• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4 + iCEnhancer mod. Holy mother of god.

Sethos

Banned
Noticed someone talking another user into buying the D2D copy, don't - There's only two patches available for the D2D, none of them are the ones you need.

So, I just did all the mods and changes and stuff, and I loaded up the game for the first time but the settings menu won't let me change any settings.

It's like back in the old days when you turned on a console with the joystick held to the left or something and everything keeps getting dragged left or something... anyone got any idea what could be causing that??

Seems this happens when the game decides that you don't have the performance requirements to play the game.

so my i7-860 at 3.5 and my two 6950's in Crossfire aren't enough to play the game huh?

Sethos

Banned
ColonialRaptor said:
So, I just did all the mods and changes and stuff, and I loaded up the game for the first time but the settings menu won't let me change any settings.

It's like back in the old days when you turned on a console with the joystick held to the left or something and everything keeps getting dragged left or something... anyone got any idea what could be causing that??

Seems this happens when the game decides that you don't have the performance requirements to play the game.

so my i7-860 at 3.5 and my two 6950's in Crossfire aren't enough to play the game huh?

Make a commandline.txt in your root GTA folder and add

-norestrictions

Save and start the game.

Might work.

EDIT: And game isn't CF compatible.

ColonialRaptor said:

You have to be careful with just jamming together mods and expecting it to work, especially in a game like GTA4 where the mod infrastructure/compatibility doesn't exist. Start off with your vanilla install and then add things as you go along. That way you know what additions work, and what you need to remove. I ignored this advice a few hours ago and now I'm redownloading the entire game since I didn't know which files I replaced.

ColonialRaptor said:

Disable Crossfire.

23kuow3.jpg

Is that how it is supposed to look?

it actually looks much better when playing, the image is kinda compressed.

Dibbz said:
There is no way. It will be pre-baked onto the textures.

It'd look a lot better if someone was able to implement it. A lot of the stuff looks really disconnected, like the trees floating on the ground. The lack of proper shadows like that seem to be one of it's biggest flaws. Also make the characters fit in better with the lighting.

the reflections on the other hand are astounding.

edit, case and point, the screenshot above, the pillers in the shadows look really strange because of how bright they are around the base.

flipswitch said:
http://i52.tinypic.com/23kuow3.jpg[/IG]

it actually looks much better when playing, the image is kinda compressed.[/QUOTE]
It shouldn't look like that :/

What res are you running at, did you enable SSAA in the config, and have you pasted the xlive.dll into the GTA game folder?

IcyBlueStrawberry said:
Disable Crossfire.

Really? I'm supposed to disable crossfire for this game?

Things seem totally farkin whacked out!

I'm getting 20 fps or less, and then the camera goes all wonky like i'm drunk or something and the world is spinning.. like seriously, had to quit because it made me feel motion sick, the worst thing I've ever experienced!

Does this game seriously not support Crossfire? I checked the Crossfire usage and it seemed to only be using like 25% of each card... what the F!!!

Man... that's whacked!

Looks absolutely incredible with all the mods though, if only I could get it to run properly.

Hard to see at night with all the flares and shit, but it appears realistic.

Edit - so wobbley cam is a piracy prevention / protection measure but I'm damn well playing the genuine game! I have the disc in the drive and it's using securom! WTF!

Edit 2 - Ahhh, fixed it, launched with the wrong exe, need to open with "LaunchGTAIV.exe" not "GTAIV.exe" lol... odd!

mr_nothin

Banned
flipswitch said:

it actually looks much better when playing, the image is kinda compressed.
What exactly is the problem?
Which mod do you have installed and which version....also which patch?

It looks kind of blurry to me.

Previously I had the enbseries mod, I used it with the new ice patch in this thread.I am not sure what patch it is, but it's not the latest and has been patched.

ColonialRaptor said:
Really? I'm supposed to disable crossfire for this game?

Things seem totally farkin whacked out!

I'm getting 20 fps or less, and then the camera goes all wonky like i'm drunk or something and the world is spinning.. like seriously, had to quit because it made me feel motion sick, the worst thing I've ever experienced!

Does this game seriously not support Crossfire? I checked the Crossfire usage and it seemed to only be using like 25% of each card... what the F!!!

Man... that's whacked!

Looks absolutely incredible with all the mods though, if only I could get it to run properly.

Hard to see at night with all the flares and shit, but it appears realistic.
And thus the bane of the Master Race has once again reared its ugly head :p

Yeah, the game is a horrible console port.

Turn your distance, LOD and traffic density down. With my 2GB 5870 I get about 25-40 FPS with everything maxed, traffic density at 40 and draw distance/LOD as low as they can go (seriously, if I turn them past 10% I can't even hit 30 FPS). CF is a no-go, performance has pretty much gotten worse with every patch and at the end of the day, no matter how good it looks, it's still just buggy ass GTA IV.

And if you've installed it correctly using Sethos' mini-guide you should get used to the flares within 30 minutes or so.

Going to uninstall it and try everything from scratch.It says copy into your root folder, what folder is that? Is it where the gta4.exe is?

mr_nothin

Banned
flipswitch said:
Going to uninstall it and try everything from scratch.
Yea, thats what I was going to say. If you dont have a backup of everything and something ets borked...best bet is to just start from scratch.

Sethos

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
hey guys, I'm seeing redish sky at night. Is there a way to resolve that?

It does that sometimes when it's clear weather, then you get a very dark red glow, looks fantastic imo.

You know what? I'm about ready to throw the towel in on this one. Time was, I'd spend hours messing with configs and shit and tweaking games. I think I just got to that age where it isn't worth it to me. I think I would rather pay Rockstar $60 to sell this shit to me as a fixed and supported version. Maybe they will call it GTA 5 to make me feel better about it!

The downgrade to 1.0.4 seemed to work correctly. Xlive install was verified to work. When I tried to put in various versions of Scripthook all, I could load the game all the way to the loading screens and then it would crash. There's no way I am going to play in that sandbox with the vanilla ruleset (sans the simple trainer since it needs scripthook). Why have a really good looking game where I can't spawn cars or do wild and crazy stuff?

Maybe someone will have better luck making it work with the steam version. :[

yellow submarine said:
You know what? I'm about ready to throw the towel in on this one. Time was, I'd spend hours messing with configs and shit and tweaking games. I think I just got to that age where it isn't worth it to me. I think I would rather pay Rockstar $60 to sell this shit to me as a fixed and supported version. Maybe they will call it GTA 5 to make me feel better about it!

[
Please leave your Master Race membership card and mouse on the desk before you leave :p

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/07/04/icenhancer-gta-4/#more-64888
GAF-> Internet -> GAF

DieH@rd

Banned
Gram Negative Cocci said:
Can Rockstar match this with GTA5? I don't think so.

You are missing the more important question. Can modders do something like this for master race version of LA Noire?

I think I'm doing this wrong.

With vanilla 1.0.7.0, I can set most things to High with the 3 sliders @ 60 and get 45-60fps.

With 1.0.4.0 + mod, I get 20-25fps.

Rig is i7-920 + 6950 + 9GB ram

I've followed the basic instructions here in the thread. Is there something else I'm missing that would up my performance to at least 30fps?

mr_nothin

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:

With vanilla 1.0.7.0, I can set most things to High with the 3 sliders @ 60 and get 45-60fps.

I've followed the basic instructions here in the thread. Is there something else I'm missing that would up my performance to at least 30fps?
There's no way you're stuck at 45-60 with a 6950 with vanilla GTA.
I bet 60+ at all times at 1920x1080 on my 570

Roronoa95

Wow, that's just amazing...

Mods mut be included in every games !!! I can't imagine what they would have done with RDR !

RooMHM

Mr_Brit said:
Are you people serious? Wii U should be able to do this never mind the next gen consoles.
You think next-gen consoles will have a smart architecture? That's highly unlikely i'd say.

Why does this mod look too colourful,while in the OP the lighting is much different? I sort of prefer the ENB series mod to this because of that.

Sethos

Banned
Can't wait to get home and see how the GTX 580 handles in comparison to the 5970, Crossfire pile of wank. When I tried the vanilla game, the lag when turning the camera which is the main issue I have with the mod is still present! So it's an underlying issue with my card and the game, not the mod. So theoretically, I should easily be able to get a 40+ steady FPS with the new card if that is fixed. ATi probably screwed it up in their drivers or something.

flipswitch said:
Why does this mod look too colourful,while in the OP the lighting is much different? I sort of prefer the ENB series mod to this because of that.

iCEnhancer is also ENB. "ENB" isn't a specific unless you are talking about Boris' default config, there's a million different configs and iCEnhancer is yet another ENB config that is just more polished. Everything is based off Boris Vorontsov's work, his game shaders and settings, everything else is just tweaks and custom settings off of that.

Sethos

Banned
flipswitch said:
So in other words, we need that guy's config file!

Well, most iterations of the mod has more than basic config change, they tweak a lot of the files so you basically download the full mod each time you try out a different comprehensive ENB setting. Look for Dpeasant's upcoming release ( His current is wank ), that's supposedly going to look like some of those photorealistic settings you've seen that's washed out and desaturated as well.

-viper- said:
well I tried this mod and it brings my system to its knees.

my 6950 + 2500k can run GTA4 at 1080p 60FPS locked.

With this mod? It hovers between 20-35 FPS.

edit: tried lowering to 720p. changed from very high to high. doesn't really make much difference :\
okay, so it wasn't just me.

Dreams-Visions said:

Its the shadows.
Turn off all shadows (both the two settings) and see the huge fps gain.

mr_nothin

Banned
flipswitch said:
I also dont like the saturation either. I forgot how to desaturate the scene.

ColonialRaptor said:
I got a complete real life car replacement pack... I'm going to install this and then replace any single cars that I don't like with ones that I want individually as I like them... easier this way.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/service/thankyou?id=20057262
Haha i installed that and got Zondas spawning everywhere, installed Real Traffic Spawn 1.02 and its stopped all of one type of car spawning. Just need Ice 1.25 now as i had to install 1.7 couldnt get 1.4 running to my liking.

-viper-

Banned
lol wtf. i've installed the mod and it's deleted my entire gamesave and restarted from the first mission. fucking hell.

voltron

screenshots are way more impressive than the moving video. Still looks great though.

But the initial impression from the screenshot in the OP is pure amazement.

Top Bottom