• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4 + iCEnhancer mod. Holy mother of god.

Nekrono

Kunohara said:
Would a core 2 duo 3.0ghz cpu with a 560Ti 4 gigs of ram run this to at least 30fps?

I am afraid my cpu might be the bottleneck, but I just want to be sure.
It certainly will, GTA IV doesn't like dual cores, I was running a Core 2 Duo @ 2.2Ghz and I was getting around 15 fps, I got a 2500k and now I get 60 fps average with all settings on Very High, shadows on High and all sliders at 40, running a 6950.

Kunohara

Nekrono said:
It certainly will, GTA IV doesn't like dual cores, I was running a Core 2 Duo @ 2.2Ghz and I was getting around 15 fps, I got a 2500k and now I get 60 fps average with all settings on Very High, shadows on High and all sliders at 40, running a 6950.

Fuck. I'd need to get a whole new motherboard to upgrade. I was afraid of that.

Thanks anyway.

xemumanic

Kunohara said:
Would a core 2 duo 3.0ghz cpu with a 560Ti 4 gigs of ram run this to at least 30fps?

I am afraid my cpu might be the bottleneck, but I just want to be sure.

I probably have the same CPU as you (E6850), and I have the same amount of RAM. When I first started playing GTA4, I had a 9800 GTX+. Now that I have a 560 Ti like you, I swear GTA4 doesn't run any better. Other games do, but not that.

But even then, its clear my CPU is a bottleneck. I'm just trying to hold out for Ivy Bridge.

Shawsie64

Banned
I installed the game then the ICE enhancer and then patched it to 1.0.7.0 to see what would happen.. There is some texture pop up and some weird glitches sometimes but it runs alot better than 1.0.4.0.. that said though my 6950 2gb is chugging alot which I find fairly ridiculous

ss_lemonade

Few bugs aside, I am now a believe of the master race:

UnUNeh.jpg

0FPE0h.jpg

33PkVh.jpg

hgSsLh.jpg

8n4nSh.jpg

77lGGh.jpg

0mBiah.jpg

GTX 275 + 2500k @ 4.5 setup here, 1920x1080 downsampled to 1024x576

aperman

Neo Member
8-Core Mac Pro @ 3.0GHz running Windows via Bootcamp.

16GB RAM.

ATI 5870 w/ 1GB VRAM.

....Steam copy. Damnit, release an update already.

I want to see what my comp can do.

KiddToKmart

Neo Member
So I decided to take the leap with this mod, considering I could easily delete it and roll back to vanilla. After backing up my files and installing ICEnhancer 1.2 on the latest Steam build (sans EFLC), I crossed my fingers and fired up the game.

What a pleasant surprise. Graphics looked NICE, similar to a lot of screenshots on this thread, and the nighttime gameplay was equally if not more brilliant. On an AMD X4 635, 4GB RAM and GTX465, the game ran between 30-40 FPS on 1920x1080.

Am at work right now and will put up more screenshots later. Here are 4 for now:

gtaiv2011071309123834.jpg

gtaiv2011071308273540.jpg

gtaiv2011071308473343.jpg

gtaiv2011071308543301.jpg

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Sethos said:
1.2.5 is releasing today, can't wait.

It seems that way going by the facebook page.

This seems to be the features / changes? Could just be some dude guessing ;D

iCEnhancer 1.25 content :
- 3 Depth of Field (Dynamic (Default);Subtle;Subtle HQ)
- 2 Light effects (Lens Flare 3.0 (Default); Light Shafts (Beta))
- EFLC / 1070 Version with limited effects
- Shaders replacement for 1040 & 1070 & EFLC (Red Sky Fix)
- Trees & Roads textures
- F.A.Q
- And of course iCEnhancer 1.25

evlcookie said:
It seems that way going by the facebook page.

This seems to be the features / changes? Could just be some dude guessing ;D

Trying to find their facebook page. Mind linking it?

EDIT: NM think I found it

Lost Soul

Dammit got really excited after installing gta 4 i chucked on the iCEhanced 1.2 mod without backing up. I think the mod looks great during the day but it's really freakin dark at night and is unplayable for me. Now i have the retail version here do i need to revoke the license first or can i just reinstall it again and use the same product key thats on my booklet and i'll be fine?

Lost Soul said:
Dammit got really excited after installing gta 4 i chucked on the iCEhanced 1.2 mod without backing up. I think the mod looks great during the day but it's really freakin dark at night and is unplayable for me. Now i have the retail version here do i need to revoke the license first or can i just reinstall it again and use the same product key thats on my booklet and i'll be fine?
I'm pretty sure you can adjust the settings for the mod to make it brighter.

Couly

Neo Member
ICEnhancer's video is being uploaded now, and the mod is going on release in the next hour. Check his facebook.

I can't believe that there still aren't any gifs around of all these amazing videos (and of people's own recordings).
If there was ever a mod/game made for gif moments then this is it.

Lima

Installed this today. Looks amazing. Is there a good car pack floating around or do you have to install them individually?

EvilNando

Neo Member
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

you son o biches made me reinstall this game

LETS GO!!

any idea how well works with ati cards?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Dreams-Visions said:
all AMD users are in a world of shit until the 1.0.7.0 mod update comes out.

that's just how it is. Nvidia boys get to have fun right now. We get to look at pictures with sad eyes.
(゚O゚)\(- -;

(~_~;)

Vinlaen

So... does this work with the Steam version?

I really don't want to have to pay for this game a third time... (X-Box 360, PC (Steam), etc)

If I do have to buy it again, is GamersGate the best option?

Vinlaen said:
So... does this work with the Steam version?

I really don't want to have to pay for this game a third time... (X-Box 360, PC (Steam), etc)

If I do have to buy it again, is GamersGate the best option?

Supposedly the new release, which is dropping today, works with the Steam version. I'm not 100% sure on that but that's what I've been hearing.

Also, Direct2Drive has the original 1.0 version of the game, so that would be the best option. I contacted Gamersgate and asked which version they had but they didn't have an answer for me.

Vinlaen

I've done some more research and it looks like 1.0.7.0 will work but a lot of effects will be disabled so 1.0.4.0 is still the recommend (ie. "best") version.

I've just purchased GTA 4 (again!) from Amazon since it was like $15.99 so hopefully it's v1.0.0.0.

Vinlaen

OK - I can confirm that the Amazon PC Download version is 1.0.0.0.

I've updated it to 1.0.4.0, copied xlive.dll, and icenhancer v1.2 into the GTA 4 directory. It definitely "worked" but the lights are WAAAAAY too bright.

I thought I rememberd seeing this somewhere but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Can anybody help me out?

Once the Steam friendly patch does come out, is there a good website FAQ/Troubleshooting thing as to exactly what to install along with this mod?

I've got clean installs of GTA IV and Episodes on Steam but just want to know how to get the most of my PC in it

2500k, 4gb ram, 2GB 6970 so hopefully will be able to run it pretty decently at 1080 res :)

Fitz

Vinlaen said:

I've updated it to 1.0.4.0, copied xlive.dll, and icenhancer v1.2 into the GTA 4 directory. It definitely "worked" but the lights are WAAAAAY too bright.

Can anybody help me out?

Download Xliveless:

http://public.sannybuilder.com/GTA4/...ss-0.999b7.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/39299348...ss-0.999b7.rar

Place only the "Xlive.dll" in your root GTA IV folder, where the .exe is placed.

That should sort it.

mxgt

Banned
Vinlaen said:

Can anybody help me out?

There's different lighting sections in the config.

I turned down the intensity on car lights because it's way over the top.

Sethos

Banned
Just to reiterate people, 1.2.5 will be steam compatible ( 1.0.7.0 ) as in, it works but the mod isn't full fledged.

So you still need a game with the 1.0.4.0 patch to get all the effects and features. So anyone who was ready for the full monty on their latest version should be prepared for a bit of disappointment.

Top Bottom