• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4 + iCEnhancer mod. Holy mother of god.

iNvid02

ok i got it working, will post shots tomorrow with everything maxed, not tonight because its just too hot and i dont want to kill my rig.

mr_nothin

Banned
Dilly said:
Is it possible to disable the filmgrain effect in the configfile?
Yes
Just open "option.txt" and search "float NoiseAmount="
Change it to 0.0 to completely get rid of it.

Also, remember if you're using icenhancer 1.2...it uses the latest ENB which makes Nvidia cards pretty hot so make sure you have sufficient cooling and try turning your gfx card fan up.

Flunkie

Banned
Love all the tutorials/links being posted, but not loving the potential performance drop I would anticipate with my current rig. Turning everything on very high with all sliders at 100 drops me down to 15-25 FPS, with that annoying acceleration/deceleration lag.

mr_nothin

Banned
Flunkie said:
Love all the tutorials/links being posted, but not loving the potential performance drop I would anticipate with my current rig. Turning everything on very high with all sliders at 100 drops me down to 15-25 FPS, with that annoying acceleration/deceleration lag.
Turn shadow resolution down and drop the view distance to around 35. If that doesnt work then try lowering Texture Resolution next. Shadow resolution was something that was fixed in 1.0.7...as it had a big performance hit.

Wortany

Finally got it working again, and without overblooming)! I think I reinstalled this game about 10 times and tried way too many useless things to get it working again.
And now it's really late and I'm dead tired so I didn't do much playing anymore.
I made a quick ride around and took some screenshots. (Click the screens for original size)

There's just one thing: It takes my framerate from 45-70 to 20-25.
But luckily it still is decently playable at that speed.

mxgt

Banned
Decided I wanted to try it this evening. Looks amazing.

gtaiv2011-07-0600-51-0imvd.jpg

gtaiv2011-07-0601-04-2xjkq.jpg

I emailed Gamersgate earlier to ask about the version they sell. Was curious what version number it is. Still nothing yet but I'll update when I hear. I'm pulling the trigger on it if it is retail version. Also, is this playable in windowed mode? I'm trying to think of the best way to make it run well.

DGRP

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
I emailed Gamersgate earlier to ask about the version they sell. Was curious what version number it is. Still nothing yet but I'll update when I hear. I'm pulling the trigger on it if it is retail version. Also, is this playable in windowed mode? I'm trying to think of the best way to make it run well.

I believe D2D's copy is version 1.0.0.0, they also offer both patches.

hlhbk

Well I located my retail copy of GTA IV. I am copying my steam version over to another drive and will test this mod tonight. BTW won't GFWL force you to upgrade to the latest patch or not be able to save your game since you aren't on live?

I have decided to give it another shot with my Steam version. Currently performing a "Validate installation" on it so that it will wipe all my changes from the game directory and get me back to a valid state.

Then, I plan to install the 1.0.4 patch over it (hoping that this will effectively downgrade me to 1.0.4 from Steam's 1.0.7). While doing this, I will try to disable Steam's auto-update option for this game. That option has been quite buggy for me in the past, and it seems to get reset to always auto update on a restart of Steam. But here's to hoping.

Then I will follow the rest of the steps outlined in this thread to get to an Icehanced version.

Wish me luck!

Coldsnap

yellow submarine said:
I have decided to give it another shot with my Steam version. Currently performing a "Validate installation" on it so that it will wipe all my changes from the game directory and get me back to a valid state.

Then, I plan to install the 1.0.4 patch over it (hoping that this will effectively downgrade me to 1.0.4 from Steam's 1.0.7). While doing this, I will try to disable Steam's auto-update option for this game. That option has been quite buggy for me in the past, and it seems to get reset to always auto update on a restart of Steam. But here's to hoping.

Then I will follow the rest of the steps outlined in this thread to get to an Icehanced version.

Wish me luck!

dude keep me posted on how it works out.

mr_nothin

Banned
I've been trying out a few diff settings and adjusting different parameters and using different timecyc's. I went for a softer more color corrected look. Think it looks pretty good. I'm going to have a few diff configs that I'll prob jump back and forth from. Far from done though

jdLsyE.png

jdHaa6.png

jdL0Vk.png

(stupid artifacts)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
NotTarts said:
Am I the only one not particularly impressed by this?

don't kill me
No I'm not surprised. I mean, it added a piss filter to the game which people usually hate, but for some reason everyone is drooling over it here. I like piss filters though.

Stallion Free said:
No I'm not surprised. I mean, it added a piss filter to the game which people usually hate, but for some reason everyone is drooling over it here. I like piss filters though.

*raises hand*

Me too, if they're used well. I really like movies set in LA where they boost up the orange saturation at night to give the streetlights a boost, like in Collateral for example.

Salazar

So, Gamersgate GTA 4 will support this gloriousness ?

Edit: Or rather, from where should I buy GTA 4 in order to mod it thus ?

JCtheMC

Spat_triate said:

This mod looks amazing, but this effect ruins it for me. A bunch of shots in this thread are blue all over, which might be different from everything being brown, but i wouldn't call it an improvement. I really don't want this game to come at me like i'm looking through a camera lens.

Mik2121

JCtheMC said:
This mod looks amazing, but this effect ruins it for me. A bunch of shots in this thread are blue all over, which might be different from everything being brown, but i wouldn't call it an improvement. I really don't want this game to come at me like i'm looking through a camera lens.
Yep. The shot looks amazing, but I'd rather have the game look like I'm looking through my eyes, not through a camera. There were a few pics posted earlier that looked closer to that, though, and they were amazing as well.

BFIB

I picked up another PC copy tonight (have it on Steam) to install these mods.

Currently installing the game now, will take a shot at the rest tomorrow. Looking forward to what this mod has to offer!

kokujin

Banned
syko de4d said:
this looks so good i want the new generation xD

some random pic
H9a6R.jpg
Anybody have Ini settings that look close to this, and is there a way to make light sources so bright.When driving at night the headlights are way too bright.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
If next gen consoles aren't able to produce these kind of visuals at a respectable framerate, then I'm going PC.

Stallion Free said:
This. I fucking adore the look, but it's something people on gaming forums usually rail on. Identifiable colour correction, noise, bloom, lens effects. Gorgeous, just not something I expected to receive high praise from Neo"UGH THE SHADOWS ARE BLUE. LET ME JUST POST THIS ORANGE/BLUE CONTRAST IMAGE MACRO"GAF.

Unicorn

So, is there a mod guide thread in progress?

I know the gist of it is just drag and drop, but I'm really interested in adding new (and real) cars to the game. Played through it on xbox, so looking to get a bit more varied experience while also getting it graphically improved. Probably won't do story or anything again.

I actually enjoyed the car physics in the game, but I think this time I'd tweak the slippery back a tad.

Can anyone link to a real life car mod pack?? Is there anything that's good without anything too over the top with like all sports cars and shit?

All of the packs that I seem to find are just packs of all damn sports cars... I think that's stupid, why does everyone want just sports cars sports cars sports cars?

I've been going through and collecting a bunch of the cars that I think will make it just right the way I want it, and most likely picking and choosing the cars that I want is going to be the way to go, doing it bit by bit the way I think it should be is probably the way to go.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a real life guns pack as well?? If I'm modding everything up to be realistic I'd like to mod it all up for realism from scratch and I'm going for the whole hog.

Though, at this time I'm not sure how to install cars though... it's not just a matter of copying files into the directory like other mods... you have to use some sort of trainer mod program or something?

If anyone is experienced with this... we need another guide, I'm looking for tutorial, if I figure it out I'll try and post it because it seems some people want cars as well.

It's a pity you have to replace ENTIRE car models and you can't have various types of cars on the same model to REALLY up the variation of the cars in the game.

I went out and bought the retail version today from EB. Got the complete edition... I take it this doesn't work with the Episodes?

hlhbk

This mod is great, but unfortunatly like I feared it killed performance on my system. Even down at 720p I was getting mid 20's FPS if I was lucky. Considering this game was poorly optimized during the port I am not suprised by this.

I got a complete real life car replacement pack... I'm going to install this and then replace any single cars that I don't like with ones that I want individually as I like them... easier this way.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/service/thankyou?id=20057262

Here is the list of changes... pretty f'n awesome. Again I haven't used it yet so feel free to report back how it goes.

admiral--------BMW 750i
airtug--------- Ferrari 599XX '2010
banshee--------dodge viper gts 1997
blista---------Volkswagen Corrado VR6 Tuned
bobcat---------Dodge Ram 3500 1994
buccaneer------Aston_Martin_V12_Vantage_2010
burrito--------ford e-150 short
burrito2-------ford e-150 off road
bus------------MTA New York City Bus
cabby----------adillic cts-v
cavalcade------Cadillac Escalade v3
chavos---------Audi s4 2000
comet----------Porsche 911 Turbo S 2001
congos---------RollsRoyce Phantom 2003
coquette-------Chevrolet Corvette StingRay 427 '1967 [Final]
df8------------Pontiac G8 GXP v 1.1
dillet---------DODGE CHARGER RT-SRT8 v1_2
dukes----------lamborghini Diablo SV gta4 epm
E109-----------chevrolet Avalanche Low
emperor--------Cadillac CTS-V Coupe '2011
empror2-------- Chrysler Crossdire SRT-6
esperanto------ Mercedes Benz SLS AMG 11
faction--------ferrari 69 Dino V2
fbi------------Chevrolet Tahoe2007 FBI
feltzer--------lamborghini LP500 countach v2
feroci---------Ferrari 360 Modena '1999
feroci2--------Ferrari F430 Scuderia '2007
forklift-------mustang Shelby GT500 '2010
fortune-------- Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '2009
futo-----------ferrari 455
fxt------------Chevrolet Avalanche Low Rider
habanero-------Jeep Wrangler 1986
hakumai--------McLaren MP 412C
huntley--------Porsche Cayenne Turbo s 2009
infernus-------Toyota Supra RZ '1998
ingot----------Porsche Panamera '2010 v.2.0
intruder-------Jaguar XF-R
landstalker---- BMW X5 E70
lokus----------Saab 9-3 Aero X
manana---------Ferrari F40 OutRun
marbella-------C63AMG
merit----------BMW M6 '2010
minivan-------- BMW X6M 1.1
moonbeam-------deloreane dm12
noose----------Lamborghini Reventon Police version
oracle---------Audi A8 '2010
patriot--------Hummer H2
payote---------Mersedes-Benz Gullwing 300SL
perrenial------perenial Gtamania audi r8
perrenial2-----Lamborghini Murciélago LP650-4 Roadster '2010
phantom--------ford 5000
pinnacle-------Sentra r
pmp600---------mercedes s600 w140
police---------FCV 2003 NYPD Precinct Version
police2--------Nissan GT-R Enforcer
polpat---------polpat chev suberban 2003
premier--------Volvo S60R
pres-----------Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S '2010
primo----------Pagani Zonda Cinque2009
rancher--------ford f150 Saleen s331 v2
rebla----------range rover 2010
ripley---------Koenigsegg Agera '2010
romans taxi----Volvo S60R
romero--------- Cadillac DTS '2009
ruiner---------Porsche_959_87
sabre----------_Ferrari F50
sabre2--------- porsche _911GT2
sabregt--------porsche carrera gt
schafter------- BMW_3.0_CSL_E9
sentinel------- BMW M3 E46 Cabrio
solaire-------- Hyundai_Genesis_Coupe___2010
stallion------- Pontiac GTO '1965
stratum-------- ford torus sho 2010
stretch--------Cadillac Fleetwood Limousine '1985
sultan---------Lancia Delta HF Integrale final
sultanrs-------SUBARU IMPREZA wrx 2005
supergt--------ferrari Testarossa Spider v1
taxi-----------crown vic
taxi2----------chrysler_300c
turismo-------- Ferrari 250 GT California 1969
uranus---------ford mustang cobra SVT R 1991
vigero---------Mitsubishi_Eclipse_GTS___2003
vigero2--------Dodge Challenger SRT8 2009
vincent-------- Shelby Super Cars Ultimate Aero2010
virgo---------- Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 v.1.0
voodoo-------- Nissan Skyline GT-R34 V-spec II 2002
washington mercedes s 65 v12 Brabus final
willard-------mercedes s 65 v12 Brabus final

BOATS
NEW Jetmax

BIKES

bobber--------KawasakiZ1000A1
fagio---------Suzuki Address110 scooter
hellfurie-----Harley-Davidson VRSCF V-Rod Muscle 2009
nrg900------- bmw s1000 rr sbk
pcj-----------Suzuki sport bike
sanchez-------ktm motocross
zombeb--------The Chopper

HELICOPTERS
anhibator-hunter
maveric wift tbogt obsessed
polmaverik Bell UH-1Y Venom
tourmav bell 206b

ColonialRaptor said:
I got a complete real life car replacement pack... I'm going to install this and then replace any single cars that I don't like with ones that I want individually as I like them... easier this way.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/service/thankyou?id=20057262

That car pack sure as hell going to case the taxibug where nothing but taxis spawn.

There are mods to fix it but it has something to do with the memory and high detailed cars so it loads the taxis first insted

TheVampire said:
That car pack sure as hell going to case the taxibug where nothing but taxis spawn.

There are mods to fix it but it has something to do with the memory and high detailed cars so it loads the taxis first insted

Hrm... so what the heck is the point of it then? How does it work for this guy?

I guess I should backup my files first to make sure I don't screw things up...

Why does that happen and how do you fix it?

Edit - Would this fix it - http://www.gta4-mods.com/script/real-traffic-spawn-102-f4404

?

So update for those of you waiting to see if I made it.

I bollocksed something up badly and so had to do a full on purge of the directory. I may have deleted more than I needed, but I had to nuke it from orbit to be sure.

So essentially I've been downloading about 14 gigs of the game from Steam the entire evening. I'm about halfway now, hopefully the servers hold up. It is downloading faster now than before, but that's expected since the load on the servers is less at night.

I'll update again when I have everything working properly (or not). This might be sometime tomorrow or day after depending on how much work I have to do (the real kind, that pays for all my steam purchases!)

3N16MA

Banned
Subscribed. Will be going through this thread just looking at screenshots and watching videos. It's like looking into the future.

Top Bottom