• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4 + iCEnhancer mod. Holy mother of god.

imoTEP12

Sethos said:
Just to reiterate people, 1.2.5 will be steam compatible ( 1.0.7.0 ) as in, it works but the mod isn't full fledged.

So you still need a game with the 1.0.4.0 patch to get all the effects and features. So anyone who was ready for the full monty on their latest version should be prepared for a bit of disappointment.

I'm downloading it now, can't wait to play it with this installed.

Sethos

Banned
Are you shitting me?! We waited for a file to be approved that just contained a RAR'd readme with a link to a bog standard file sharing site?!

SLV

This might sound silly and lazy, but does someone mind making a quick tutorial kinda thing. That would include other mods that are good to have and that have been tested by yourselves to work well together. Like real cars, better handling, e.t.c. Specifically now that the Icehancer 1.25 version has come out, so it would work on Steam. Thank you !

UrbanRats

Sethos said:
Just to reiterate people, 1.2.5 will be steam compatible ( 1.0.7.0 ) as in, it works but the mod isn't full fledged.

So you still need a game with the 1.0.4.0 patch to get all the effects and features. So anyone who was ready for the full monty on their latest version should be prepared for a bit of disappointment.
1.2.0. was also compatible with 1.0.7.0 but with less effects, wth?

Sethos

Banned
UrbanRats said:
1.2.0. was also compatible with 1.0.7.0 but with less effects, wth?

It worked but it wasn't compatible because it wasn't designed for the patch whatsoever. Meaning you could see performance loss, weird effects etc. 1.2.5 has been made with 1.0.7.0 in mind so you get a more rounded experience with no hiccups but it still isn't the full package.

Enco

Is xliveless still necessary?

If so, forget it.

edit: I assume it is. To the person above me, you should use xliveless if you don't have it.

Sethos

Banned
HooYaH said:
Anyone getting problems on the intro to the game? It's really bright with over saturation.

Probably because it wasn't optimized for the lights featured in cutscenes.

Enco said:
Is xliveless still necessary?

If so, forget it.

Yes and it always will be.

EDIT: His new DoF / Blur looks like complete and utter ass. This game just doesn't do DoF very well because every time you turn / move the camera, it goes sharp for a second and then back to the blurred distant backgrounds - Really is annoying.

Sethos

Banned
So, he toned down the special effects with the shafts and flares and saturated the game a bit more as the washed out effect could be a bit in-your-face so that's good. His new default DoF / Motion Blur is crap and I've seen a few light scenarios where there's white, thin stringy lines added which looks horrible.

Performance went down as well in the benchmark, from 46+ to 41+

He said he'd work on the trees but still has the whiff of cartoon trees about them.

Think I might go back to the old iceshader.fx, my tree setting and see what else he whipped up.

Not impressed so far.

Stitch

Gold Member
It's working without xliveless for me(1.0.7.0). Just had to disable the EVGA Precision overlay because it crashed the game.

Worked without xliveless for me on 1.0.7.0, but ran into a different problem.

I have an nvidia optimus laptop and for some reason it keeps choosing the sandy bridge integrated gpu instead of the nvidia gpu. Even forcing the nvidia driver to run it on the nv gpu doesn't work.

It worked fine before so I guess I'll revert back to the default gta experience.

Evershade

I just installed this on the steam version of the game and it doesn't look that great. There doesn't seem to be any AA and only the lighting seems to be improved (and brighter). Am I doing something wrong, or do I really need to downgrade to 1.0.4 to get anything "Wow" out of this mod?

Sethos

Banned
Okay, going back to the old iceshader.fx from 1.2 helped. It's all crisp again and it even netted me back the 5 FPS missing, back up to 46+ avg. FPS and by closer inspection, the trees are much better. I just managed to catch a couple of overly green cartoon trees in a certain light setting but his new ones are much better.

Everything else looks good, kinda glad to get rid of the extreme washed out look and insane flare effects at times and the brightness seems much improved now.

ss_lemonade

Sethos said:
His new DoF / Blur looks like complete and utter ass. This game just doesn't do DoF very well because every time you turn / move the camera, it goes sharp for a second and then back to the blurred distant backgrounds - Really is annoying.
Man, I was hoping he would tone down the blur or find a way to make it look better. Oh well, will still try it out when I get home from work.

Stitch

Gold Member
Few shots from 1.0.7.0 - Ballad Of Gay Tony

edit: oh that's just with fxaa I think. mhh... good enough for me.

wwm0nkey said:
From reddit:

qmR1H.jpg

This looks like a screen-cap from some night scene from a movie. Absolutely amazing work by the modders.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
OK guys here's the G_A_Z_I_L_L_I_O_N dollar question.........

Even without xlivelless, can this game be played online? If so, how?

evlcookie said:
Did 1.0.7.0 give a performance boost to AMD users?

I do find it strange that my 6970 and 2500k @ 4.3 (too lazy to oc it more at the moment) can only pull 20ish FPS with things turned on compared to others on Nvidia cards.
yes, 1.0.7.0 damn near doubles AMD card performance. I'd assume that anything running on mods will be okay for AMD users so long as it's running on top of 1.0.7.0.

RedSwirl said:
What about the 1.2.5 mod update?
wait, is that for 1.0.7.0? the update is out? I'm on it like white on Tiger Woods.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
guys how do you play online with the Xlivelless.dll?

Downloading Ultimate Textures now. Installed ICE for 1.0.7.0, and didn't touch the configs. The nighttime sky is red and the cutscene graphics inside are completely fucked. Was running at 60fps with 2600k, 580 (SLI but I guess they dont work). Waiting for someone to inevitably school everyone on how to tweak this properly.

chepu

My 1.0.4.0 With Icenhancer 1.2 Runs "nice" actually, is there any reason to upgrade to Icenhancer 1.2.5?

does it improves game performance or something?

Ugh all road textures looks extremely white and washed out for me now, not sure if it fucked up or if this update just makes it uglier.

Before :
gtaiv2011-07-0521-41-19nya.jpg

Now :
gtaiv2011-07-1403-09-23nax.jpg

Stitch

Gold Member
chepu said:
My 1.0.4.0 With Icenhancer 1.2 Runs "nice" actually, is there any reason to upgrade to Icenhancer 1.2.5?

does it improves game performance or something?
no, but gta 1.0.7.0 would

Unicorn

BatmanBatmanBatman said:
Ugh all road textures looks extremely white and washed out for me now, not sure if it fucked up or if this update just makes it uglier.

Before :
[IG]http://www.abload.de/img/gtaiv2011-07-0521-41-19nya.jpg[/IG]

Now :
[IG]http://www.abload.de/img/gtaiv2011-07-1403-09-23nax.jpg[/IG]
ew.

Man this is making me want to replace my faulty dvd drive and try out. Last attempt ended up in freezing up windows explorer :-(. Anyways, how well can I expect this config and texture pack to run on my system at 1080p?

Phenom 2 X4 945 at 3Ghz
4GB DDR3 1333
gtx 460 768MB
Win 7 Pro 32 Bit

mr_nothin

Banned
It's an easy fix.

Just edit the "sunintensity" and turn it down a bit and/or adjust the "colorpow" setting and increase that a bit.

Varvor

I just done get what i am doing wrong. With 1070 if i install ICE mod with out Xlivle.dll game runs once works great but crushes every time just before game lunches after that. If i install xlive.dll it crushes when game tries to load up for first time.

Once steam version downgraded to 1040, auto update disable and Rockstar Social installed, it crushes regardless if i use xlive.dll or not.

Am i missing here something?

Copy paste ICEnhancer 1.2.5 in to GTAIV directory, copy paste xlive.dll, lunch the game?
Anything alse needed to be done for 1070, hell 1040 for that meter too?

Symphonic

Varvor said:
I just done get what i am doing wrong. With 1070 if i install ICE mod with out Xlivle.dll game runs once works great but crushes every time just before game lunches after that. If i install xlive.dll it crushes when game tries to load up for first time.

Once steam version downgraded to 1040, auto update disable and Rockstar Social installed, it crushes regardless if i use xlive.dll or not.

Am i missing here something?

Copy paste ICEnhancer 1.2.5 in to GTAIV directory, copy paste xlive.dll, lunch the game?
Anything alse needed to be done for 1070, hell 1040 for that meter too?

Having the same problem. Except my game is crashing, not crushing.

Top Bottom