• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast Live - 09/20/16 - Episode 448

daydream

Banned

gbthug_decknhupn.png

Episode 448 - A Chance Encounter With Methed-Up Billy Idol - Date: 09/20/2016 - Duration:
03:02:32
- Download - Premium Live Video Archive

We gather a tight crew and discuss the magic of Rec Room, the power of Rez Infinite, the beauty of Forza Horizon 3, the impending release of Gears of War 4, the curiosity that is Metal Gear Survive, and whether or not outlaws will drive cars once driving cars is outlawed.

Notes: Live video feed is for premium members only.

gbthug_cast2iu8o.png

gbthug_250px_jeffegujt.png
gbthug_250px_drew9rugm.png
gbthug_250px_danmtugh.png

Major thanks to Dan for providing a picture for the purposes of this thread and to Piston Hyundai for playing way too much Tony Hawk.

Volotaire

The 2017 iPhone will have the most drastic design changes next year. It seems like where all the R&D is going.

Also, Project Daydream (Google's VR solution a la Gear VR) will be unveiled soon so it will be interesting to see how mobile VR development grows.

FStop7

Banned
I really don't think Apple's sitting on a bunch of secret revolutionary tech they're holding for the next phone. They're putting everything they have into what they're already releasing. It's just not sexy or flashy futuristic stuff.

robotrock

Banned
The Touch controllers come with another sensor and should probably allow you to get a similar room scale experience for Oculus...? At least I hope. There's some videos from the Fantastic Contraption dev messing with a 10ftx10ft play area with Oculus Touch.

OH NO I MISSED HALF OF THE REC ROOM TALK

But seriously, I've been waiting for this ever since that VRodeo episode. Can't wait to go back and listen to the bit I missed.

Chuck

Still without luck
"Who gives a fuck about phones!"

*buys new iPhone literally the day it comes out*

You do, Jeff.

For anybody curious, this week's portraits were made in the PC ports of both Tony Hawk's Underground (Rorie/Dan/Brad) and Tony Hawk's Underground 2 (the rest) through use of the games' face mapping feature.

You can take any 128x128 image and adjust the points to conform to the skater's face. I would've stuck with mainly THUG2, but THUG let me go the extra mile and use the eye patch and the American Tribute grind for Dan.

Here's some bonus stuff that resulted from the making of the portraits:

kTIhysf.jpg

THUG 1 version of Jeff

1YFwzd5.jpg

Unused Brad; not touched up due to his vacation

tmjZ780.jpg

Unused Dan

aKbkFX6.jpg

Street clothes Drew

If anybody out there has the PC version of THUG 1 and 2, you can download all of these skaters (except for one) here. You'll want to throw those into each game's respective "(Install Folder)/Game/Save/" folder. The THUG2 skaters are also compatible with THUG Pro, since it uses THUG2 as a base. I was even recognized by another player as "the Giant Bomb guy" when I took Jeff's skater online.

And finally, here's an exclusive look at the final day of 2016 Game of the Year deliberations.

There's something hilarious about this.

I'll give you a hint as to why.

killroy87

Haven't had the time to listen yet, how was Jeff towards Forza? He liked the original better than 2 (which is nuts), but the love for FH3 is so unanimous and enthusiastic, I'm curious to know what he thinks.

Top Bottom