• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Global Starcraft II Team League (GSTL) May - 8 Top Korean Teams, $15,000 Prize Pool

hamchan

Whoa I missed that. What the hell, this is like the worst news ever! Are Doa/Moletrap just a lot cheaper to pay or something?

I think I wouldn't have paid $5 for this if I knew Tastosis weren't casting...

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
hamchan said:
Whoa I missed that. What the hell, this is like the worst news ever! Are Doa/Moletrap just a lot cheaper to pay or something?

I think I wouldn't have paid $5 for this if I knew Tastosis weren't casting...

It probably has something do with Artosis trying to get back into the pro scene.

And yea, the only reason I pay for GSL is for my favorite nerds: Tasteless and Artosis.

hamchan

Pankaks said:
It probably has something do with Artosis trying to get back into the pro scene.

And yea, the only reason I pay for GSL is for my favorite nerds: Tasteless and Artosis.

Maybe, though Artosis did say that he was gonna be commentating Semis and Finals on his stream :(

I see Idra was commentating it at the same time so I'll check that out and try to sync it up. Hopefully he did the whole show this time.

BigAT

So I'm only now starting to catch up on watching the GSTL from March. Does anyone have a recommendation on what series are worth watching? I know the finals was supposed to be great.

BigAT said:
So I'm only now starting to catch up on watching the GSTL from March. Does anyone have a recommendation on what series are worth watching? I know the finals was supposed to be great.
startale v IM (from about halfway through). there's dancing, in game and IRL. And the last few games are great

Ronok

Could the lack of Tasteless/Artosis have something to do with Day9's trip to Korea to visit Tasteless? He could have requested holiday time or something.

Deadly

Ronok said:
Could the lack of Tasteless/Artosis have something to do with Day9's trip to Korea to visit Tasteless? He could have requested holiday time or something.
That would have been really nice of them to give Tasteless off to be with his brother. But I mean I'd be shocked if Day9 didn't want to attend the event amongst all the other things he has to do :lol

Deadman

DRG is such a boss.

MC still playing so risky. Roach/ling is the new flavour of the month and he goes 1 gate nexus into stargate. Of course he dies instantly.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Deadman said:
DRG is such a boss.

MC still playing so risky. Roach/ling is the new flavour of the month and he goes 1 gate nexus into stargate. Of course he dies instantly.

Dong.gif

mvps player profiles were fucking amazing lol

Wedge7

Great games again last night

Was semi surprised to see MVP take it over OGS, as I predicted before the season started a OGS/Slayers final. Heh, hard to think that MVP makes it to the finals and what I had originally thought was their big ace, Keen, hasn't even seen any play time yet. DRG, owning it hard.

Tonights finals should be pretty awesome. Again loving the team leagues so much, just like last season brought us relatively unknowns such as MMA and Ryung and gave them baller status, this team league should do the same for guys like DRG and whoever also steps it up in about an hour or so.

cdyhybrid

Yeah, I think finding out about these new guys is the best part of the team leagues. Seeing MC get knocked out and MVP and Nestea not even participate sucks, but we'll get to see them rape faces in Code S and the super tournament. Right now we can find some future stars.

Mairu

EXCITING CHANGES!

l Code S Group League Match Format Change
- Pre-existing GOMTV League Format -> Dual Tournament Format
- Group stage games will always have 5 sets and the last game will be the deciding game for 2nd and 3rd Place.
- From each group, 3rd Place will stay in Code S and 4th Place will go through Up and Down Match.
- 1st and 2nd Place from each Group will advance to Ro16

l Code A Morning Time Broadcast
- For the 5 days of the first week, Code A games will be broadcasted at 1:10 PM.
- Starting from the second week, Code A game will only be broadcasted at 7:10 PM.

l Up & Down Match Format Change
- Code A Winner will automatically advance to Code S without going through Up & Down Match
- MLG Winner will receive a GSL Code S seed for the following month. (Even if the winner is a Korean player, the seed will be provided). If the winner turns down the Code S seed or is already a Code S player then the runner-up will be given the seed.
- Code S 4th Place Players (8) + Code A Top 7 = 15 players
- Players will be divided into 3 groups of 5.
- One group per day will be broadcasted. Each group’s 1st and 2nd Place will advance to Code S.

l GSTL 2 Group Full League

- Every Thursday and Friday, GSTL 2 Group Full League will be held.
- The current 10 SC2 pro teams will be divided into 2 groups of 5.
- Each team will go through a full league and top 3 teams from each group will advance to the playoff (20 matches / twice a week = will be broadcasted for 10 weeks).
- Playoff will be played with the following format: Group A 1st Place vs. (Group B 2nd Place vs. Group A 3rd Place) / Group B 1st Place vs. (Group B 3rd Place vs. Group A 2nd Place)
EXCITINGGGGGGG

http://www.gomtv.net/2011super1/news/65340

Wallach

They gettin' paid now. They tripled the payout (as well as 5x coach payout). MLG instant Code S? Bad ass format changes? Shieeeeeet. Now they need to announce Day9 joining as a permanent addition to their casting crew.

Mairu

Wallach said:
They gettin' paid now. They tripled the payout (as well as 5x coach payout). MLG instant Code S? Bad ass format changes? Shieeeeeet. Now they need to announce Day9 joining as a permanent addition to their casting crew.
Never going to happen.

Doatrap casting Code A+GSTL while Tastosis only casts Code S seems likely though :(

Wallach said:
well there would before be 2 or three gstls in the same time as this new longer season thing

cdyhybrid

Wallach said:

Day9 and IdrA :O

Wallach

So did they pick up a new sponsor or something? I'm surprised they got the payouts to jump that far with the aggressive scheduling.

Mairu

Wallach said:
So did they pick up a new sponsor or something? I'm surprised they got the payouts to jump that far with the aggressive scheduling.
You have to consider one GSTL2 is essentially being played in the time that three GSTLs would have been played as well

Wallach said:
10 weeks vs 4 days

actually I wouldn't be surprised that the current team league has a higher money payout per day compared to the new one.

Wallach

Mairu said:
You have to consider one GSTL2 is essentially being played in the time that three GSTLs would have been played as well

Yeah, I didn't really think about that for some reason.

Still... look at all dem games.

hows this going to affect the stream tickets. I think this will help whether foreigners go over or not since they won't be in team league they get plenty of time to travel out for the weekend MLG's or Dreamhacks.

Mairu

stream tickets will probably be monthly for everything instead of dividing gstl/gsl

hq lagging like crazy for me :/

edit: today is apparently doa's last day for gsl, he's going back to USA

The only thing disappointing is the lack of Inc/Idra commentating (I used that word very loosely) the stream.

HQ working fine here.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Mairu said:
stream tickets will probably be monthly for everything instead of dividing gstl/gsl

hq lagging like crazy for me :/

edit: today is apparently doa's last day for gsl, he's going back to USA

:( can't we clone him, i'm really starting to like doa, he just needs some one better to bounce off of

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
StopMakingSense said:
Kelly, and it will cause TL.net to go into a recursive cycle of hate annihilating time itself.
Kelly is nice, I've talked to her and she is very down to earth and fun. I don't understand the stupid hate she gets on TL.

Trickster

godhandiscen said:
Kelly is nice, I've talked to her and she is very down to earth and fun. I don't understand the stupid hate she gets on TL.

Her accent does make it hard to understand her sometimes to be honest, so I understand why some people don't like her casting. But the intense hating on her is unwaranted to be honest.

On a different note, where is incontrol and idra? They'd make it ten times more awesome.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Trickster said:
Her accent does make it hard to understand her sometimes to be honest, so I understand why some people don't like her casting. But the intense hating on her is unwaranted to be honest.
I met her on a game chatroom as some dude randomly bashed her in multiple ways, and she wouldn't mind the bashing, she said that she had gotten so much from TL that she was over it and had learned to live with it.

Trickster said:
On a different note, where is incontrol and idra? They'd make it ten times more awesome.
Srsly, I don't think I am watching tonight, its not the same anymore.

Q8D3vil

pieatorium said:
one of the better games i've ever seen genius play
to be fair ryung played very badly.
first attack was a failure, getting ghost before the energy upgrade is done. not to mention falling back in the upgrades.

genius didn't let go of his small lead in the beginning and crushed ryung in the last battle.

Mairu

[03:02:50] mairu: how many roaches does it take to kill a genius
[03:02:56] hazaro: 80
[03:02:57] hazaro: 80 roaches
[03:02:58] mairu: ha ha
[03:03:02] hazaro: HA HA HA

Top Bottom