• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast Live - 09/13/16 - Episode 447

daydream

Banned

gbdkc_deck5nsye.gif

Episode 447 - Onccce a Mannnnn - Date: 09/13/2016 - Duration:
03:00:36
- Download - Premium Live Video Archive

This week we grapple with strange new realities like PS4 Pro, Super Mario Run, and a world where Warcraft Adventures is playable by human beings. Free-to-play communism, Frank West memories, extreme ReCore jank, bike lust. It's all here!

Notes: Live video feed is for premium members only.

gbdkc_castsnscd.png

gbdkc_250px_bradbvs0t.png
gbdkc_250px_jeffobs7a.png
gbdkc_250px_drewyhsyc.png
gbdkc_250px_dangvsbi.png
gbdkc_250px_jasonl1swd.png

jaina

Dixie is a good choice for Drew.
At first I wanted to swap Jeff and Brad, but that DK (jr?) has some slick hair.

edit: preshow is live, by the way

Dixie is a good choice for Drew.
At first I wanted to swap Jeff and Brad, but that DK (jr?) has some slick hair.

edit: preshow is live, by the way

Actually, I think the current canon is that DK (DK from DKC) is Cranky's (DK from the arcade game) grandson.

styl3s

Listening to Jeff about bandwidth caps makes me wonder just how lucky he is because it's just just some parts of the world most of the US has bandwidth caps and Comcast has had caps in multiple cities and states for years.

There is no bandwidth cap looming over us because it's fucking here and millions and millions of people are stuck on it. Yeah, CC offers 1TB now to a lot of people but even that isn't much for a household with kids who all stream. Millions (in the US, outside the US is a different discussion) isn't lucky enough to have gigabit services, unlimited services and in a lot of cases even decent speeds.

Man that story Dan told about the guy from Gamespot getting poked with a needle by some crazy drug addict lady on the street waiting for the bus...

FUCK San Francisco.

I always thought WarCraft Lord of the Clans was always out there, but I only watched the videos of it that leaked out years ago.

Its a weird black comedy game and doesn't fit into current WC chronology at all cuz like, Thrall kills Deathwing who lives in a cave smoking a hookah who is just a 12 foot long Dragon and not the gargantuan lizard of molten lava and hatred he is in Cataclysm

I always thought WarCraft Lord of the Clans was always out there, but I only watched the videos of it that leaked out years ago.

Its a weird black comedy game and doesn't fit into current WC chronology at all cuz like, Thrall kills Deathwing who lives in a cave smoking a hookah who is just a 12 foot long Dragon and not the gargantuan lizard of molten lava and hatred he is in Cataclysm

sounds better than dragon soul tbh

Rayme

Wait, Dan's got a Fiance now?
Yeah; you really need to keep up with the novels to get the most out of the GB storylines, tbh.

Most of the fiancé saga was covered in the Beastern Seaboard novel, a bit in the New Dan Aftermaths one-shot comic.

fizzwizz

Banned
It's really tiresome the way the guys feel the need to belabour the point that "you should probably play it on PC" for every game.

By all means call out either exceptional or shitty ports, but generally speaking it's just unnecessary.

jaina

Yeah; you really need to keep up with the novels to get the most out of the GB storylines, tbh.

Most of the fiancé saga was covered in the Beastern Seaboard novel, a bit in the New Dan Aftermaths one-shot comic.
Ugh, I missed out on the one-shot, didn't feel like paying double the price because of shipping to Europe. But Dan teased a re-release for their wedding, similar to what Jason did.
fdbe8358-a083-f571-4lirb4.jpeg

It's really tiresome the way the guys feel the need to belabour the point that "you should probably play it on PC" for every game.

By all means call out either exceptional or shitty ports, but generally speaking it's just unnecessary.

It is not unnecessary at all, a lot of gamers own multiple platforms and this is valuable information.

fizzwizz

Banned
It is not unnecessary at all, a lot of gamers own multiple platforms and this is valuable information.
No not really. Most of the time they haven't even played it on both platforms and it's simply an assumption.

Knowing that "it'll probably look better on the PC" is in no way "valuable information"

No not really. Most of the time they haven't even played it on both platforms and it's simply an assumption.

Most of the time someone has played on console and another one on PC. If the PC version doesn't look that much better they mention that as well. You can safely ignore that information if you only play on console anyway so it doesn't do any harm.

LiK

Man, what a week of disappointing games.

ReCore, Pac-Man CE 2 and Tomorrow Children. All sound like shit.

LiK

Brad glossing over Sony TGS presser was kinda frustrating. He didn't even mention the worldwide release dates for some games there like NieR Automata and Nioh. That's news right?

The new Vita colors was barely a thing. Not sure what Brad is taking about it. It's just two new colors and wasn't that big a deal.

Brad glossing over Sony TGS presser was kinda frustrating. He didn't even mention the worldwide release dates for some games there like NieR Automata and Nioh. That's news right?

The new Vita colors was barely a thing. Not sure what Brad is taking about it. It's just two new colors and wasn't that big a deal.

cant expect GB West to care about more niche Japanese games all that much, aside from Jason in a few cases

Curufinwe

If the Bombcast cared about accuracy they would have a Corrections section like a superior, east coast-based podcast that I won't name.

Top Bottom