• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4 + iCEnhancer mod. Holy mother of god.

Launched the game from the Rockstar social club in offline mode since i get a SecuLauncher error launching from the LaunchgtaIV.exe file but i have no menus now. Someone has a solution for this? Game looks nice though.

[Solution]

The no menu problem seems to be caused by the xlive.dll file. If you havent modified you graphic settings, I reccomend cutting and pasting it in another folder, run the game offline, optimize your graphic settings and then cut/paste the xlive.dll file back to the GTAIV directory.

Tattooth

Is there any reason why I don't have any DOF or motion blur? Those driving pictures look completely different compared to mine.

Is this how its supposed to look? Looks way better but no way as impressive as the picture on the OP

k93KP.jpg

NrnIp.jpg

mxgt

Banned
waicol said:
So smooth, what's your setup?

i5 2500k @ 4.4ghz
GTX 570 stock
4gb DDR3 1600mhz

Run all settings at high-highest with sliders around the middle and I get 40fps average like that.

Van Buren

Tattooth said:
Is there any reason why I don't have any DOF or motion blur? Those driving pictures look completely different compared to mine.

Try hitting P. Also, Shift + F10 should toggle SSAO.

Otrebor Nightmarecoat said:
Is this how its supposed to look? Looks way better but no way as impressive as the picture on the OP

The picture from the OP reminds me of Dpeasant3's config - not entirely certain though.

Even if it is Icenhancer's config, bear in mind that your pictures aren't downsampled to misleadingly present better IQ than there actually is. You can also try opening the option.txt and editing sharpness to 0 to remove that sharpness filter which looks out of place in a lot of pictures so far.

Red

Do you need to install any other mods on top of this? Like ultimate tweak or better environments?

I'm trying to get the D2D version to work, but trying to launch it gives me a cmd screen for a split second and then quits the process :/

Yep not working at all, redownloading now :(

Crunched said:
Do you need to install any other mods on top of this? Like ultimate tweak or better environments?
I'm trying to get the D2D version to work, but trying to launch it gives me a cmd screen for a split second and then quits the process :/

The only things to get are listed in the OP.

Went and configured my settings with the iceconfig and got rid of the sharpness filter in the option.ini of the iceenhancer. Strange thing is if you try to ForceAntialiasing=true, the game will go into an absurd resolution. Anyways, I got better graphics but now my framerate goes from 27-31, instead of the solid 40's I had. Dosent bother me much.

xDWRG.jpg

Mfel4.jpg

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Van Buren said:
Core files.

Effect.txt for FXAA.

Replace the effect.txt in the core files with the one you download for FXAA. Also disable antialiasing in the config file to disable ssaa.

Otherwise, just the core release enables ssaa by default.
I'm gonna try the core files in your post and over write the enhancer files to see if the game looks better.

Red

The only things to get are listed in the OP.
When I asked if other mods needed to be installed on top of this, I meant does it include a suite of comprehensive effects (DoF, motion blur, additional weather, etc.), not if I needed to install more than just the mentioned files to get everything to work. I apologize for the wording. Am I still alright with just iCEnchancer? I see in the demo vid it includes what looks like ultimate graphics tweak and improved weather by default, but is it showing off the effect when compounded with other mods, or is that all included?

Going to retry tomorrow after the D2D file is done.

Also, is this compatible with hi res texture packs? I've seen people mention them here, but have they been tested together? I'd assume it would work, but I'd appreciate confirmation if possible.

LiquidMetal14

Problem with the ENB mod. It won't let me change the resolution and it's at 2500x1600 or something and my monitor doesn't support that. How do I change this?> The ingame won't let me.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
LiquidMetal14 said:
Problem with the ENB mod. It won't let me change the resolution and it's at 2500x1600 or something and my monitor doesn't support that. How do I change this?> The ingame won't let me.

It sometimes does this, Go back into the config and change whatever you changed before.

I've had the game load up in 800x600, 3500x2500, crash on startup. After about 5 times it usually gets going.

When it changed resolution on me to something massive then it was because i enabled AA and AF, if you did that, put those back to false and you should be ok.

LiquidMetal14

evlcookie said:
It sometimes does this, Go back into the config and change whatever you changed before.

I've had the game load up in 800x600, 3500x2500, crash on startup. After about 5 times it usually gets going.

When it changed resolution on me to something massive then it was because i enabled AA and AF, if you did that, put those back to false and you should be ok.
Which config?

Van Buren

LiquidMetal14 said:

Open enbseries.ini and set antialiasing to false. That should fix the resolution issue. Also make sure to open effect.txt and set sharpening to 0; I find that Dpeasant3's config produces more visually-pleasing graphics without the unnecessary sharpening filter. Lastly, toggle motion-blur and SSAO in-game by pressing P and Shift+F10 respectively.

LiquidMetal14

Van Buren said:
Open enbseries.ini and set antialiasing to false. That should fix the resolution issue. Also make sure to open effect.txt and set sharpening to 0; I find that Dpeasant3's config produces more visually-pleasing graphics without the unnecessary sharpening filter. Lastly, toggle motion-blur and SSAO in-game by pressing P and Shift+F10 respectively.
sharpeningamount=0;?

It says 5.6 right now

Didn't change the sharpening yet but with the AA to false, it won't even start now.

Van Buren

LiquidMetal14 said:
sharpeningamount=0;?

It says 5.6 right now

Did you replace the effect.txt file with the one that contains FXAA ? I remember the sharpening amount to be around 9-10 in that file. But yes, turn that setting down to 0.

Guesong

So I can't get this to work at all using the Steam instructions posted earlier.

I follow them exactly, and in the end, the game doesn't want to launch. "The game is currently unavaiable". Wat.

Please help, I'm losing my patience T_T Gonna try to reinstall it once more...

-viper-

Banned
MJinl.jpg

Af0tk.jpg

I'm using dpeasent's config - it runs far better and it looks cleaner thanks to the nice motion blur.

There is some really bad dithering in the ICEnhancer config but it looks slightly better. If only it looked like the image in the OP!

Anyone know how to fix the 'fuzziness' of ICEnhancers? Has anyone actually made a nice edit to his config so it looks clean whilst retaining the effects?

edit: lol wow, pics look pretty bad. looked so good in motion to me.

LiquidMetal14

Van Buren said:
Did you replace the effect.txt file with the one that contains FXAA ? I remember the sharpening amount to be around 9-10 in that file. But yes, turn that setting down to 0.
Doing that now, got it to work again anyways but I will use that replacement file

Pics without the effect txt

gtaiv2011-07-0721-11-1elxj.png

gtaiv2011-07-0721-11-20z0y.png

gtaiv2011-07-0721-13-1w9ge.png

gtaiv2011-07-0721-18-09z6u.png

LiquidMetal14

I disable AA and get the proper resolution but I don't have edge enhancement. I have to find a happy medium here.

Futureman

The video in the OP reminded me of the mod scene for Midtown Madness (I believe the first one for PC). It had a fairly popular mod scene and it was fun loading up custom built cars.

DCX

DCX
5914284692_4e1bd95b6c_b.jpg

This is how my GTA 4 looks like with a gtx260. Not bad at all..i need to fix some settings as the bloom is out of control!!! I also need to get the real car mods installed. I'm very happy with the results.

DCX

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Getting some weird problems. How do I change the resolution? Didn't find it in the effect.txt file. Elsewhere?

I have mine hooked up to my full hd tv.I spent a few hours with it last night.It looks out of this world good! I have unlocked the middle island.Draw dropping stuff.Its like a new game.There's no way I am going back to vanilla GT4.

Another thing is screen space ambient occlusion takes a chunk off my framerate, like 10-15fps off it.

zaidr

Van Buren said:
One final picture -
26a7015658387db9d73eacb4cf9bd49ab4d5b8ca.jpg

Mine doesn't look as nice as this. Specifically the power lines. Is there something i'm doing wrong? I guess its an AA issue, but the power lines keep flickering, and most don't even show up on mine.

Special J said:
how come the OP pic looks drastically better than the shots people are showing...

man im so curious now D:

The pic right above your post looks the same.

OP pic looks 'better' because it's downsampled lower res from a high res picture.
So you can't see any possible flaws in it because it is too small.

And a lot of people in this thread are using the wrong version of the game , or have other mods messing it up.

i have tried playing gta4 3 times, always quit about 7 hours in, this might push me to finish it with my new pc im building, looks impressive

Mohonky

Can you still get Live achievements and synch them to your account if your running this game modded?

Purchased it from the steam sale but haven't downloaded it yet.

Mohonky said:
Can you still get Live achievements and synch them to your account if your running this game modded?

Purchased it from the steam sale but haven't downloaded it yet.

You can but the iCEhncer's night time colors are ruined and it looks a little washed out. Still is a hundred times better than the vanilla version

Mohonky

You can but the iCEhncer's night time colors are ruined and it looks a little washed out. Still is a hundred times better than the vanilla version

I suppose I should have been a little more exact, does it still track your achievements? That way you can jump in later under Live mode and simply have it update to your account?

Also where are people getting the car mods from like the Aston Martin and Audi R8 etc?

RaPt[+]R

Neo Member
Hi all, I'm encountering two problems with GTA IV + Icebreaker's mod with which I could use help:

1.) How do you enable AA and AF? There is no option for this in the graphics settings menu.

2.) Whenever I enable crossfire with my 2x6970s, GTA IV's graphics settings revert to their lowest values and the game is forced into 800x600 resolution. If I disable crossfire, I can edit the graphics settings and resolution just fine. Is there a way to keep crossfire enabled and adjust the graphics settings / resolution to their proper values?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Mohonky said:
I suppose I should have been a little more exact, does it still track your achievements? That way you can jump in later under Live mode and simply have it update to your account?

It used to do that before, but I guess it's changed now, have to check. If you get achievements without logging into live, then it may synch if you log in later.

Domstercool

RaPt[+]R said:
Hi all, I'm encountering two problems with GTA IV + Icebreaker's mod with which I could use help:

1.) How do you enable AA and AF? There is no option for this in the graphics settings menu.

2.) Whenever I enable crossfire with my 2x6970s, GTA IV's graphics settings revert to their lowest values and the game is forced into 800x600 resolution. If I disable crossfire, I can edit the graphics settings and resolution just fine. Is there a way to keep crossfire enabled and adjust the graphics settings / resolution to their proper values?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Launch exe with "-norestrictions" :) I had this problem with a 6990.

Now time to test this stuff on my system. Just got iCEnhancer mod, now the textures. :)

Couly

Neo Member
Where can I get those road textures used in the video? I can't find them anywhere, the ones in Better Cities don't look that great.

4id6vr.jpg

3024en9.jpg

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
What resolution are you playing at couly?

I did a super simple and downright terrible clip of no blur, blur, no blur. It's best viewed in 720p. It was taken at 1920x1200 at around 18fps, woo! Shrunk down to 720p.

I currently have installed icenhancer 1.2, better city textures, gta enviroment mod 5 and some sort of tweak that gives me motion blur and shadows or something.

I'm not too sure if i like what i'm seeing in my pictures and game play just yet. It still needs some real tweaking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyX1Ay0PDlY

Couly

Neo Member
evlcookie said:
What resolution are you playing at couly?

I did a super simple and downright terrible clip of no blur, blur, no blur. It's best viewed in 720p. It was taken at 1920x1200 at around 18fps, woo! Shrunk down to 720p.

I currently have installed icenhancer 1.2, better city textures, gta enviroment mod 5 and some sort of tweak that gives me motion blur and shadows or something.

I'm not too sure if i like what i'm seeing in my pictures and game play just yet. It still needs some real tweaking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyX1Ay0PDlY
I'm running 1920 x 1200. I have better city textures and icenhancer. Yours doesn't look right mate, Did you follow the first post exactly? I would start fresh and just do icenhancer and better city textures, that's it, that's all you need imo. Be sure to do that xliveless stuff as well.

CrankyJay

Banned
Orellio said:
He's got an in-game stand-up bit for the comedy club. Kat Williams is in the game too.

At first I thought you were kidding but then I remembered the Kat Williams thing. I didn't realize Ricky was in it too.

I played this on ps3...this thread is really making me want to play it on my PC.

Tattooth

This might not be the right place to ask, but it is the most active GTA IV thread at the moment. I'm using the FPS mod and when I use an xbox controller, I cannot look up or down. Is this normal with said mod?

Top Bottom