• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Global Starcraft II Team League (GSTL) May - 8 Top Korean Teams, $15,000 Prize Pool

Deadman

1days ago

Dear GOMTV.net users:

It seems like there have been some misunderstandings regarding the casters for GSTL.

Doa and Moletrap will be casting for GSTL May.

GSTL lasts for a relatively short amount of time (4 days) and switching the caster team in the middle of the league is hard since the second team will not know as much about the current league's results and history up to that point.

Thank you for your understanding and we hope you enjoy the rest of GSTL and the upcoming Super Tounrament.

Fail. http://www.gomtv.net/forum/view.gom?topicid=192164&cid=0&kind=1

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
wow blink stalkers. Just wow.

zlatko

Banned
Artosis Pylon <3

He plays Random? Didn't know that about GuineaPig. Why don't people use the White-Ra wall off then? I think it was Striek here on Gaf who showed it to me and I tried to 6 pool him to test it a few times, but you can't break it. The good part about the positioning of it all is even if it isn't a Zerg you play against it's still going not be by your ramp to be sniped.

zlatko

Banned
You know at first I was okay with Doa and Moletrap, because I figured as time went on they would get better, but really all it's turned into is two geeks making fuck awful jokes and literally no real analysis or focus on the game is even given. They're just on mics fucking around. :/

syllogism

I'm not really impressed by creep spread these days. If you get one or two extra queens, it's pretty easy to have the whole map covered in creep pretty quick, especially in a passive game

Keikaku

I love the fact that somebody made a Minecraft reference with that cheerful there . . . and Doa and Tasteless are totally not getting it . . . -_-

zlatko

Banned
I put up with the "feces" twins here just for this one game when I could be playing games.

MC please do not disappoint.

Keikaku

DRG is a boss! And a nice ceremony to top it all off :D

I'm sad that MC couldn't pull it out though, but he's still a boss too!

syllogism said:
The trademark greedy MC build and he didn't even attempt to scout
he did scout hatch first and lost a scout stalker, it is hard for toss to scout zerg in the time between zergling speed and robo/stargate/hallu,

Trickster

Deadly said:
Fuck what did he do ? Did he pound back on MCs booth?

yeah

Can someone with more game knowledge than me explain why anyone would ever do a build like what MC did on a map with a wide ramp? Getting a very fast nexus and pump probes while only getting 1 gate + stargate seems absolutely insane to me.

syllogism

pieatorium said:
he did scout hatch first and lost a scout stalker, it is hard for toss to scout zerg in the time between zergling speed and robo/stargate/hallu,
It's definitely hard or almost impossible, but when you are that greedy you should at least try to sneak a probe in

Keikaku

Trickster said:
yeah

Can someone with more game knowledge than me explain why anyone would ever do a build like what MC did on a map with a wide ramp? Getting a very fast nexus and pump probes while only getting 1 gate + stargate seems absolutely insane to me.

I concur. I was thinking that maybe he was just making it seem like he was taking his expo, before canceling it and putting down a bunch of extra gates. I would think that after seeing Nestea dismantle Inca with a similar build, MC would have been more cautious. I guess not :/

Keikaku said:
I concur. I was thinking that maybe he was just making it seem like he was taking his expo, before canceling it and putting down a bunch of extra gates. I would think that after seeing Nestea dismantle Inca with a similar build, MC would have been more cautious. I guess not :/
The gas steal reduced sentry numbers and probably also delayed the stargate. He saw the opponent hatch first so likely he assumed he was going for eco play.

syllogism

Trickster said:
yeah

I doubt he actually thinks he can hold that with his build, so basically MC is either stupid/cocky or gambling because he isn't comfortable playing PvZ with the zergs getting an early lead. Harsh perhaps, but that early on I don't think there are really other alternatives

Keikaku

pieatorium said:
The gas steal reduced sentry numbers and probably also delayed the stargate. He saw the opponent hatch first so likely he assumed he was going for eco play.

He'd need around 8-9 sentries to hold that ramp indefinitely, and that assumes perfect micro with no misplaced fields. At least, if the ramp is indeed as big as it looks. Even if he'd had the full gas from the get-go, I don't think he would have had enough sentries.

hamchan

What the fuck I press play on the VODs and I see it's still Doa/Moletrap. I don't hate them but they are nothing, NOTHING, compared to Tastosis. Where the fuck is Tastosis seriously?!
I'd say a large reason why I watch GSL over other leagues is because of Tastosis and how great they are. Hopefully this is all just leading up to Day[9] + Tastosis or something because I'm not happy.

Top Bottom