• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4 + iCEnhancer mod. Holy mother of god.

YT comment from the uploader:

My computer is only an iMac with a Core i7 @ 2.97 and a little Radeon 5750 which is mid-range.

Using GTA4 on 1.0.4.0

It''s gonna work on lastest patchs + EFLC later , like next week.

I said wow...

Binabik15

Wat.

Seriously, what.

Was GTA 4 series already a daily Steam sale or just the general Rockstar sale?

I need this. Even if I have to go to my brother and his 6950s every time I want to play it.

For those wondering what kind of rig you need to run this, this is from the creator of the video:

"My computer is only an iMac with a Core i7 @ 2.97 and a little Radeon 5750 which is mid-range.

Using GTA4 on 1.0.4.0

It''s gonna work on lastest patchs + EFLC later , like next week.
"

There you go.

Edit: Beaten!

I just tried jt this morning. Jacked up my brightness and contrast to an unbelievable degree. Trees look like paper cutouts. Doesn't look like that YouTube video at all. Did I miss any additional things I need to do? I'm using the steam version if that makes a diff.

Really puts shit in perspective. Most gamers do not think about how much work is put into these games in terms of true to life details.

Stitch

Gold Member
Sethos said:
Oh btw, iCEnhancer 1.2.5 is apparently built specifically to be 1.0.7.0 compatible, so there's hope people :)
:O
but i actually only want this because it has FXAA :x

Jonm1010

Banned
Anyone remember that cancelled game 2 Days to Vegas?

Even then I remember seeing those bullshots and saying to myself, it's not possible this gen.

This video is the first time I've seen a mod or game that actually matches and exceeds those bullshots. Still sitting blown away here.

Sethos

Banned
yellow submarine said:
I just tried jt this morning. Jacked up my brightness and contrast to an unbelievable degree. Trees look like paper cutouts. Doesn't look like that YouTube video at all. Did I miss any additional things I need to do? I'm using the steam version if that makes a diff.

The original config does need some tweaking, especially the trees.

Replace this in your config; ( Just a suggestion, what I use, could probably be better )

[TREE]
LeavesReflectionAmount=0.0
LeavesSpecularPower=0.0
LeavesAmbientAmount=0.95
LeavesColorMultiplier=1.0
LeavesColorPow=1.8
LeavesColorFilterR=1.0
LeavesColorFilterG=1.0
LeavesColorFilterB=1.2

This is how my trees look with the above;

7.png

Binabik15

Shadow of the BEAST said:
Bububu diminishing returns.

this looks like 3 generations away from current games. And its just some lightning model right?

Looks like the street and bricks aren´t tesselated, PASS!

Maybe one day modders won´t have to do all the work for sandbox game devs (JC2 excluded).

Jonm1010 said:
Yeah I think that would be my ultimate dream GTA. Graphics like video with fully destructible environments. Unrealistic for next gen probably and the additional costs would probably also make it out of reach.

It's really hard to say how much unrealistic physics-based destruction would be.

I mean assume next-gen is N times more powerful than this gen. Would dev rather up the graphics but leave physics as it is now or go total physics-based destruction (on buildings, bridges, domes etc.) and have graphics like in this GTA4 mod. Are physics still CPU bound?

Hard to say what would be more demanding. Besides if we want GTA to be "realistic": how would one bring down a whole skyscraper. It doesn't really happen in real-life...

Zapages

what would be the specs of a computer to get something like this to run.

I am looking to buy a new computer that will run something like this and trackmania 2. :)

DieH@rd

Banned
Zapages said:
what would be the specs of a computer to get something like this to run.

I am looking to buy a new computer that will run something like this and trackmania 2. :)

quadcore and any modern $100+ gpu, but offcourse you can aim higher.

Angry Fork

This makes me weep because of the potential a PC exclusive GTA has. Such a damn shame, but mods like this ease the hurt.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Angry Fork said:
This makes me weep because of the potential a PC exclusive GTA has. Such a damn shame, but mods like this ease the hurt.
Potential for what?
Certainly not a billion and a half copies sold.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
This is what I'm expecting we'll see on the next generation of consoles from developers who really try, especially later in the gen.
bobs99 ... said:
Im not even a graphics guy and im blown away, I fear that something special will be lost in the artistic side of things when true photorealism is possible, but I still cant wait to see it happen.
If photorealism were hypothetically possible (it's not even possible over a sustained period in full budget CG movies; Avatar is the closest we've gotten), then Pixar graphics would be possible too. So many people are looking for escapism from their entertainment that I doubt we'll ever see the end of interesting art styles in simulated worlds.

Gully State said:
I've never understood why Rockstar never embraced the modding community. The stuff these guys to do GTA is just downright amazing and yet Rockstar releases patches that completely breaks these things.

I believe the main reason Rockstar locked off modding in GTA 4 from 1.0.40 onwards was down to hacking in multiplayer. They would release a new patch disabling trainers and you would get about 24 hours before hacking started again.

So with 1.0.7.0 they did their damnedest to cut out any kind of modding whatsoever. I am surprised there hasn't been a way to downgrade the steam version yet.

Van Buren

Gully State said:
How good is FXAA and will that slaughter performance like SSAA?

I've been playing around with it for a couple of days, and the FXAA hit is negligible - it leaves enough headroom to even enable 3D. Without it, the aliasing issue is a lot more pronounced.

Sethos

Banned
CharmingCharlie said:
I believe the main reason Rockstar locked off modding in GTA 4 from 1.0.40 onwards was down to hacking in multiplayer. They would release a new patch disabling trainers and you would get about 24 hours before hacking started again.

So with 1.0.7.0 they did their damnedest to cut out any kind of modding whatsoever. I am surprised there hasn't been a way to downgrade the steam version yet.

Main reason why ENB never reached 1.0.7.0 was because Rockstar kept changing the shaders with every patch release, shitting all over ENB's work and he basically gave up. There's one reason why the mod community is stagnating, those who make headway is cockblocked by R*

Jtwo said:
Potential for what?
Certainly not a billion and a half copies sold.

Then where's the harm in devs pulling a DICE and leading on PC then downgrading where appropriate on consoles? Judging by the lack of rock solid framerates, it seems that most devs are exceeding what consoles are capable of doing during development anyway. Why not give one of your versions space to breathe, and scale down for the rest?

StevieP

Banned
Shadow of the BEAST said:
Next gen consoles will be the biggest leap in graphics ever. Even overshadowing snes/psone

I still can't believe people think like this, on GAF of all places.

WrikaWrek

Banned
So this guy gets an automatic spot on a video company after doing this right?

Because he clearly needs to be working in games.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hey Cousin, wanna go bowling?

NO FUCK OFF ROMAN, I'M LOOKING AT THE SUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN THROUGH THE TREEEESSSSSS.

...Okay, maybe next time?

(Mods out Roman and the rest of the crew that calls)

Suddenly, GTA4 is photo realistic and better!

Gotta admit, this tempts me to buy a boxed retail copy of GTA4 PC for $15. Too bad I don't have the cash or PC. :(

Sethos

Banned
WrikaWrek said:
So this guy gets an automatic spot on a video company after doing this right?

Because he clearly needs to be working in games.

Too bad the guy who originally made this gave up because Rockstar cockblocked him constantly.

ramine

Unconfirmed Member
Looks really impressive. I wonder if there will ever be (or if there have been) cases of official mod endorsement. It would make sense to see mods like this bundled with the game during Steam sales and such, kind of like a GOTY package. Morrowind 2011 and Stalker come to mind too.

Mohonky

Darklord said:

This is what I don't understand...the lighting makes it look like their is actually sunlight. It's near perfect. Yet so many games, racing games in particular get this so so wrong (looking at you Forza series).

Surely it can't be hard to get that sort of lighting correct in racing games? Hell PGR4 did it, PGR4 was godly with it's lighting in this respect, especially cloudy races.

I'm hoping Forza 4 uses a lighting palette similar to this.

Ceebs

So is it possible to run this at a steady 30 FPS on current high end hardware? Or will it still stutter on sandy bridge+580?

Top Bottom