• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4 + iCEnhancer mod. Holy mother of god.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
DCX said:
Yea, but from what i read its more a CPU hunger rather than GPU, i have more than enough RAM...it might be just fine..maybe not all effects at 100%.

I got it off of STEAM and will report.

DCX

Shoot let me know how it goes.

Also add me on steam id is seanfoss

IMACOMPUTA

gta10401jdb.png

IMACOMPUTA

I found the thread describing how to downgrade to 1.0.4.0

HERE

Things i forgot to mention:

I dont launch GTAIV from steam anymore.
I've configured steam to not auto update GTAIV.
When the social club pops up, select "play offline".

And thats all!

DCX

DCX
IMACOMPUTA said:

HERE

And thats all!
YOUAREASAVIOR

DCX

Megasoum

Banned
IMACOMPUTA said:

HERE

And thats all!

This is awesome!

Can you still access G4WL? (still only singleplayer of course).... I'd love to get some achievements lol.

Some random pics from yesterday:

0002u.png

0001p.png

Running with better city textures as well. I can't run AA without the image looking extremely blurry, and I have to turn the draw distance way down if I want it to be remotely smooth (hence the "fog" in the second pic), but it looks great.

I just need to get cars working properly again and I'll be happy.

Vanburen you are a screenshot wizard.
You should post your last screenshot from the screenshot thread here (the night one).

That one is basically gt5 photomode 2.0 in playable form.

Van Buren

Same area as my previous screen, but it showcases the nighttime lighting.

87fd1b3144de05ed3c22770065a48f1762e4b842.jpg

The English Conquistador said:
So I've reinstalled GTA IV, put the files in the correct place and it doesn't work. :( Every time I run the game, the screen goes black, then says "GTA IV has stopped working"? I don't know what's wrong. Anyone had this problem but fixed it?
At the very least, ensure that any screen monitoring software like msi afterburner or evga precision is disabled.

So I've reinstalled GTA IV, put the files in the correct place and it doesn't work. :( Every time I run the game, the screen goes black, then says "GTA IV has stopped working"? I don't know what's wrong. Anyone had this problem but fixed it?

Thanks!

Edit: Got it working. Nvm! :)

bigjimmystyle said:
How would this go on my 4890?
Don't bother. If this game is important to you with these mods, upgrade to an Nvidia card. 560Ti or better would be great. This game does not play well with AMD drivers. At least, not with the 1.0.4.0 version.

-viper-

Banned
1gUDa.jpg

after a million reinstalls (where my GTA wouldn't work with the mods), this is how my GTA4 looks like. only issue is that it always crashes when i go to the missions. time for ANOTHER reinstall. :\

all settings at high, MLAA. perfectly playable! feels smoother than the PS3 version for example.

dpeasent's config looks nicer though. i want the motion blur in ICEnhance!

TheBear

Dreams-Visions said:
Don't bother. If this game is important to you with these mods, upgrade to an Nvidia card. 560Ti or better would be great. This game does not play well with AMD drivers. At least, not with the 1.0.4.0 version.

Ha. Just bought the pack and then read this. Well fuck. Still a great game though, haven't play through Gay Tony and there must be some other good mods around. Still, fuck.

Unicorn

Wondering how my i5 and gtx460 would fare.

Also, if I buy the Steam deal today, roll back the updates etc. Will the expansions work with this stuff or only core GTA4?

Kritz

Banned
I think I may have finally put one mod too many into GTA4. The main menu wouldn't load (complaining about flash), and hitting "play" (well, pressing "enter" on the keyboard because no play button was actually appearing) caused the game to crash once it tried to load a new game.

Thankfully I make backups of most of my games. Time for attempt number 2.

-viper-

Banned
to those who have the mods working 100% (without any issues... i.e. you can play missions without crashing), what version of the game have you got?

I am getting all the problems in the world making it work properly. First of all, texts are missing in the menus, so I can't navigate through them unless I learn them by heart. Next is the camera which gets fucking drunk (literally) as soon as the first apartment scene plays. The effect is permanent in that it will never stops. Ever. The more you move with Nico afterwards, the more the effect is pronounced. It makes the game unplayable.

I have the steam version so I have to use that tricky workaround posted moments ago. I guess I'll just re-install the game and try with a fresh start. From the little I've seen, it's worth it. I haven't noticed a drop in performance before and after.

papersleeves said:
I am getting all the problems in the world making it work properly. First of all, texts are missing in the menus, so I can't navigate through them unless I learn them by heart. Next is the camera which gets fucking drunk (literally) as soon as the first apartment scene plays. The effect is permanent in that it will never stops. Ever. The more you move with Nico afterwards, the more the effect is pronounced. It makes the game unplayable.

I have the steam version so I have to use that tricky workaround posted moments ago. I guess I'll just re-install the game and try with a fresh start. From the little I've seen, it's worth it. I haven't noticed a drop in performance before and after.

Securom , don't you love it?
It's the reason I never bought a copy on pc (already bought one for xbox when I bought it for my brother).
Fuck securom.

SneakyStephan said:
It's the reason I never bought a copy on pc (already bought one for xbox when I bought it for my brother).
Fuck securom.

I understand but for the price I've paid, I cannot really complain. Plus, once figured out, I will get to enjoy this with an incredibly photo realistic mod.

Unicorn

SneakyStephan said:
Fuck securom.
Fuck.

Nevermind. I'll stick with looking at photos and videos. Fucking Securom.

zaidr

Dreams-Visions said:

Fuck, is this true for all Radeon cards? I have a 5870. Is it gonna run like crap?

This is how my game looks with Dpeasant's config.Nothing like the above photos posted..
9lefx3.png

sorry about the large size. if you want me to remove it just say.

Yeah, mine are on a 570 gtx.

flipswitch said:
This is how my game looks with Dpeasant's config.Nothing like the above photos posted..
[IMG*]http://i51.tinypic.com/9lefx3.png[/IMG]

Looks like you didn't download that Xliveless file.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Steam version here.

Followed the rollback instructions above and I see the iCEhanced 1.2 watermark, and the game definitely has the mod applied though I get no menu and the drunk driving anti-piracy type effect turns on after awhile.

Sup with that?

RS4-

belvedere said:
Steam version here.

Followed the rollback instructions above and I see the iCEhanced 1.2 watermark, and the game definitely has the mod applied though I get no menu and the drunk driving anti-piracy type effect turns on after awhile.

Sup with that?

Use the launcherGTAIV.exe not the other one.

belvedere

Junior Butler
RS4- said:
Use the launcherGTAIV.exe not the other one.

So I try that and then I get the main GTA IV screen with a Rockstar Social Club update window that I can cycle through, but can't do anything with. I don't see menu options along the top/sides like I used to. If I hit enter, it loads my game but when I hit esc to go the main menu, there are no options.

Anyone else having luck running this the Steam version?

I'd like to buy it at the sale price, but not if it's incompatible with this mod.

DGRP

Night time looks amazing, sadly, it makes missions harder since I can't see anything what doesn't have a street light.

RS4-

belvedere said:
So I try that and then I get the main GTA IV screen with a Rockstar Social Club update window that I can cycle through, but can't do anything with. I don't see menu options along the top/sides like I used to. If I hit enter, it loads my game but when I hit esc to go the main menu, there are no options.

Is your resolution all screwed up, like it's zoomed in?

Exuro

Just tried it out with my Steam version.

GTX 260
i7 920
4 gig ram

Ran in the 15 - 30s. The menus were completely screwed up and shadows on other islands were wonky looking. Also had a weird lens flare thing while driving at night. I probably screwed a thing or two up with installing(if you know of either problem and the fix let me know) but the lighting looks amazing.

zaidr said:
Fuck, is this true for all Radeon cards? I have a 5870. Is it gonna run like crap?
on 1.0.4.0, YES it will run poorly.

my i7 + 6950 = 20-30fps. usually below 30fps and ocassionally dipping into the teens.

Meanwhile, the most current version (1.0.7.0) runs at 50-70fps...but is not expected to be as compatible with iCEnhancer as 1.0.4.0.

To take full advantage of this mod for this specific game, Nvidia owners will have by far the best experience.

-GOUKI- said:
What da fuck is with the graphics

How well will my pc run it?

ati 5770
amd athlon x4
4gb RAM
unfortunately, no. it will run, but the framerate will most likely be below your standards. If you already own the game, certainly try it. and if you want to buy because of the price now and hope that the upcoming version of the mod will make life enjoyable for AMD users, you can do that too.

But based on 1.0.4.0 results, AMD/ATi owners will not have as much fun. Again, the 1.0.7.0 release is where our hopes rest. It's very disappointing, as this is one of the only games I've ever seen that has such a performance discrepancy between 2 similar but competing products. Equivalent Nvidia cards are enjoying 70%-90% better performance than AMD cards.

Top Bottom