Theon's beheading scene perfectly captures his descent into madness. What a fucking fool. Expertly acted.

2. Tywin + Arya scenes are so golden. Last episode's stare-down ("anyone can die") combined with this one's recollection of his father seemed so perfect.

3. Disagreed with the prevailing notion here that Cersei isn't perfectly cast, or that the actress isn't doing extremely well. She's displaying a subtlety and grace befitting a queen that few can pull off, while also being utterly callous and disgusting.

4. Jon Snow's attempted beheading of Ygrette was a nice contrast to Theon's hackjob on Rodrick, and both stand in contrast to Ned's clean, honorable cut compared to the utter glee that Joffrey displayed. What a perfect way to distill characters down to their essence.

5. Not sure anyone mentioned it, but Tywin is old school as fuck. Hard, but honorable in that "will likely kill you anyway" type-of-way.

6. An interesting parallel for me with the books is just how different the Khalisi/Targaryen chapters/scenes read and watch. I think they're done perfectly well, but it just seems so detached. The best thing they've done so far to tie them together, other than randomly mention concurrent events, is showing the flying overhead, panning up, then panning down on a different location.

7. FWIW, this episode did no favors for her character. Seemed a lot like her brother there.

8. I think Sansa is perfect, but the whore is the one that's miscast. Not what I imagined at all.

9. Bran and Rickon's wailing during Theon's proof-of-manhood there in the square was the first time I regretted the unavoidable use of child actors. Yikes.

10. Clegane's rescue of Sansa was so perfect!

apana

series spoiler
Irri is dead right? I'm so pissed off. After all the useless sexposition we are not going to get to see the one scene we all wanted to see. This is some serious trolling.

bengraven

9. Bran and Rickon's wailing during Theon's proof-of-manhood there in the square was the first time I regretted the unavoidable use of child actors. Yikes.

Bran screaming broke my heart. Made me tear up.

The fact that Isaac and Maisie aren't getting enough attention for their acting is sad to me.

series spoiler
Irri is dead right? I'm so pissed off. After all the useless sexposition we are not going to get to see the one scene we all wanted to see. This is some serious trolling.

That's kind of been set up since Season 1 for Doreah.

Speaking of which, where's the third handmaiden? I don't think I've seen her all season.

apana

Yeah but Isaac (Bran) has been doing has an incredible job otherwise so I think they can be forgiven for one scene. It is not so easy for a child actor to sob and pour his heart out. Rickon has also been good for the few scenes he has been in.

So they're casting for ASOS:
Dario next season right? Gonna dye my beard blue now.

Already been cast: [ASOS]
George RR Martin dyed his beard blue.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Yeah but Isaac (Bran) has been doing has an incredible job otherwise so I think they can be forgiven for one scene. It is not so easy for a child actor to sob and pour his heart out. Rickon has also been good for the few scenes he has been in.

Oh yes, completely agreed. That's why I said it was the first time I regretted needing child actors. Bran has been completely faithful to my imagination, sparing as his use has been.

Calculon

Neo Member
I laughed pretty hard at Arya's dialogue to Jaqen in this episode. The way she goes "NOW" just killed me for some reason.

GCX

He's not available for the role due to having a role on Downton Abbey, but Rob James-Collier would make a great Ramsay Bolton
Isn't Downton Abbey's third season being shot right now? There wouldn't really be any schedule problems because of that. Also Iain Glen managed to act in both shows just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom