• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4 + iCEnhancer mod. Holy mother of god.

RS4-

Dreams-Visions said:
I think I'm doing this wrong.

With vanilla 1.0.7.0, I can set most things to High with the 3 sliders @ 60 and get 45-60fps.

With 1.0.4.0 + mod, I get 20-25fps.

Rig is i7-920 + 6950 + 9GB ram

I've followed the basic instructions here in the thread. Is there something else I'm missing that would up my performance to at least 30fps?

That's the thing with 1.0.4.0, it runs like shit compared to .7.0

Spat_triate

yellow submarine said:
You know what? I'm about ready to throw the towel in on this one. Time was, I'd spend hours messing with configs and shit and tweaking games. I think I just got to that age where it isn't worth it to me. I think I would rather pay Rockstar $60 to sell this shit to me as a fixed and supported version. Maybe they will call it GTA 5 to make me feel better about it!

The downgrade to 1.0.4 seemed to work correctly. Xlive install was verified to work. When I tried to put in various versions of Scripthook all, I could load the game all the way to the loading screens and then it would crash. There's no way I am going to play in that sandbox with the vanilla ruleset (sans the simple trainer since it needs scripthook). Why have a really good looking game where I can't spawn cars or do wild and crazy stuff?

Maybe someone will have better luck making it work with the steam version. :[

I was also having this problem. Get Scripthook 0.40 and give it one last go.

Petrichor

Stunning. This video almost makes me wish that GTA5 is in development for next generation hardware rather than for the PS3/360. Make it happen R*!

Wortany

-viper- said:
lol wtf. i've installed the mod and it's deleted my entire gamesave and restarted from the first mission. fucking hell.

It didn't delete them, it's because of xliveless. It changes the directory where the game saves. But I've got no idea where it was in the first place and where it's placed now.
If you remove the xlive.dll you'll notice that you've got your saves back.

(Click them for original sizes)

I still can't make any decent close up screens at night, cause of that dirty lens effect. I guess I'll try to see if I can clean it up a bit in the settings.
Also thank you Sethos for all your explaining, and those tree settings.

Sethos

Banned
Before you install Xliveless, your GTA IV saves are placed under Users, Your Name, AppData, Local I believe and then Rockstar games. After Xliveless, they are placed in Document & Settings under Rockstar Games.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Thinking of buying the following:

Intel Core i5-480M processor (2.66 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.93GHz, 3MB L3 cache)

8GB Fast DDR3 RAM (upgraded from Factory fit 6GB)

Nvidia GT315 with 1GB of dedicated DDR3 VRAM

Will I be able to run this?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Fixed a PC issue and I'm getting 30-70 fps average.

4 more pics - 1 is the cops just driving like normal and well.....there was problems.

gtaiv2011-07-0610-51-4e7hz.png

gtaiv2011-07-0610-53-0z7x0.png

gtaiv2011-07-0610-55-217ki.png

gtaiv2011-07-0610-55-5h7o4.png

No AA or VSYNC on. This is not maxed either so if they look less than stellar to you then, oh well :p

Sethos

Banned
Looks like my 'upgrade' from the 5970 to GTX 580 worked wonders.

( With iCEnhancer of course )

Under 5970:

1920x1200.

Texture Quality: High
Reflection Resolution: Very High
Water Quality: Medium
Shadow Quality: Very High
Texture Filter: Medium
View Distance: 40
Detail Distance: 40
Vehicle Density: 25
Shadow Density: 8

In-game benchmark: 28.3

Game was stuttering like hell, couldn't move the camera fast without dips below 10FPS, little freezes and it was basically unplayable.

GTX 580:

1920x1200.

Water Quality: High
View Distance: 80
Detail Distance: 80
Vehicle Density: 30
Shadow Density: 16

In-game benchmark: 46.6

Boost in effects, boost in performance, micro stutters are gone, game is running SO smooth and this is actually what you'd call playable, there isn't a single hiccup.

Game definitely doesn't play well with Crossfire :p

RS4-

Sethos said:
Before you install Xliveless, your GTA IV saves are placed under Users, Your Name, AppData, Local I believe and then Rockstar games. After Xliveless, they are placed in Document & Settings under Rockstar Games.

...Lol I think this is why the vehicle pack didn't work properly for me, I didn't realize there were two different save locations as I only looked at the one under documents and not appdata.

But I don't think I had any saves in the appdata folder anyway as I had always played games with xliveless and such.

Hrm, will install game later on to see.

Sec0nd

Dear God! I'd love to replay GTA4 with these mods, it looks absolutely breathtaking! Too bad my computer is the worst, can't even run Portal 1 on max without it crapping out :(

ss_lemonade

Just tried the mod and the lighting was blindingly bright during a sunny afternoon. Using the lens flare config lessens the overbloom so I'll stick to using that.

Performance wise, it was bad haha. Running on a gtx 275 + 2500k, pre-mod I could run the game pretty good at 1920x1080 but now, I could only get decent fps when running at 1280x720. 1600x900 seems to give acceptable performance as well, but the blurriness/jagginess of both is just bad in this game.

BlackDove

Banned
Dizzan said:
Thinking of buying the following:

Intel Core i5-480M processor (2.66 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.93GHz, 3MB L3 cache)

8GB Fast DDR3 RAM (upgraded from Factory fit 6GB)

Nvidia GT315 with 1GB of dedicated DDR3 VRAM

Will I be able to run this?

No.

Sethos

Banned
Yes! I also got rid of that stupid issue where light sources would be limited to like 5-6 in view and I had to get up close to street lights before they turned on. Game is so enjoyable right now.

iNvid02

EDIT; these are shots with the mod off, i failed

the brightness changes randomly for me, not sure if its supposed to be like that but you can see it in some of the shots below.

but the whole thing runs great, getting 50-60fps most places on 2 580s. aa is a no go for me so i just downsampled the shots to 720p (from 1600p)

Sethos

Banned
What the hell is that, a different config? o_O looks like iCEnhancer is turned off, actually, looks exactly like when you Shift + F12 and turn the mod off which makes the colours go bonkers. That definitely ain't working right!

iNvid02

Sethos said:
What the hell is that, a different config? o_O looks like iCEnhancer is turned off, actually, looks exactly like when you Shift + F12 and turn the mod off which makes the colours go bonkers. That definitely ain't working right!

the only thing that looks "shiny" is the water, i think i might need your iceconfig

Sethos

Banned
My config is bog standard, only the tree entry has been changed. You sure you installed Xliveless and it's placed correctly?

Yeah that looks a bit like my game before someone told me I had to use xliveless.

Edit : Actually looking at the screens I took before it doesn't really look like that. But it certainly looks fucked.

iNvid02

CANT BELIEVE I WAS PLAYING WITH IT OFF

SuwRy.jpg

but i found the problem, if i ALT-tab out of the game it switches the mod off and you cant turn it back on, shift+f12 doesn't work.

it looks a lot better than those shots i posted up there lol, will post some real ones shortly

Spat_triate said:
I was also having this problem. Get Scripthook 0.40 and give it one last go.

Ok, that actually did work, using 0.40 allowed me to load successfully.

However, I am still not able to replicate the visual quality of the photorealistic shot. It just looks like that overexposed w/ a dirty lens wankery. I'll just wait for a 1.0.7 Steam supported solution to come out. Probably installing 1.0.4 on top of the Steam version doesn't do a real downgrade, and so I'm not running a "pure" 1.0.4 for the mod to do it's magic on.

Sethos said:
Looks like my 'upgrade' from the 5970 to GTX 580 worked wonders.

( With iCEnhancer of course )

Under 5970:

1920x1200.

Water Quality: Medium
View Distance: 40
Detail Distance: 40
Vehicle Density: 25
Shadow Density: 8

In-game benchmark: 28.3

Game was stuttering like hell, couldn't move the camera fast without dips below 10FPS, little freezes and it was basically unplayable.

GTX 580:

1920x1200.

Water Quality: High
View Distance: 80
Detail Distance: 80
Vehicle Density: 30
Shadow Density: 16

In-game benchmark: 46.6

Boost in effects, boost in performance, micro stutters are gone, game is running SO smooth and this is actually what you'd call playable, there isn't a single hiccup.

Game definitely doesn't play well with Crossfire :p
wtf

Sethos

Banned
Guys, you might have to take down the 1.0.7.0 expectations a notch. Yes, he said the mod would be compatible but I still believe the mod is based of the old shaders, hence 1.0.7.0 support is limited. So I think he just cut away all the non-compatible effects and tweaked it for 1.0.7.0, so you might not see a full fledged mod if you're running that version.

He might have reworked the shaders or pulled a rabbit out his ass, just sayin', people might have to prepare to get a bit disappointed.

DieH@rd

Banned
Thread name must be changed asap. Info that this mod does not work with steam version will fuck up some buyers.

Aegus

I'll try this when GTAIV is for sale in the Steam Winter sale. Hopefully the mod will be compatible by then.

Coldsnap

I'm just guessing here but If I was this modder and noticed the burst of publicity I would be working real hard to get it working with the biggest version of the game. This mod was posted on like every blog this week and when mentioning it to all my friends they have said they seen it.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
iNvidious01 said:
CANT BELIEVE I WAS PLAYING WITH IT OFF

SuwRy.jpg

but i found the problem, if i ALT-tab out of the game it switches the mod off and you cant turn it back on, shift+f12 doesn't work.

it looks a lot better than those shots i posted up there lol, will post some real ones shortly

HOW DID YOU FIX THIS???

I have the exact same problem you had, but I can't fix it.

Kyaw

Coldsnap said:
This mod was posted on like every blog this week and when mentioning it to all my friends they have said they seen it.

I want real life friends like yours... :(

Does the ENB series work with the steam version also?

OmniGamer

Ok, i'm not a PC gamer at all, have no idea of graphic card tiers and whatnot, and i'm sure my PC is woefully underpowered in that regard, but just curious if you guys can give a rough estimate, percentage wise, of how close i'd be able to get to the "ZOMG" screenshot levels posted in here

I got my PC in early '09...info from PC Wizard

Please humor me

Despera

Banned
I've got a Core2Quad @ 3 GHZ
An ATI Radeon HD 4870 [1GB GDDR5]
4 gigs of ram [DDR2]

Will I be able to run the game+mod at say, 5 to 10 FPS?

Darklord

Banned
OmniGamer said:
Ok, i'm not a PC gamer at all, have no idea of graphic card tiers and whatnot, and i'm sure my PC is woefully underpowered in that regard, but just curious if you guys can give a rough estimate, percentage wise, of how close i'd be able to get to the "ZOMG" screenshot levels posted in here

I got my PC in early '09...info from PC Wizard

Please humor me

With that card, poorly. Probably would run like shit. In fact it's seriously bottlenecking the rest of that PC.

Top Bottom