• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4 + iCEnhancer mod. Holy mother of god.

Van Buren

zaidr said:
Mine doesn't look as nice as this. Specifically the power lines. Is there something i'm doing wrong? I guess its an AA issue, but the power lines keep flickering, and most don't even show up on mine.

My Icenhancer config shots are taken with supersampling on. Helps a ton with the significant aliasing issue, but the fps resembles the console versions too much for my liking. If I remember right, I think I also disabled the sharpening filter and other such exaggerated effects for that shot.

FXAA is probably the way to go, since the fps hit seems to be 1-2 fps at most.

Sethos

Banned
Just saw the fog today, looks quite nice as well, perhaps a bit too much but think I might try out the zombie mod later with it, should make for epic gameplay!

699086146.png

926762904.png

Van Buren

-viper- said:
How do you install custom cars without any bugs?

Everytime I install custom cars, I see taxi cars everywhere.

If none of the traffic control mods work, you can always try lowering the vehicle density to around 29.

Sethos

Banned
mr_nothin said:
If you dont have the "Realistic Driving/Handling Mod" then you should definitely get it NOW!

Really? I think it's shit. Cars are still sliding like before but with longer brake distances and shittier turning, ruins the fun completely.

mr_nothin

Banned
Sethos said:
Really? I think it's shit. Cars are still sliding like before but with longer brake distances and shittier turning, ruins the fun completely.
I dont get as much sliding as before. Even if I do start to slide, it's a lot more manageable than before. There are only a few cars that I have problems controlling and it's mostly the muscle cars.

Love the crash physics in that mod. Feels weighty and meaty rather than 2 boxes hitting each other.

Sethos

Banned
mr_nothin said:
I dont get as much sliding as before. Even if I do start to slide, it's a lot more manageable than before. There are only a few cars that I have problems controlling and it's mostly the muscle cars.

Love the crash physics in that mod. Feels weighty and meaty rather than 2 boxes hitting each other.

We must be playing different games then. Always loved the default handling, I mastered it completely and crashing feels punchy to me. The handling mod just destroys all the fun, it even made the Sanchez completely shit to control which is my favourite pass-time, tricks on dirtbike through the city. The sliding seems a LOT worse with that mod because of the 'realistic handling' they have a weight to them that kills to ability to high-speed steer. Honestly, there's nothing realistic about that mod because it still feels like an arcade mash gone horribly wrong, just with less control.

mr_nothin

Banned
Sethos said:
We must be playing different games then. Always loved the default handling, I mastered it completely and crashing feels punchy to me. The handling mod just destroys all the fun, it even made the Sanchez completely shit to control which is my favourite pass-time, tricks on dirtbike through the city. The sliding seems a LOT worse with that mod because of the 'realistic handling' they have a weight to them that kills to ability to high-speed steer. Honestly, there's nothing realistic about that mod because it still feels like an arcade mash gone horribly wrong, just with less control.
I've mastered the default handling too and didnt get all the hate for it. You just had to learn not to slam on the brake all the time. I usually just let go of the gas whenever I wanted to turn and lightly used the brake only when absolutely needed.

I guess it's just preference though. I personally hated the fish tailing on all bikes in the game. I also enjoy the higher speed cap. Always felt like the default speed cap was way too low.

Sethos

Banned
mr_nothin said:
I've mastered the default handling too and didnt get all the hate for it. You just had to learn not to slam on the brake all the time. I usually just let go of the gas whenever I wanted to turn and lightly used the brake only when absolutely needed.

I guess it's just preference though. I personally hated the fish tailing on all bikes in the game. I also enjoy the higher speed cap. Always felt like the default speed cap was way too low.

Yeah, definitely is a preference :) Maybe I've just grown too old and bitter to learn new things. After 1500+ hours in GTA IV and with 5 completions, having to learn a new handling model now that doesn't really grab me by the balls first time around just doesn't feel so appealing to me :(

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Still can't get the best AA nor do I have the best config but it does look better than vanilla GTA4

gtaiv2011-07-0813-00-0m8j9.png

gtaiv2011-07-0813-03-3pm6i.png

gtaiv2011-07-0813-04-54knx.png

gtaiv2011-07-0813-05-1ijtz.png

gtaiv2011-07-0813-06-0fmxq.png

I need a better ini to make that look better

Needs helps pleez!
Ownz and in love with my Alienware mALX lappy single core w/ 2 GTX7900Go SLI 2HDD 400GB.
Can you help me make it GTA 4 work? Will it work?
Yes, when I look at these pics I get inspired! (will sell everything I own to buy the not invented bleeding edge tech to run this mofo....uh well not everything)

Heplz or shoot me in the head!

ss_lemonade

Where can I find dpeasant's config? All I see is the one from icehancer.

Also, when using ICEhancer why does mine not look like that one screenshot in the start of the thread? Different time of day? Its definitely an improvement but a lot of times, I get this really blinding lighting/bloom. Dpeasant shots seem to be easier to the eyes.

-viper-

Banned
georaldc said:
Where can I find dpeasant's config? All I see is the one from icehancer.

Also, when using ICEhancer why does mine not look like that one screenshot in the start of the thread? Different time of day? Its definitely an improvement but a lot of times, I get this really blinding lighting/bloom. Dpeasant shots seem to be easier to the eyes.
Core files.

Effect.txt for FXAA.

Replace the effect.txt in the core files with the one you download for FXAA. Also disable antialiasing in the config file to disable ssaa.

RiverBed

Banned
Here's a stupid question: how do I install the mod (in this game or mods in games in general)? Do a game's menus have to support a mod option? or do I just d/l a free file, install it then normally boot up my game, or what?

iNvid02

how do i enable motion blur and other goodness, shots look like this right now

3d0vu.png

RiverBed said:
Here's a stupid question: how do I install the mod (in this game or mods in games in general)? Do a game's menus have to support a mod option? or do I just d/l a free file, install it then normally boot up my game, or what?

for this game at least you just download some files and put them into the game directory. you need these files: http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/icenhancer-12---enb-graphic-mod-f9236

then just boot up and play, other games have mod options in menus etc once you have the files, main thing is downloading the mod files and putting them into the game's install folder

Ifrit said:
Anyway to use this mode at 60 fps? Haven't tried it yet, just wondering

Lower your specs?

Sethos said:
Damn the DoF / Blur looks terrible with this mod.

Looks better in game and at 30fps. In my case, using fraps to caputure the video the game went down to the 20's. Would be awesome if there was a program that didint affect my performance.

Sethos

Banned
Otrebor Nightmarecoat said:
Looks better in game and at 30fps. In my case, using fraps to caputure the video the game went down to the 20's. Would be awesome if there was a program that didint affect my performance.

Erm, I was commenting about In-game, my own game. It looks utterly terrible, even has the infamous Rockstar RAGE engine dithering that just looks so bad. Definitely won't be playing with it on, ever.

rhubbard16 said:
Needs helps pleez!
Ownz and in love with my Alienware mALX lappy single core w/ 2 GTX7900Go SLI 2HDD 400GB.
Can you help me make it GTA 4 work? Will it work?
Yes, when I look at these pics I get inspired! (will sell everything I own to buy the not invented bleeding edge tech to run this mofo....uh well not everything)

Heplz or shoot me in the head!

Are you speaking english?

Let me attempt to translate:

You own an Alienware mALX laptop. It has a single core cpu and GTX7900Go x2 in SLI configuration. It has 2 hard drives (either 400gb each, or totaling 400gb when combined). Can we (GAF) help you make GTA 4 run on this hardware?

Answer: No. GTA 4 is poorly optimized and heavily cpu dependant. It downright demands at least a dual core cpu.

When you viewed this thread, and the screenshots within, you wanted to replicate them, and play the game. You are also willing to sell all of your possessions to purchase hardware which doesn't even exist yet to accomplish this. Actually, you won't sell everything.

Answer: You won't be running this at any reasonable frame rate with a laptop short of POSSIBLY an Alienware m17x R3.

That being said, the ~$1000 "mid-range" build in the "I need a New PC!" 2011 Thread of reading the OP. Seriously. |OT2| should at least get you close.

At least I think that is what you were asking?

CrashPrime said:
Are you speaking english?

Let me attempt to translate:

You own an Alienware mALX laptop. It has a single core cpu and GTX7900Go x2 in SLI configuration. It has 2 hard drives (either 400gb each, or totaling 400gb when combined). Can we (GAF) help you make GTA 4 run on this hardware?

Answer: No. GTA 4 is poorly optimized and heavily cpu dependant. It downright demands at least a dual core cpu.

When you viewed this thread, and the screenshots within, you wanted to replicate them, and play the game. You are also willing to sell all of your possessions to purchase hardware which doesn't even exist yet to accomplish this. Actually, you won't sell everything.

Answer: You won't be running this at any reasonable frame rate with a laptop short of POSSIBLY an Alienware m17x R3.

That being said, the ~$1000 "mid-range" build in the "I need a New PC!" 2011 Thread of reading the OP. Seriously. |OT2| should at least get you close.

At least I think that is what you were asking?

Thank you for your response and patience albeit without any comedic wordz like myself. You make me and my other fellow junior members proud to be on GAF! To give you a little more info to paw-around-at mALX will run GTA 4 stock no mods and no firmware updates, at almost 30-40FPS given how much is going on at one time.
What I was initially looking for were other Alienware mALX owners on the forum-wondering if they had tried this or the ENB series mods with notable success.
If so how did they achieve it with the endless sea of stale drivers Alienware has listed to download?
Any and all feedback is accepted and appreciated.....

Niko!.............Cousin!..where's the mansion?

-viper-

Banned
I really like the look of ICEnhancers mod. But the sky looks red at night time, and the motion blur/depth of field is SHIT.

Would it be possible to combine his settings with dpeasent's motion blur? :\

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I just did a quick OC on my CPU and got very little of a FPS increase which is a shame. I thought i would get something from it going by my past GTA4 play through on an old C2D.

At the moment it looks like ass. I really need to try and get it looking good again, it's just all spotty and strange and as someone mentioned on my bad youtube video, the trees are super fluro green.

Coldsnap

Just took my last final and now I'm gonna spend the rest of the night trying to get this working on my steam version. I've been in this thread from the beginning so I sorta know what to expect, been looking forward all week to this.

Coldsnap said:
Just took my last final and now I'm gonna spend the rest of the night trying to get this working on my steam version. I've been in this thread from the beginning so I sorta know what to expect, been looking forward all week to this.

Well if you can make it look like the original screenshot in the OP, I would be interested in the steps you took to make it happen.

So far, all my efforts have resulted in a washed out, not that hot looking version. The best I've been able to make it look has been at night with rain. IMO, the other screenshots in this thread are better, but aren't even close to that screenshot with the Audi in the OP.

PS: I've already turned in my master race card for my shamefur dispray (Shogun 2 inside joke -- no blatant racism intended) of not being able to mod this properly ;-)

-viper- said:
How do you install custom cars without any bugs?

Everytime I install custom cars, I see taxi cars everywhere.

Its called the taxibug.
Look it up.
There are a few traffic mods to fix it like TrafficControlSystem.net

And to get AA working you need to change this line in the ice config:
ForceAntialiasing=true
and delete option.txt as thats the fxaa and if used with the enb aa it will make the screen blury

Gaogaogao

Sethos said:
Just saw the fog today, looks quite nice as well, perhaps a bit too much but think I might try out the zombie mod later with it, should make for epic gameplay!

699086146.png

926762904.png
holy shit, dat silent hill mod

when do the next gen cards come out again?

Coldsnap

yellow submarine said:
Well if you can make it look like the original screenshot in the OP, I would be interested in the steps you took to make it happen.

So far, all my efforts have resulted in a washed out, not that hot looking version. The best I've been able to make it look has been at night with rain. IMO, the other screenshots in this thread are better, but aren't even close to that screenshot with the Audi in the OP.

PS: I've already turned in my master race card for my shamefur dispray (Shogun 2 inside joke -- no blatant racism intended) of not being able to mod this properly ;-)

Yea you know what I just realized its not worth a trouble. If he releases a mod for the current steam version that is easy to install I will try it. Right now ill just use better city textures and I need to find a good car mod.

I've heard that if you could find a copy of both of these files (fonts.dat and fonts_r.dat) from the original version, you could actually get rid of the no text in menu bug that plagues the steam version users. So far I haven't found anything.

I can't set up my graphics setting because of this bug and it kinda pisses me off.

Does that ring a bell to anyone ?

here's some pics anyway :

Vjldb.jpg

tgFR7.jpg

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
What's everyones in games settings actually at when it?

I'm more interested in the slider options, i forget which ones they are :D

evlcookie said:
What's everyones in games settings actually at when it?

I'm more interested in the slider options, i forget which ones they are :D

First slider at top is the resolution.
First middle screen slider is view distance.
Second is detail distance.
Third is vehicle density.
Last is shadow density.

I'm getting 40fps average in-game @1080p FXAA max setting. Apparently I got another 10 fps average by OCing my video card. Also, I disable SLI for this game because it gives me negative scaling as well as terrible slowdowns/stutters.

Spec :

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8ghz
ASUS P8P67EVO
8gb G.Skill 1600mhz
2x MSI N480GTX SLI @ 875/1750/4200
OCZ Vertex 2 80gb for windows
Seagate Barracuda 1tb for games

Rest is irrelevant.

This mod is taxing the shit out of my super computer.

Top Bottom