• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V [TRAILER #2] - Talk Thread

Dennis

Banned
Is there any word from Rockstar about the trailer being in-game graphics, cgi, PC version or whatever?

I find it hard to believe that this is in-game console footage.

Socreges

Banned
Do PC mods let you tweak police sensitivity for GTAIV? I can understand why Rockstar had them be so unresponsive, but I think I'd prefer them to let me get away with less.

Also more chases/shootouts between the police and random would be cool, if only to make the city feel more alive.

And yeah, the wanted system was garbage. Lots of room for improvement.

Raptomex

Do PC mods let you tweak police sensitivity for GTAIV? I can understand why Rockstar had them be so unresponsive, but I think I'd prefer them to let me get away with less.

Also more chases/shootouts between the police and random would be cool, if only to make the city feel more alive.

And yeah, the wanted system was garbage. Lots of room for improvement.
I don't know about sensitivity but there are some police script mods. Arrest warrant is really cool. If you commit enough crimes and are spotted you gain a reputation and if a cop sees you it will trigger however many wanted stars.

While I did like the idea of the wanted system in IV it does need some improvement. I don't know what but I know there's more they can do with it.

Gravijah

anyone else not like how the handling of the cars looks in trailer? i know it's because they are staged, but they seem way too light.

Sethos

Banned
anyone else not like how the handling of the cars looks in trailer? i know it's because they are staged, but they seem way too light.

Yeah, that's a genuine concern of mine. I hope they haven't listened to all the whining and made some Sleeping Dogs / Saints Row crap handling model. Then again, in Rockstar I trust. Cars also looked off in GTA IV's cutscenes.

I love that "Stevie Wonder Skeletons" is the first suggestion on YT when typing STEV.... right now

I am so stoked about the radio. Knowing Rockstar they probably have some cool exclusive songs in V as well.

MormaPope

Banned
Yeah, that's a genuine concern of mine. I hope they haven't listened to all the whining and made some Sleeping Dogs / Saints Row crap handling model. Then again, in Rockstar I trust. Cars also looked off in GTA IV's cutscenes.

They also said they were going to try to satisfy racing sim fans with GTA V. My guess is the cars themselves have a much greater sense of speed and braking is more responsive/forgiving. I doubt they would revert back to really basic and arcadey vehicle physics, it would break my heart if they did though.

Megasoum

Banned
That GT Pop-Block is terrible. No real usefull infos and a ton of errors (saying Nika in GTA5 or talking about the "school guy" when it's clearly a therapist).

UrbanRats

Is there any word from Rockstar about the trailer being in-game graphics, cgi, PC version or whatever?

Game is blurry as fuck and still has ton of aliasing, plus textures are terrible and it will probably run at 25 fps.
I don't think it's impossible, although it looks pretty amazing, considering the HW and the scale.

UrbanRats

I've read the team of MCLA has worked on it this time.
Houser said they rewritten the vehicles physics and it's now closer to a proper racing game, with vehicles that hold the ground better.

LQX

Have you played L.A Noire on consoles? That game looks amazing and I can only seeing GTA V being an improvement coming some 2 years after. That shot looks good but not that good that consoles can't match it especially after Halo 4.

Sethos

Banned
I've read the team of MCLA has worked on it this time.
Houser said they rewritten the vehicles physics and it's now closer to a proper racing game, with vehicles that hold the ground better.

Sounds interesting, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Them calling the cars "boats" reassures me that they knew there was a problem.

I've taken corners in SUVs at 30 and they don't flip over.

Muffdraul

Them calling the cars "boats" reassures me that they knew there was a problem.

I've taken corners in SUVs at 30 and they don't flip over.

I'm ecstatic that they have confirmed improvements over GTA IV's driving. As long is it doesn't mean de-evolving back to the PS2 era digital/arcadey "lol pfyziks whuts that" stuff.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.

Lighting is nice but apart from the three cars in the picture there isn't any objects on display and no other traffic to speak of. I don't find this hard to believe. But it looks fucking stunning--I have to admit.

Raptomex

So I finally got my GI mag. Read the article. Awesome read. So a dynamic mission includes robbing a money truck for a quick score. That's awesome.

DjRoomba

Banned
O.....K....

In-engine running on 2 x GTX 680s maybe......

They have said ps3 version. Hopefully it's not bs, and it does look this good and run his smooth. Past gta trailers have been accurate depictions of in-game on the consoles and Saints row runs as nice as this, we'll see

Squire

Banned
I see they confirmed it's in-engine. I still think Dennis and anyone else is right to be skeptical. I trust R* but before they put that fact in people's faces. This time someone had to ask. That's curious.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Have you played L.A Noire on consoles? That game looks amazing and I can only seeing GTA V being an improvement coming some 2 years after. That shot looks good but not that good that consoles can't match it especially after Halo 4.
L.A. Noire wasn't the RAGE engine as this game is.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews

Oh look a graphics whore from the PC master race being fooled by lowly console devs trickery. Watch that trailer again kid. Ha!

Seriously, there's quite a few low res textures and not that high polygon models in the trailer. Thing is, they put most of the processing power in what you're more likely to give attention to like cars and main characters. Guess the way they directed it helped too.

But I'll admit there's some trickery framerate's wise, effect's wise and we don't get to see the engins cough up with stuff like texture popping or field of view.

Ranger X

why? That looks exactly like GTA4 graphics but with more accurate/better lighting.
Perfectly doable.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
"In-game.... PC game".

More like it.

why? That looks exactly like GTA4 graphics but with more accurate/better lighting.
Perfectly doable.

lol, no.

No LOD popping, what appears to be vector-based motion-blur, etc. This is probably PC DX11 footage.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Bookmarking this page for when the console versions ship looking like that and GAF says they're not impressed.

Dabanton

I'd say it's console footage especially after viewing the trailer on Xbox Live. R* have said they have built this game on an improved version of the RAGE engine. I would imagine Max Payne 3 was probably used for this as well as both games have that more solid look to their worlds obviously MP3 is more enclosed but this gen R* has been pretty straight about not bullshitting us when it comes to how the final games will look.

StuBurns

Banned
I don't know why anyone doesn't believe this is from a console, the image quality in the trailer isn't at all beyond the realms of believability, and Rockstar don't release bullshit trailers.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Anyone else reminded of Boyd Crowder (Justified) from Trevor's appearance? I was half-expecting him to speak with the twang of a Kentuckian.

Boyd5.jpg

I'm starting to wonder whether or not the press saw actual gameplay.

No mention of the HUD, inventory system, etc.
Either that or they have a gag order.

I have no respect for the gaming press but I can't believe they're that oblivious.

The first one was.

That one was before they got the actual PS3 specs. Sony tricked them.

I have no respect for the gaming press but I can't believe they're that oblivious.

Yeah, we've gotten basically no real gameplay information. It's crazy that people can say their hype "is maxed out" already when we still barely know anything about the mechanics.

I'm pretty sure the previews mentioned the mini map.

Top Bottom