• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godmode game bug discovered for diablo 3

Lijik

It was foretold in the hallowed halls of the Idle Thumbs, that you'd never meet such a formidable foe as

THE WiiiiiIIIIiiiiZAAAAAaaaAAARD

Aesthet1c

You do realize how ridiculous this is right? Getting banned from a single player game.

Except it's not a single player game. Plus since it's all tied into the RMAH, I'm sure they will take it very serious with a hotfix within 24 hours, and temp bans all around.

shaowebb

Wait this is a loot drop game where you can sell your loot for REALWORLD money...oh god. Invulnerable loot collecting.

Takuan

Except it's not a single player game. Plus since it's all tied into the RMAH, I'm sure they will take it very serious with a hotfix within 24 hours, and temp bans all around.

How can they ban for this?

folks still play this game? lol

this game is dead. a lot of folks are leaving in droves...
I've been reading this a lot. Are there actual numbers, or is it based on internet forum posts? Genuinely curious. I have no doubt in my mind that many have quit and will probably not play again for a significant amount of time - one of my friends beat it on normal and was done with it afterward, and I imagine a lot of people fall in to this bracket - but there are still likely quite a few people playing.

It took them 12 years to figure out how to monetize Diablo. Congratulations, you succeeded Blizzard.
I agree with the bolded. I enjoyed what I played of the game and will continue to load it up occasionally to check out the changes, but the core content is not at all reflective of its time in dev. Maybe a quarter that, and even then I might be stretching it.

Wait this is a loot drop game where you can sell your loot for REALWORLD money...oh god. Invulnerable loot collecting.

Nothing like shortsighted greed to ruin everything as usual. The whole of D3 is designed around maximizing use of the RMAH by players. It took them 12 years to figure out how to monetize Diablo. Congratulations, you succeeded Blizzard.

Acerac

Banned
Diablo 3 is probably the only game I've ever tried that is more entertaining to not play. I got payed to play it and the constant fallout is amazing entertainment. AWESOME game.

Aesthet1c

No it's a single player that happens to have co-op. Keep thinking its an MMO or "everyone played Diablo 2 online anyway"

It doesn't matter. This game is always online, and always connected to Blizzard's servers. With people's real money tied into the auction house, there is no way they will let stuff like this stand. Call it single player if you want, but you are playing this game on Blizzard's servers even if you are playing alone.

Margalis

Banned
Because it's an exploit. They ban people for using exploits in WoW as well.

Using the in-game abilities is an exploit?

"We meant fireball to do 10 damage but we accidentally typed in 100 instead - ban everyone using fireball!"

Maybe they should ban their programmers from working at Blizzard and hire new ones.

"We meant fireball to do 10 damage but we accidentally typed in 100 instead - ban everyone using fireball!"

Maybe they should ban their programmers from working at Blizzard and hire new ones.

They don't have any choice but to be aggressive against cheaters because of the RMAH, even if it's a glitch that doesn't require 3rd party programs to abuse. Blizzard made this bed so now they are going to lie in it, that's all.

That is actually pretty standard for Blizzard. They definitely took a page out of Verant/SOE's old book of, "You're in our world now and we will fucking ban you if we feel like it."

One of the reasons I've always had mad respect for Turbine, even when also hating some of their decisions, because they absolutely copped to exploits being their fault, instead of punishing the player.

Margalis

Banned
They don't have any choice but to be aggressive against cheaters because of the RMAH, even if it's a glitch that doesn't require 3rd party programs to abuse. Blizzard made this bed so now they are going to lie in it, that's all.

I agree in a way but to me calling people "cheaters" when they use logical errors programmed into the game is kinda weak.

Patch the problem? Sure. Ban people for using it? Eh. At the very least everyone should be warned first.

JJD

I bet the guy who discovered this glitch has been using it for a couple weeks before he decided to make it public.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Gonna abuse this as much as I can before they patch it out. It's hard enough getting decent loot without worrying about dying anyway.

Did an act 3 clear and diablo kill all 5 stacks with 3 other friends, we got carried by our decked out wizard friend, all mf gear on (except him) and got shit loot.

LOL...

Puts shit in perspective.

I'm not wasting any more time on this game, I was away from it for like a month already.

Rapstah

They've temporarily banned entire guilds who beat bosses in unexpected bugged ways. If THIS bug were in WoW and allowed a guild to get the first kill of something major, someone would absolutely be banned.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
They've temporarily banned entire guilds who beat bosses in unexpected bugged ways. If THIS bug were in WoW and allowed a guild to get the first kill of something major, someone would absolutely be banned.

But gm's can track this stuff down easy on a game like WoW, I doubt this is easily trackable in D3.

Top Bottom