• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great OP. I love the banner and also the fact that you put all the maps and family trees in the OP. It will be a wonderful resource for those that are new to the series.

You also have
Balon Greyjoy
in the title picture but don't explain who he is later on. I don't know how big of a spoiler he is. I guess that's your choice.

OP lacks Hodor (Hodor)
Hodor. I only used the characters/actors that were listed in the HBO press release. I couldn't figure out another way to cut down the number of cast that I listed.
You also have
Balon Greyjoy
in the title picture but don't explain who he is later on. I don't know how big of a spoiler he is. I guess that's your choice.
[ACoK]
It's a subtle nod to book readers. He wasn't included in the cast list because I just went with everyone that HBO listed. Not sure if I should pull that image for the No Book Spoilers thread - I'll give it some thought.

Puddles

Banned
Hodor. I only used the characters/actors that were listed in the HBO press release. I couldn't figure out another way to cut down the number of cast that I listed.
It's a subtle nod to book readers. He wasn't included in the cast list because I just went with everyone that HBO listed. Not sure if I should pull that image for the No Book Spoilers thread - I'll give it some thought.

[Don't read if you haven't read at least the second book.]
The War of Five Kings? I know there's Joffrey, Robb, Renly and that other brother dude, Stan or something... who is the fifth king? Balon Greyjoy? Who is that? Is that Theon's father or something? Wait, he's the fifth king? What will Theon do? I hope this doesn't mean he betrays the Starks. OMG, spoiler!!!!

gutshot

Great OP, Cornballer! Glad I could be of assistance, however indirectly. And thanks for all the WiCnet love!

Btw, I have a few updated cast photos now of S1 actors in their S2 costumes on our S2 cast page. Feel free to drop them into the OP whenever you get the chance. Especially helpful for those characters who've undergone changes from S1 and S2 (Arya, Theon, etc.).

And thanks for all the WiCnet love!
No problem - happy to do it.
Btw, I have a few updated cast photos now of S1 actors in their S2 costumes on our S2 cast page. Feel free to drop them into the OP whenever you get the chance. Especially helpful for those characters who've undergone changes from S1 and S2 (Arya, Theon, etc.).
Thanks. I snagged a couple of them already.

bengraven

You also have
Balon Greyjoy

I was wondering if someone would have a fit about this.

Honestly, [COK spoilers]
after the first or second episode the title will make more sense....maybe just remove it until then. Shame that people would get upset. Or put a big question mark over his face until the second episode.

Socreges

Banned
That was phenomenal.

I've made a similar argument to friends before.
KuGsj.gif
Never been one for fantasy book/shows, so I have to rationalize it to people.

Talking about tangentially related music videos, here's Bronn sinigng: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5V8ecsrxeY
Every skilled and dangerous sellsword... requires fancy footsteps.

aFIGurANT

Wait what happens to Theon in between seasons Gutshot? You mean physically but isn't he just chilling with Robb still at this point after the Whiterun battles or w/e at the end of GoT (the book)?

Also, Hodor practically = the character from Tolstoy's Death of Ivan Ilych who takes care of the main character (Ivan) while he dies. COINCIDENCE? I think not..

Wait what happens to Theon in between seasons Gutshot? You mean physically but isn't he just chilling with Robb still at this point after the Whiterun battles or w/e at the end of GoT (the book)?

Also, Hodor practically = the character from Tolstoy's Death of Ivan Ilych who takes care of the main character (Ivan) while he dies. COINCIDENCE? I think not..

Why are you asking gutshot? And you are confusing Skyrim's Whiterun with Game of Thrones :p

I'll answer your question though - there is no time in between books or seasons. You see Theon pledging to the King of the North in ep10 and nothing happens to him before the next time you'll see him in season 2.

bengraven

That was phenomenal.

I've made a similar argument to friends before.
KuGsj.gif
Never been one for fantasy book/shows, so I have to rationalize it to people.

Every skilled and dangerous sellsword... requires fancy footsteps.

Way offtopic, but:

You know, this reminded me of the 80s weird fascination with the 50s. To this day I have nostalgic feelings about the 50s that would be considered proof of reincarnation in some cultures, but was because of all the 50s inspired music and fashion and films - god there was a shit load of 50s films in the 80s.

Probably similar to how some of today's indie music/culture shares similarities and vibes to the 70s.

gutshot

Nothing in the books/series that would make him look any different, but the actor looks different to me. I think he has lost some weight or something.

Renly is another example. He looks a lot different this season than he did last, even though nothing in the books indicates that he should.

Nothing in the books/series that would make him look any different, but the actor looks different to me. I think he has lost some weight or something.

Renly is another example. He looks a lot different this season than he did last, even though nothing in the books indicates that he should.

he has better armor this season, makes him look badass.
Though he will still probably get slapped for not paying the iron price.
Renly has longer hair.

Wray

Once again, another badass OP. Only thing missing is
Hodor's Dong.

Cornballer does not muthafuckin sow!

Is there a good guy to root for like Eddard in the second season?
The only other male figure I felt for or really connected to was John Snow.

Should be Tyrion.

But I root for Jon and Robb as well. Then there's also a ton of minor badasses in the story, like Ser Barristan, Bronn, Greatjon, Jorah or his dad the Old Bear.

jett

D-Member

Robb was kinda sucky in Season 1, but in the books he's awesome. I don't know if he'll turn awesome in season 2, but he's definitely someone you want to root for.

And Tyrion, obviously, is the man.

Robb was kinda sucky in Season 1, but in the books he's awesome. I don't know if he'll turn awesome in season 2, but he's definitely someone you want to root for.

Interesting, I felt the opposite. On the TV show I Madden's Robb jumped off the screen in a way he didn't in the first book, especially in the last three episodes.

Wray

Jon and Robb.

Also, I would kind of say Stannis also, though he comes across as a douche. But he's still basically a good guy.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I'm happy to see that Robb should be getting more actual screen time versus the time you see him in the books (which is via another persons perspective). In this regard the show is really cool for actual book readers. The Robb and Catelyn scene still gets me. Two great actors portraying their characters.

Socreges

Banned
Way offtopic, but:

You know, this reminded me of the 80s weird fascination with the 50s. To this day I have nostalgic feelings about the 50s that would be considered proof of reincarnation in some cultures, but was because of all the 50s inspired music and fashion and films - god there was a shit load of 50s films in the 80s.

Probably similar to how some of today's indie music/culture shares similarities and vibes to the 70s.
That video was from 1995. ;)

KingK

I'm happy to see that Robb should be getting more actual screen time versus the time you see him in the books (which is via another persons perspective). In this regard the show is really cool for actual book readers. The Robb and Catelyn scene still gets me. Two great actors portraying their characters.

Same, I love Robb. I teared up at the scene with him and Cat in episode 10 last season after Ned's death. And the actress who plays Cat has been absolutely perfect so far.

Also, I noticed in some of the episode summaries that they've made some minor changes. Like in episode five it says
Arya saved Jaqen from the Gold Cloaks, but I'm pretty sure it was Lannister soldiers in the book, yes? Amory Lorch and his men?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Same, I love Robb. I teared up at the scene with him and Cat in episode 10 last season after Ned's death. And the actress who plays Cat has been absolutely perfect so far.

Also, I noticed in some of the episode summaries that they've made some minor changes. Like in episode five it says
Arya saved Jaqen from the Gold Cloaks, but I'm pretty sure it was Lannister soldiers in the book, yes? Amory Lorch and his men?
You are correct but to be more specific (ACoK spoiler)
from the fire they set. If she didn't free them then they would have burned alive locked up in the back of the cart.

KingK

Arya and Tyrion had the best (and the most) chapters in the book, so you'll probably be rooting for them as well as Jon and Robb of course.

You are correct but to be more specific (ACoK spoiler)
from the fire they set. If she didn't free them then they would have burned alive locked up in the back of the cart.

Ok, that's what I thought. I wonder what their reason is for a small change like that?

KingK

I'm gonna be interested to see how they portray Arya's character. She is after all 10 years old in ACoK right?

In the show they aged her up to like 11 or 12, I think. I really hope they nail her parts in this season though. Arya became my favorite character in the series after ACoK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom