• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4 + iCEnhancer mod. Holy mother of god.

IMACOMPUTA

SETHOS, how did you get rid of the blurriness? Im having the same problem.

gtaiv2011-07-0615-45-3nn1v.png

Van Buren

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Why do some of these pics in this thread look worse than the pic/video from the OP?

The video was a WIP, and it seems that it didn't contain the overblown sharpening filter (to the same extent) that the final release contains. Otherwise, chalk it up to the magic of bullshots - the tinier captures hide the main flaw of aliasing.

There are also photos from other configs floating around here, and downsampling does them even more wonders.

IMACOMPUTA said:
SETHOS, how did you get rid of the blurriness? Im having the same problem.

[IMG*]http://www.abload.de/img/gtaiv2011-07-0615-45-3nn1v.png[/IMG]

That happened to me when I tried to enable AA.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Why do some of these pics in this thread look worse than the pic/video from the OP?

A really good shot and a small resolution that hides some ugliness.

asdadsadsads8mn7.jpg
fdsfdssdffdsycsk.jpg

fdsfdsfdsfdsfdsngzx.jpg
dsaadsadsifri.jpg

dsdsfsfdfdsfdsfsdzkne.jpg
asasasadsadslcg7.jpg

bizatch

This mod looks really good sometimes, and complete shit other times. Like during a cut scene, the whole screen is bloomy and bright as fuck. How do I fix it so it looks like the promo video? Do I have to edit the ini?

Very few of the shots posted seem to look as hot as the original video or those couple of photo-real (albeit heavily downsampled) screens. Maybe it doesn't look as hot in higher, native res, and maybe people aren't using texture mods on top of it (which add tremendously to the sharpness).

iNvid02

Jason's Ultimatum said:

different configs, e.g. my pavements and road look messed up and i think its because of the better city textures i have installed. i'll try removing them later to the difference.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Marleyman said:
Another thing this mod is doing is showcasing just how much detail they put into this game..it is mind-blowing.

That's why it scored so high, it's a massive technical achievement.

Well, after being stunned by those pics, and after the Steam sale, I'm willing to look into it, but I've got an ATI Radeon HD 4800 series, and an i7-920 @ 2.67. It looked like some people were saying Radeon doesn't work that well with it. Would I be looking at a severe performance hit?

DCX

DCX
Got these specs, did a little research and i think ill be fine...but who better than the experts.

- AMD Phenom II X4 925 2.8ghz
- 8gb ram
- nvidia gtx 260 898mb

?

DCX

iNvid02

to get rid of the blurring i think there is an option in the graphics menu called definition, turn it on to get rid of blur

IMACOMPUTA

-viper- said:
where did you download the car pack?

I installed them all individually.

Car packs usually suck because every car is a super car.. I like getting the normal cars mixed in there as well.

There are a handful of great GTA IV mod sites with tons of cool cars.

Mexx said:
How to fix taxi spawn bug? It started when I installed cars mod. Any ideas?
I need an answer to this as well.

I spent two and a half hours manually changing every car in the game, even taxis, and now all I get are the cars I can summon with cheats and Taxis.

Bumhead

Banned
Intel i5 Quad Core
4GB RAM
MSI GeForce GTX 560 1GB

Any chance of running this? I'm very new to PC gaming and still trying to figure out just where I stand in relation to graphics like these..

Game looks GORGEOUS with mods. Is this mod even close to being Steam compatible? Looking at these screens, that complete pack on Steam is begging to be bought.

Mat C said:
Intel i5 Quad Core
4GB RAM
MSI GeForce GTX 560 1GB

Any chance of running this? I'm very new to PC gaming and still trying to figure out just where I stand in relation to graphics like these..

Game looks GORGEOUS with mods. Is this mod even close to being Steam compatible? Looking at these screens, that complete pack on Steam is begging to be bought.
Game should run great on your setup

The only way I was able to fix the taxi spawn bug when I modded GTA was to restore the old files for some of the modded cars I installed. Luckily I remembered the 3 cars I tried to install and just replaced those. So if you just put some cars in recently try to switch those back to the original model.

Batman, that first big night shot and the 4th thumbnail are incredible.
The first one is easily the best night screenshot so far.

Nvidious, something is clearly wrong with your settings or config, all your screenshots (even the night ones) look way too bright, way oversaturated and with some obnoxious filter to sharpen it or something.

People running this mod without texture mod are going to hell for their terrible sins.

Van Buren

Tried Dpeasant3's config, which while lacking in lens flares and light shafts, looks much better than Icenhancer does to me, when it comes to how natural the lighting looks.

These are two shots I just snapped - untouched, so no downscaling to make it look better than it really does. Uses FXAA instead of supersampling, and I'm quite pleased with how it looks in-game. Depth-of-field, motion-blur and SSAO enabled.

8d2112fd65db3a93df641fd7e3fa31754cbc6378.jpg

244c16fe874cfbcac4fdec1879b749e768dd50a3.jpg

IMACOMPUTA

IcyBlueStrawberry said:
I need an answer to this as well.

I spent two and a half hours manually changing every car in the game, even taxis, and now all I get are the cars I can summon with cheats and Taxis.

i use this realistic handling mod. It makes the cars accelerate a lot faster and IMO handle better.
It changes the vehicle spawning too, so certain cars spawn in certain areas. Pretty sure it fixes the taxi bug, because i don't have that problem.

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=5529

Marleyman

Banned
Meisadragon said:
That's why it scored so high, it's a massive technical achievement.

I don't agree that is why it scored so high but yeah, it is a massive technical achievement that hasn't been even close to being replicated since.

DCX

DCX
DCX said:
Got these specs, did a little research and i think ill be fine...but who better than the experts.

- AMD Phenom II X4 925 2.8ghz
- 8gb ram
- nvidia gtx 260 898mb

?

DCX
anyone?

DCX

Dennis

Banned
Van Buren said:
Core files.

Effect.txt for FXAA.

Replace the effect.txt in the core files with the one you download for FXAA. Also disable antialiasing in the config file to disable ssaa.

Otherwise, just the core release enables ssaa by default.
Is this all that is needed? Or is there something else (ENB etc) that has to be installed?

neoism

ok when will this work on the steam version... I really want to play gay tony since I haven't yet... :/ This mod looks sooo good. :O

DCX

DCX
AwesomeSauce said:
I have the same specs as you so i would like to know too, but i might just bite the bullet and buy the complete edition off steam and wait for the mod to work there.
They are ignoring our pleas... :( We must not be elite enough.

DCX

IMACOMPUTA said:
YOU CAN PATCH THE STEAM VERSION OF GTAIV TO 1.0.4.0

That's what I'm using.. I can install all mods, no problem.

IMACOMPUTA said:
Get the 1.0.4.0 patch and get the old rockstar games social club.

here

http://www.filestube.com/7ouArSENHJuPpwhBzMOFSL/GTAIV-MAINTENANCE-UPDATE-1040-EFIGS.html

and this

http://www.filestube.com/f3a4d76ef300624b03ea,g/Rockstar-Games-Social-Club.html

Install the patch and then install the social club.

Thanks! Gonna quote this for those of us with the Steam version of GTAIV...Hopefully this works for me as well..

dino1980

I want it to work so bad but I got all these problem standing in the way for a great experience.

The first big one is failure with securerom "2000", which lead to that you can start the game and play but its in drunk mode all the time. Do anyone know how to get rid of this problem? I got the orginal retail version.

The second is that when I try to get AA by editing the INI-file everytime it just blurry as hell. It shows in option that it is 3800 something in res... but it has to be 800*600 something it is downsampled to and not 1920*1080. Has anyone else had this problem?

And the last thing... lightning and shadows. Lightning is looking great if you are not moving. But if you for example move the camera so that you are looking at the street, then the "blue" layer disappears, and shows up again if you raise the camera. With shadows its some sort of "flickering", not at all shadows but some which really hurt the overall image.

Do anyone here know how I can get these things right?

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
less than 1GB of video RAM will hurt you.

gta iv + stories are on sale for $8 on steam. this won't work with it :(
Originally Posted by IMACOMPUTA:
YOU CAN PATCH THE STEAM VERSION OF GTAIV TO 1.0.4.0

That's what I'm using.. I can install all mods, no problem.

Originally Posted by IMACOMPUTA:
Get the 1.0.4.0 patch and get the old rockstar games social club.

here

http://www.filestube.com/7ouArSENHJu...040-EFIGS.html

and this

http://www.filestube.com/f3a4d76ef30...cial-Club.html

Install the patch and then install the social club.

Thanks! Gonna quote this for those of us with the Steam version of GTAIV...Hopefully this works for me as well..
Looks like it could work.

DCX

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
less than 1GB of video RAM will hurt you.

gta iv + stories are on sale for $8 on steam. this won't work with it :(
Yea, but from what i read its more a CPU hunger rather than GPU, i have more than enough RAM...it might be just fine..maybe not all effects at 100%.

I got it off of STEAM and will report.

DCX

Top Bottom