• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ark

Meera looks almost exactly like how I imagined her, and Jojen isn't far off, that makes me really pleased :)

Only slight issue I had is that I imagined the Blackfish with black hair and a black beard.

Levi

Banned
New actors all look good, but after season one I have not worried about casting. Let's see how they utilize all this talent.

- IndieWire: Rian Johnson Says 'Looper' Stopped Him From Directing On 'Game Of Thrones', Hopes It Might Still Happen One Day
When we enquired as to if there were any other shows that Johnson would like to work on, the director told us "I've gotten some really flattering calls. I'm friends with Dan Weiss and David Benioff, who do 'Game Of Thrones,' and basically, if I hadn't been in the middle of editing 'Looper,' I would have done an episode last season. I was chomping at the bit to do it, and it just didn't work out schedule wise." That being said, Johnson's keeping his fingers crossed that he may get to head to Westeros at some point: "But I'm hoping maybe at some point in the future it does [work out], that's one that I would just love to do." Press commitments for "Looper" may keep him from the third season, but maybe for the fourth?

Basch

noticed this last night, thought I'd leave it here lol

74ixX.jpg

Socreges

Banned
Meera looks perfect. Kinda weird looking and granola-ish. So much for Tiger Beat candidates. ;)

Overall impressed. But yeah the appearance isn't nearly as important as how the actors portray the characters. Obviously.

apana

I like the choices for Meera and Jojen, will be very interesting to see how they are incorporated into the story. Infact all the choices are great, don't really have any problem here.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I like the choices for Meera and Jojen, will be very interesting to see how they are incorporated into the story. Infact all the choices are great, don't really have any problem here.

Yeah. I'm very curious how they will be introduced in the show since they were not in season 2.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Really? I think they get introduced very easily. Just simply say
Jojen had a green dream that we would meet you here and guide you to the wall. Done.

Still be pretty sloppy. Bran's on the run and suddenly he's supposed to trust two strangers.

Yeah. I'm very curious how they will be introduced in the show since they were not in season 2.

I don't think it'll be hard

ACOK/ASOS
I'd imagine they will find Bran and company on the way to the Wall, perhaps even save them from enemies; they'll explain they were on their way to Winterfell and wound up tracking Bran to the Wall. I think they'll all travel together for awhile before Osha and Rickon branch off alone

Still be pretty sloppy. Bran's on the run and suddenly he's supposed to trust two strangers.

spoilers
They just explain who their father is and that he sent them to protect/guide them. Maybe their intro will be saving the group from something, that would also help earn his trust.

Cornballer, now that filming has begun and we know a significant portion of the new cast, have you given any more thought to the offseason thread idea? Most discussion in this thread from here on out is probably going to be season 3 stuff we hear or see about from filming, casting, marketing, etc.

Cornballer, now that filming has begun and we know a significant portion of the new cast, have you given any more thought to the offseason thread idea? Most discussion in this thread from here on out is probably going to be season 3 stuff we hear or see about from filming, casting, marketing, etc.
I'm working on getting that done. Hope to make some decisions and get things moving next week.

Ark

ASoS
What if Bran and co meet Jojen and Meera in the cave where they all meet that random old guy? Would sort of make sense, I still don't like it though.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

I don't see how it's sloppy. They aren't strangers. It can be easily established that Bran knows who the Reeds are and they can still be sent to find him for the same reason. It's really not a big deal.

Iksenpets

Banned
I don't see how it's sloppy. They aren't strangers. It can be easily established that Bran knows who the Reeds are and they can still be sent to find him for the same reason. It's really not a big deal.

All they really have to do is tweak things a bit so that Bran and the Reeds already met as children at some point, so this meeting is a reunion instead of a first time meeting. Then it's totally believable.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still can't figure out why they don't do a separate panel with just Martin himself taking questions. It would be huge.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Having watched the Comic-con panels, I have to say, it's a lot of Emilia Clarke hnnnnnnng

But as I said, it would be more interesting if the panel was just George and people would ask questions directly of him.

Dany

Banned
This has been airing on HBOZ all through the weekend. They are showing blackwater and I have the say that Sansas actions throughout the episode have been great. The way she reacts to Cersie getting up and leaving and calming the crowd of ladies is exactly as I pictured it in the books.

bengraven

I pictured Sallahdor as a old, skinny goat like guy with white hair.

[minor ASoS]
Maybe she'll be in Dany's masturbation scene.

I'd actually be surprised if that scene happens, but who knows.

Well considering all her handmaidens are dead, this girl is basically playing all three parts now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom