• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast Live - 09/20/16 - Episode 448

Haven't had the time to listen yet, how was Jeff towards Forza? He liked the original better than 2 (which is nuts), but the love for FH3 is so unanimous and enthusiastic, I'm curious to know what he thinks.

I missed that segment, but I actually would agree with FH1 > FH2 in some ways. The progression was more compelling and the rally tracks were way better (I mostly hated the giant roam-the-countryside tracks in FH2).

Did not expect them to go so hard on Sony for the Hello Games PR comments. Like, it sort of fits my opinion, but I figured they would be more hedge-y than me.

AVac.jpg

There is probably some half excuse to Shu tossing No Man Sky under the bus like that. Like since its kind of a 3rd party thing maybe the deal went through 3rd party relations and not 1th which he is in charge of so he might not have looked over it like he would a proper SCE published game so he thought it wasnt something he had to worry about.

Still icky as fuck though. That Dave Lang speech about Batman and how sometimes, even though you know you are in the right and your partner is in the wrong, you got to grit your teeth and let it be fir the sake of professionalism and relationships immediately springs to mind.

Lijik

Dan, that screen ordering future for Taco Bell where you can make your super specific order and cut out the confused employee is already here, you just gotta download the phone app

theRizzle

I live in Toronto and never heard of that. Then again, it's been forever since I've been to a McDonalds.

Came back to Ontario for my annual-ish visit last Christmas and they had one at the McDonalds at Union Station then. I haven't been into an actual McDonalds store so I can't speak to how prevalent they are, but they've been around for a while in some capacity.

Came back to Ontario for my annual-ish visit last Christmas and they had one at the McDonalds at Union Station then. I haven't been into an actual McDonalds store so I can't speak to how prevalent they are, but they've been around for a while in some capacity.

Been through there a few times this year and unfortunately never noticed it. I'll have to check that one out.

Wiseblood

Haven't had the time to listen yet, how was Jeff towards Forza? He liked the original better than 2 (which is nuts), but the love for FH3 is so unanimous and enthusiastic, I'm curious to know what he thinks.

He's liking 3 more than 2. His big complaint about 2 seemed to be that he didn't find the environment very fun or interesting to drive around in and 3 is a big improvement in that regard.

I generally like Rorie but it's sometimes frustrating when he starts giving misinformation and no one corrects him. xD

Oh, so like everyone on every video game podcast ever. I mean, the number of times I've been like "NO YOU FOOLS THE ANSWER IS THIS" to people on podcasts just kind of talking about stuff they're not up to speed on is basically infinite. But also, that's just how discussions go sometimes (do you just roll with it or pause the podcast and look it up on a laptop?), and I made my peace with it a long time ago.

I mean, I get why people would be pissed, but eh. I actually love the Beastcast's corrections section because it feels like a good middle ground, and even then they miss stuff sometimes.

Re: McDonalds. They are slowly but surely updating franchises in Toronto to use the kiosks (one near me got renovated this summer), but I have never seen any robot SERVERS. There are still people behind the counter that you can order from, and they're still handing you your order personally.

No_Style

That MCV quote is damning. Shu wouldn't have said those things if it was an internal studio. The question is: What happened between Sony and Hello Games? NMS cannot be that toxic that they're just gonna shove Hello Games out like that.

Still icky as fuck though. That Dave Lang speech about Batman and how sometimes, even though you know you are in the right and your partner is in the wrong, you got to grit your teeth and let it be fir the sake of professionalism and relationships immediately springs to mind.

Agreed. They should have just kept their mouth shut if they didn't have anything positive to say.

Curufinwe

That MCV quote is damning. Shu wouldn't have said those things if it was an internal studio. The question is: What happened between Sony and Hello Games? NMS cannot be that toxic that they're just gonna shove Hello Games out like that.

Agreed. They should have just kept their mouth shut if they didn't have anything positive to say.

There's nothing wrong with what Yoshida said to Eurogamer. They were honest, mild comments. Claiming they are shoving Hello Games out is laughable spin worthy of Polygon if you have read the whole article.

when jeff says child of light isnt he talking about child of eden on the kinect? I was really confused

edit: also bioshock infinite is fucking lame

Strimei

Sent in an email about it for next week (hopefully) but I feel like one of the few people who don't like the idea of self-driving cars, at least for reasons beyond "I like to drive, damn it" (though I admit part of that is true for me, I do enjoy driving).

I just think of all the potential security holes in the software. Maybe I'm just being too paranoid but I'm just thinking of things like how long could we expect the software to be updated for these cars (if at all)? What if a major security hole is found a few years later, would it be patched? Would the manufacturer care?

Mr. F

Banned
I honestly prefer Jeff as the host. Love Brad but he's not exactly bursting with personality, the show is usually pretty dry when he's hosting

Came in to post the same, just finished the show.

I feel like this week has had the most energy it's had in a while, genuinely good discussion and moved along at a good clip. It would be kind of awkward for Jeff to take it back from brad but damn if it wasn't refreshing.

It also probably helps that there wasn't waiting through an additional 2 people's weekends/games they've been playing

GuyKazama

Driverless cars is a marketing gimmick. Not going to happen anytime in the next few decades beyond a few controlled test areas and limited regions, not unlike early trains on railroad tracks. Due to all the media, Ford has to say something to assure their shareholders.

Dan and his San Fran nightmare adventure was a fun anecdote.

It was phenomenal because the San Fran insanity (Sprint Methhead, Bloody Bus Hands) was treated as peripheral information in a story about Dan trying to change cell phone providers and buy Mac & Cheese.

Mr. F

Banned
I was as surprised as Dan that destiny was out. I feel like it sort of came out of nowhere, noticeably muted buzz and advertising blitz compared to the previous releases

BTA

The BioShock Infinite talk was weeeeeird. I really don't remember false choices being the focus of discussion around release and like...

C'mon. It was the racism, guys. Levine's weird "the oppressed fighting back against their oppression are literally the other side of the same coin
also I'm going to badly try to retcon this in DLC and also an alternate version of the player character is the reason the revolution's so violent to begin with but I'll conveniently let him forget that lol
" bullshit was a big part of why people dislike Infinite, and that's what (I remember of) a lot of near-release crit talking about. Not some annoyance about the illusion of choice.

DrArchon

The BioShock Infinite talk was weeeeeird. I really don't remember false choices being the focus of discussion around release and like...

C'mon. It was the racism, guys. Levine's weird "the oppressed fighting back against their oppression are literally the other side of the same coin
also I'm going to badly try to retcon this in DLC and also an alternate version of the player character is the reason the revolution's so violent to begin with but I'll conveniently let him forget that lol
" bullshit was a big part of why people dislike Infinite, and that's what (I remember of) a lot of near-release crit talking about. Not some annoyance about the illusion of choice.

Yeah, that bit was odd. I thought everyone ragged on Infinite because the gameplay was just bland and boring. Just going from one corridor to another fighting generic dudes with guns with occasional moments of excitement in the form of big areas with sky rails. I personally never cared about the illusion of choice in the game.

Yeah, that bit was odd. I thought everyone ragged on Infinite because the gameplay was just bland and boring. Just going from one corridor to another fighting generic dudes with guns with occasional moments of excitement in the form of big areas with sky rails. I personally never cared about the illusion of choice in the game.

I forgot there even WERE choices in that game

I remember around GOTY 2013 time when Jeff started acting like the main complaint about Infinite's story was "time travel plot holes" and just being ????? at where the hell he came up with that.

LiK

I remember around GOTY 2013 time when Jeff started acting like the main complaint about Infinite's story was "time travel plot holes" and just being ????? at where the hell he came up with that.

there were all sorts of complaints about it from some people and i do remember the time travel plotholes was one of the major ones. i was pretty active in the spoiler thread back then and people focused on that way more than the racism angle. we had so many theories about it.

there were all sorts of complaints about it from some people and i do remember the time travel plotholes was one of the major ones. i was pretty active in the spoiler thread back then and people focused on that way more than the racism angle. we had so many theories about it.

Maybe I missed it, because by the end of the year the discussion around that game in every circle I saw was almost entirely about the shift in the plot's focus and the characterization and how well they handled the racism angle.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

The time travel/alternate universe logic being nonexistent was why the ending was terrible (and went a long way towards forcing the player to not give even a small fuck about any of the other characters in the game), but by then I hated the game and just wanted it to end whatever way possible. It was hardly the primary complaint I saw, but it was there and for good reason.

Top Bottom