• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godmode game bug discovered for diablo 3

Haunted

People obviously won't be banned for this since it's an untrackable exploit of an in-game glitch using in-game abilities in unexpected ways.

This also isn't that big of a deal because 1) it'll be fixed soon and 2) - as people have already said - this just changes the chances of getting lvl 61+ loot a couple percentages up (for those who have been stuck in earlier acts 2 forever).

Inferno – Act II
iLvl 61: 23.3%
iLvl 62: 18.6%
iLvl 63: 9.3%

Inferno – Act III and Act IV
iLvl 61: 27.1%
iLvl 62: 21.7%
iLvl 63: 16.3%

whoop de doo you'll still be getting mostly shit, congratulations.

The Hermit

Haha, That almost make me want to return to diablo... I would have to level a wizz from groud up, but it could be fun raping hordes of Monsters withoubt being killed in 1 hit.

I am pretty sure that by the time I get a wizard to the proper level, this will be patched

Card Boy

Banned
Why is this even a debate? I can't believe always-online-DRM is being confused for multiplayer game-mode.

I know but a worrying amount of people have convinced themselves that Diablo 3 is not a single player game because "everyone played online anyway" in Diablo 2. Online DRM is not a feature and it doesn't make the game a MMO.

syllogism

some attitude this guy has, moans about bugs and blizzard's RMAH then asked for subscribers to his youtube channel and has an ad at the start of the video.
D3 suffers from significant design issues, but bugs? Even at release there were only very minor issues (bugs) with the actual game.

gatti-man

I have a lvl 60 wizard but this wont get me to turn on this crappy game. Blizzard has miles to go before D3 is proper or even fun.

drkOne

Do the people buying those items actually care how they're gotten? Also, this would naturally lower the cost of said items due to more competition, benefiting both the farmer (being easier to get) and the consumer (cheaper prices). I think Blizzard needs to let the free market decide.

How does this benefit everyone who isn't a Wizard? It doesn't, it actually makes their previous effort worthless.

You're playing the devil's advocate here. Are you sure you want to?

hyduK

Banned
I know but a worrying amount of people have convinced themselves that Diablo 3 is not a single player game because "everyone played online anyway" in Diablo 2. Online DRM is not a feature and it doesn't make the game a MMO.
It's a game that's intended to be played with the MP features (whether that be actually playing with people or having access to others as a means of trade).

And since when does always online = MMO? There's plenty of games you play online only that aren't MMO's.

Interfectum

It's a game that's intended to be played with the MP features (whether that be actually playing with people or having access to others as a means of trade).

The only reason to force people online is for DRM and RMAH. The game would be FULLY playable in an offline mode. Literally nothing would be different.

They designed a single player game then wrapped it with a bunch of online frills bullshit to justify forcing people online.

Arucardo

How is this even possible?

A beta version of a game I was testing corrupted my windows 7 install about a month ago and it was impossible to repair without a system image (never made one...). A few days after it happened they sent out an email to testers saying it could happen.

There was also one game beta where if you uninstalled the game it cleaned out the whole drive, lol. At least they caught that one fast.

hyduK

Banned
The only reason to force people online is for DRM and RMAH. The game would be FULLY playable in an offline mode. Literally nothing would be different.

They designed a single player game then wrapped it with a bunch of online frills bullshit to justify forcing people online.
If the first two games weren't objectively better when played online, you would have half an argument.

Makes you wonder. Is he the first person to find it or has there been other people using it since launch and they just haven't said anything to anyone about it?

gatti-man

If the first two games weren't objectively better when played online, you would have half an argument.

Since Blizzard made it harder to group than play sp at launch I would say even blizzard viewed this as a mostly sp game. I havent played post balancing but I can tell you at launch playing mp in hardcore was certainly LESS fun but then again the game wasnt fun to begin with.

Interfectum

There are many games that are 'objectively better' when playing with other people. Most are still fully playable offline / single player lag free.

MrDaravon

Someone just posted a similar DH bug

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6146566908

Someone try it and see if it works!!

I hope WD bugs are posted next :(

I can't see the video coz I'm on my phone.

Troll video aside, I did something that I believe is what they're describing and it DID work (I was invincible) until I cleared the act. I didn't try very hard but I wasn't able to replicate it, so I never posted it. I'd believe it though.

Interfectum

Again, why does that matter to anyone else? This isnt an e-sport its a loot grind game.

Probably achievements I'm guessing.

I agree with you though, it doesn't matter... but Blizzard has kind of made the community care about things like this. They don't allow mods, they force everyone online, etc.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I'd really hate to be a Blizzard employee right now... Or maybe I'd love it for how ridiculous it all is.

Each and every single thing that happens regarding Diablo 3 is under so much scrutiny and receives so much sarcasm and outright negativity it must be hard to bear for anyone at Blizzard who's emotionally invested in this game and has to check fan reaction. No doubt this bug will be fixed in a matter of hours, 2 days tops, but this doesn't matter: apparently there's a secret rule that games can't have glitches even for a minute if they've been in the making for many years and are made by Blizzard.

There's no reason why a 12-year-in-the-making game should be technically perfect. None, because those 12 years can be spent on any number of things, and every time you fundamentally remake some aspects of the design (which I'm sure Blizzard does a lot throughout the development process), you most likely have to do bug testing all over again. Some of you guys seem to believe that the actual game was developed in say, 10 years, and that the last 2 years have been entirely devoted to bug testing. They haven't. I'm no developer, but a bit of thinking and common sense tells me development isn't such a straightforward process.

At any rate, unless Blizzard fucks up and takes weeks to fix this bug (which they won't), nobody will remember this in a year, let alone 8-12 years when Diablo 4 comes out, just as people have forgotten about Diablo 2's design issues. Nobody can possibly be implying that D2 was this crown jewel of polished design months from its release without a serious case of nostalgia. It might have been made in less time than D3, but all games back then required less development time. Context.

Saw this thread. Re-downloaded D3 client after not playing for 2 months. Tested exploit. Works. Killed Inferno Diablo with 5x neph valor.

STILL GOT BULLSHIT LOL

Uninstalled again. ^__^

Hari Seldon

I'd really hate to be a Blizzard employee right now... Or maybe I'd love it for how ridiculous it all is.

Each and every single thing that happens regarding Diablo 3 is under so much scrutiny and receives so much sarcasm and outright negativity it must be hard to bear for anyone at Blizzard who's emotionally invested in this game and has to check fan reaction. No doubt this bug will be fixed in a matter of hours, 2 days tops, but this doesn't matter: apparently there's a secret rule that games can't have glitches even for a minute if they've been in the making for many years and are made by Blizzard.

There's no reason why a 12-year-in-the-making game should be technically perfect. None, because those 12 years can be spent on any number of things, and every time you fundamentally remake some aspects of the design (which I'm sure Blizzard does a lot throughout the development process), you most likely have to do bug testing all over again. Some of you guys seem to believe that the actual game was developed in say, 10 years, and that the last 2 years have been entirely devoted to bug testing. They haven't. I'm no developer, but a bit of thinking and common sense tells me development isn't such a straightforward process.

At any rate, unless Blizzard fucks up and takes weeks to fix this bug (which they won't), nobody will remember this in a year, let alone 8-12 years when Diablo 4 comes out, just as people have forgotten about Diablo 2's design issues. Nobody can possibly be implying that D2 was this crown jewel of polished design months from its release without a serious case of nostalgia. It might have been made in less time than D3, but all games back then required less development time. Context.

I think the fact that the game is completely average is why people are loling at the exploits. If they spent 12 years developing a 7/10 game, with a very unpopular online system, pretty bland and basic art, and on top of this has bugs, wtf where they doing for those 12 years?

scy

New week, new Diablo 3 hate thread.

If they spent 12 years developing a 7/10 game, with a very unpopular online system, pretty bland and basic art, and on top of this has bugs, wtf where they doing for those 12 years?

Well, not working on it for 12 years for one.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
This is the biggest joke in history

I wanted to play D3 for half a decade or more.

I am so fucking disappointed in this game from many perspectives it's not even funny.

What a fucking shame.

My only go to guaranteed game is DOTA 2 now... I expected D3 to take over the #1 spot in general..

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I think the fact that the game is completely average is why people are loling at the exploits. If they spent 12 years developing a 7/10 game, with a very unpopular online system, pretty bland and basic art, and on top of this has bugs, wtf where they doing for those 12 years?

Any game that has people play at least 100 hours before getting bored isn't 'average' in any way, especially in an era where many blockbuster titles only last a tenth of that. Not talking about you specifically as I don't know how many hours you've poured into it, but I found that the biggest whiners are also those who've played the game the most. Many have made it sound like D3 is the worst thing to happen since Atari E.T. (or 'the biggest joke in history' as someone else said a few posts above) when they have 300+ hours of playtime. I mean, come on, of course you'll get bored after so many hours in such a short period of time. That's statistically bound to happen to most people, even among fans.

I don't care if it's not up to your expectations after Diablo 2. I don't care if you've played that game every day for the last 10 years as some claim to. Average games don't have you addicted enough that you're willing to pour tens (if not hundreds) of hours of intensive play before finally getting bored, period. Heck, even games that are considered good don't manage that very often. Only the best do that.

This is an average game? Then I say fuck yeah for average games, give me more average games, I'm ready for them.

Takuan

Any game that has people play at least 100 hours before getting bored isn't 'average' in any way, especially in an era where many blockbuster titles only last a tenth of that. Not talking about you specifically as I don't know how many hours you've poured into it, but I found that the biggest whiners are also those who've played the game the most. Many have made it sound like D3 is the worst thing to happen since Atari E.T. (or 'the biggest joke in history' as someone else said a few posts above) when they have 300+ hours of playtime. I mean, come on, of course you'll get bored after so many hours in such a short period of time. That's statistically bound to happen to most people, even among fans.

I don't care if it's not up to your expectations after Diablo 2. I don't care if you've played that game every day for the last 10 years as some claim to. Average games don't have you addicted enough that you're willing to pour tens (if not hundreds) of hours of intensive play before finally getting bored, period. Heck, even games that are considered good don't manage that very often. Only the best do that.

This is an average game? Then I say fuck yeah for average games, give me more average games, I'm ready for them.
This man makes a good point. I've easily spent 100+ hours on this game, and despite feeling disappointed with the end product, I'll likely spend more time on it as they make refinements and additions.

Man, if I had a wizard, I'd buy cheap +int and +mf gear and farm the shit out of Inferno.

Any game that has people play at least 100 hours before getting bored isn't 'average' in any way, especially in an era where many blockbuster titles only last a tenth of that.

That said... I know people who have placed random facebook games for hundreds of hours. Don't discount the clever tricks developers use to keep people playing, especially in loot whore games.

Sophia

Any game that has people play at least 100 hours before getting bored isn't 'average' in any way, especially in an era where many blockbuster titles only last a tenth of that.

It's a lootwhore game with mechanics specifically designed to make you play for hours before you get to the real meat of the game. It's not unreasonable to call it an average game after 50+ hours.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
I wish major patches fix this game and bring it up to real Blizzard quality...

They just need to tweak some shit around to make it right.

Pimpbaa

Since all the game logic is done server side like a mmorpg, the game would not be playable offline without some major reworking.

took advantage of this last night and cleared inferno (and got all of the inferno achievements i could) with my two friends. wanted to do the no item clear for all of the bosses but they were taking too long. still, feels good man. :p

Since all the game logic is done server side like a mmorpg, the game would not be playable offline without some major reworking.

Didn`t Diablo 3 already get hacked so we can host our own servers? I don't think a lot of reworking would need to done.

Either way, I thought about reinstalling the game then I remember why I quit in the first place. Bad loot is still bad loot.

Top Bottom